I'm currently looking for a job. I was just laid off and I've worked in the IT industry for about 7 years. I've installed cable/data services devices in a field environment and I have great customer service experience. Also, I'm prior service ARMY. I'm currently located in VA but I am open to relocating. I can send my resume to those who request it for advice and possible employment opps.
    Last edited by dunsuni; 01-09-09 at 02:36 PM.
    01-09-09 02:30 PM
    Good luck boss. It's getting ugly out in the job market.
    01-09-09 09:46 PM
    Highest unemplyoment rate in 60 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 11:12 PM
    Highest rate or #?

01-09-09 11:17 PM
    I'm happy I'm a touring musician. People always pay for entertainment when they are down in the dumps. Its a rough job market. Keep your head up bro.
    01-10-09 02:41 AM
    Have u tried applying for the IRS? They're always looking for people in the IT field. Go to usajobs.gov

01-10-09 03:50 AM
    FBI is hiring IT also.

01-10-09 04:46 AM
    yea , i'm all over the govt jobs because they seem to be the only ones who can afford to hire...how ironic considering the current status of the economy
    01-13-09 01:42 PM
    yea , i'm all over the govt jobs because they seem to be the only ones who can afford to hire...how ironic considering the current status of the economy
    Something ironic is the Dept of Labor is hiring also. Last week N.Y's Dept of Unemployments system crashed from overload.
    01-13-09 03:06 PM
    Government can only afford to hire cause they're printing money as fast as the machines can run. It won't take long til they'll be able to use up the entire GDP, 'cause businesses will cut back or shut down as the pigs demand more, more!

If it's not reigned in, our national flag will be
    The Vaseline logo, and we'll be the United States of BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!)

Seriously, I wish you success in your endeavor, good hunting!

01-13-09 03:29 PM
    Dunno where in VA you are, but check out MindShift. Good luck man.

-Fellow IT guy, who just barely avoided the round of layoffs that just passed through here
    01-16-09 01:21 PM
    Good Luck. I lost my job Sept. 8th and still have not found anything. And I haven't limited myself- I have applied everywhere in every state. It's just a crappy market right now. Interested to see what the new President will have up his sleeve.
    01-16-09 02:47 PM
    Try Monster.Com Yet?

Would You Consider Going to India For Work?

I Hear Thats The Best Place For IT's at the Moment...
    01-16-09 03:29 PM
    If you don't mind traveling, you should apply at Remetronix in FL. Don't worry, you can reside anywhere and they'll provide travel. They install and callibrate medical equipment all over the U.S. Look them up at REMETRONIX . Good luck!
    01-16-09 04:06 PM
    Depends where in VA. If you are in the Tidewater, I can't imagine you'd have much trouble finding a job with your credentials.

<-----still looking for a job as well
    01-16-09 04:07 PM
    Yeah I lost my job in august and can't even get anyone to even give you the time of day. Its really tough right now. I am faced with losing the house right now and that is a hard pill to swallow.

01-17-09 03:08 PM
    Depends where in VA. If you are in the Tidewater, I can't imagine you'd have much trouble finding a job with your credentials.
    I picked up the Daily Press when I was home last weekend- the employment section in the Sunday paper was appalling- only a half page- I have never seen it that bad. Just shows that even in a populated area things are lagging.
    01-17-09 04:44 PM
    this is a company contracted by the govt (military) to install and service their alarm systems....worldwide....we are expanding this year to double the techs.....IT guys are prefered. we install all the security, so if you have experience in that field it helps. Doesnt matter where you live cuz you travel 99% of the time. Hit me up and let me know how it goes......
    01-22-09 12:52 PM
    same problem here i movedto Dallas seems to be the only place where you can find jobs. Good luck man!
    01-27-09 05:33 PM
    I picked up the Daily Press when I was home last weekend- the employment section in the Sunday paper was appalling- only a half page- I have never seen it that bad. Just shows that even in a populated area things are lagging.
    Yeah and the Legal section keeps getting bigger with all those homes the banks are taking. Please tell me what the gov. plans on doing with all the misplaced people and all these empty houses? My hubby lost his job in Oct. 08 still has not found anything, so he is the stay at home dad and we are trying to get by on my salary. I teach but now they are talking layoffs for teachers........ what is the USA coming to?
    01-28-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD