Since we have Black Friday in Germany now, the white BB Q10 was only 160 (about 200 $) and I couldn't resist and bought one. So now I have a white iPhone 6 Plus and BB Q10. I'm really excited and can't wit to hold it in my hands. If it will fit my needs I will sell the iPhone 6 Plus and get a iPad mini instead.
    Anybody else switched from Apple to BB and want to share the experience?
    11-29-14 10:00 AM
    I switched mid 2013 to a Q10 too.
    Never needed to go back to iOS and I was an iphone user since 2007.
    I find multitasking on the Q10 way more easy and fluid.
    Now I have a Passport but I still use regularly my Q10 as I find it extraordinary for mobility (so tiny and yet it does everything very fast:smarter than any iphone imho)

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 10:09 AM
    I basically did the same thing since I was able to get the white Q10 for $199.

I am a long time BlackBerry user and as such like the hardware keyboard form factor. I really like the HUB and find a unified inbox like it to be the best way to handle all messaging needs. Battery life is pretty good as well as cell reception. I like the option for an SD card and may throw a 64gb in the phone for music and photos.

However, with all the things I like about the Q10 I miss a lot of aspects of the iphone. I prefer the iphone build (lighter and feels better put together). My Q has a battery door moves slightly sometimes, the phone is slightly heavier and prefer the overall look of the iphone. I MISS TouchID and the lightening connector (micro usb sucks in comparison). I miss facetime -- it works better than Skype and 100x better than bbm video. I have an ipad air and everything syncs perfectly with the iphone and allows me to text and call from the tablet. Continuity allows me to start something on the phone and finish it on the ipad or mac. Icloud photo stream saves phone memory and allows my photos to be across all my devices.

I am going to give the Q about another month or two and see if I find anything to make it worth keeping over the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:06 PM
    I basically did the same thing since I was able to get the white Q10 for $199.

I am a long time BlackBerry user and as such like the hardware keyboard form factor. I really like the HUB and find a unified inbox like it to be the best way to handle all messaging needs. Battery life is pretty good as well as cell reception. I like the option for an SD card and may throw a 64gb in the phone for music and photos.

However, with all the things I like about the Q10 I miss a lot of aspects of the iphone. I prefer the iphone build (lighter and feels better put together). My Q has a battery door moves slightly sometimes, the phone is slightly heavier and prefer the overall look of the iphone. I MISS TouchID and the lightening connector (micro usb sucks in comparison). I miss facetime -- it works better than Skype and 100x better than bbm video. I have an ipad air and everything syncs perfectly with the iphone and allows me to text and call from the tablet. Continuity allows me to start something on the phone and finish it on the ipad or mac. Icloud photo stream saves phone memory and allows my photos to be across all my devices.

I am going to give the Q about another month or two and see if I find anything to make it worth keeping over the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, good effort. You're already a fair bit entrenched in the Apple ecosystem. Not really sure if you're forcing it a bit to fit that BlackBerry in between all those Apples. :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-01-14 02:43 AM
    Wow, good effort. You're already a fair bit entrenched in the Apple ecosystem. Not really sure if you're forcing it a bit to fit that BlackBerry in between all those Apples. :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    Yeah wife fell in love w/ apple and we have been steadily going farther into their ecosystem (not a horrible thing). We have had good experience with the products so it's hard not to adopt more. I had a playbook for a while but now it just to slow for me.

I love BlackBerry and have had a lot of models going back to the 8700 (favorite phone of all time). I figured I would give the Q10 a shot and it has been a good experience this last month. Only time (and blend) will tell if I start to not miss the other stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:15 AM
    Welcome to the world of BlackBerry!

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    12-02-14 02:09 PM
    My spouse and I did the same thing in 2013; we never looked back. In fact after a few days of using BB10 IOS was irritating to use. We started with Z10s, then I moved to a Q10, and now I'm using a passport. My wife is still using her Z10. I have been equally impressed with all the BB10 devices along the way. Welcome. Load up snap, amazon app store and prepare to be impressed.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:24 PM
    Yep, I had the iPhone 6 Plus for roughly two months. I loved the phone! But, I decided to try out other phones and go back to the iPhone next year. I'll be rocking the Q10 and Z30 for a few months, then I'll buy an iPhone 6 again.
    12-28-14 11:59 PM