'Thursday 10th July. We're pleased to announce that a local grocery store has upgraded its fleet of devices to BlackBerry's leading market solutions.

The fleet of two devices will be rolled out to all staff in the one small store to help grow secure end to end optimization solutions. The owner of the store spoke about the acquisition: 'They were a good price. I got some free minutes which I will use to call my brother on the west coast.'

Although they don't currently own a computer, the store are also understood to be investigating the adoption of BES10 secure enterprise services.'

Seriously BlackBerry, what's up with all these press releases about the adoption of BlackBerry by one small business in developing markets? It just makes it look like amateur hour.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 3Dee; 07-10-14 at 05:37 AM.
    07-10-14 01:50 AM
    Oops, double post

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 01:51 AM
    Celebrating small victories in a sea of negativity?

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-10-14 01:54 AM
    Small block makes building.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 01:56 AM
    Some of these smaller companies are actually quite large in their respective countries.

I rolled out 10 phones and BES10, I don't expect a press release about it. You won't see one forth coming from BlackBerry either.

However, a roll out of 100+ in a law firm with a big up to security is useful for other SMBs to see that it's a good product that legal firms can use for productivity which makes other IT managers look at it as a way forward.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by g33kphr33k; 07-10-14 at 04:47 PM.
    Superfly_FR and stevepar like this.
    07-10-14 02:04 AM
    The word "fleet" sounds alot to me. How many devices were exactly got deployed ?
    07-10-14 02:33 AM
    It's better than news like samsung knox getting axed. It's showing how companies big or small are trusting BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    chern likes this.
    07-10-14 07:44 AM
    Just a proof that Business doesn't mean only big fat companies, but a lot of little entrepreneurs can find what they are looking for with BB10.
    Professionals and people focused on productivity is the new target and mr. Chen want to rally from the doctor who works by himself to the corporate workers who work in team, and in the middle there are a lot of medium-small businesses who may only need 2 devices.
    Better have some more BB10 "fleet" of two devices than 2 more androids or iphones out there.
    Better for them and for us (users that appreciate Blackberry's solutions).
    07-10-14 07:54 AM
    I know some small (under 10 ppl) that have both results and serious security concerns than much bigger ones. Law firms, equity investors....
    These are serious references, for people dealing with the matter of security and efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    Edited: there was an extra 0
    PowderJockey likes this.
    07-10-14 05:44 PM
    Just to be clear, the 'news release' above isn't real.

Excuse me whilst the irony of having to point this out smacks me round the face...
    Attached Thumbnails This just in... (BlackBerry news spoof)-fry-crackberry.jpg  
    jstarett and BroncoVAL like this.
    07-10-14 05:46 PM
    Sure got that, but the irony was pointing out real press releases, isn't it ?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 05:50 PM
    Just to be clear, the 'news release' above isn't real.

Excuse me whilst the irony of having to point this out smacks me round the face...
    Well it seemed odd and I didn't care to check on it.
    But I still believe a campaign from BlackBerry focused on little/medium enterprises should be done.
    A lot of people work in small enterprises as said above, and BlackBerry shouldn't let that image of CEO-only devices.
    Corporate world is one thing (and big enterprises are very important market) but a more 'popular' target should be more represented imho.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and 3Dee like this.
    07-10-14 06:43 PM
    [...] but a more 'popular' target should be more represented imho.
    "Prosumers" segment it is.
    And it IS clearly addressed as a part of the "Enterprise" action.
    I'm not sure it'll be "press released", yet we shall ear about case studies in the blogs.
    diegonei and BroncoVAL like this.
    07-11-14 02:49 AM
    I'm not sure it'll be "press released", yet we shall ear about case studies in the blogs.
    "Prosumers."

What a load of marketing BS.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-11-14 03:44 AM
    I was referring more to the CEO's declaration that a lot of his peers still use a Blackberry, or the Huffington lady that manages 4 Blackberries.
    'Prosumers' is one thing 'Prosumers of the 1%' is a totally different thing.
    It's certainly more glamorous to be associated to Fortune's top 100 but i hope to see more 'humble' successful references (as you said yourself about under 10 people companies) and they are the big majority out there.
    07-11-14 06:41 AM
    "Prosumers."
    Not to my perception; it's a target composed by fragmented series of consumers none has collected previoulsy as an identified consistent target.
    Pretty much describes the typical BlackBerry loyalist user base, besides corporate users.
    The term is a neologism, yet there is sense in the approach, IMHO.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    07-11-14 01:39 PM
    "Prosumers."

Hehe. You should be the last person talking about marketing BS. They all do it. They all talk marketing BS. People ask if my Z10 has a retina display. Lol. The word prosumer is not new either. BlackBerry didn't pull it out their butts. Although someone did at some point.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 02:10 PM
    The janitor who works in my building switched to a blackberry. That's one small step for Blackberry, one giant leap for berrykind.
    07-11-14 02:28 PM
    The janitor who works in my building switched to a blackberry. That's one small step for Blackberry, one giant leap for berrykind.
    That janitor is going places.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 03:05 PM
    the Venezuelans are in :P
    07-11-14 08:02 PM
    You should be the last person talking about marketing BS.
    Me personally? How come?

07-11-14 10:18 PM
    Me personally? How come?

Because I know you as the Apple guy on these forums. You are even using an iPad. No offence, but Apple is king of marketing BS. Although, not many companies are innocent of doing it.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 11:19 AM
    I see this thread has been put out to pasture - mods, please feel to delete

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-12-14 08:21 PM