Hey CB Community.
    I just been screwed off $400 on craigslist by posting an ad for selling my iPhone,
    I didn't need it anymore due to going back to my Blackberry.
    The guys called me like 2 minutes after the post
    it was up for $425 guy says can you do $400 i just got paid.
    I said ok, come pick it up..

he show's up 30 minutes later, I get in the car 2 african americans. they distract me one's checking the phone with the car charger saying ok it's good, other one is counting the money, i was alone and kind of nervous in that situation plus it was dark out so i didn't really think clearly just to get the money and go, he hands it to me i count 4 hundreds and say thank you and leave the car, they immediately leave the scene and drive off.
    i go inside and check it and see it's clearly fake.. i know it's dumb of me to not check more clearly but by then it was too late.
    i called the cops and filed a report. i have the guys cell number it's a prepaid att number, is there a way i can track it or find the name for the detectives? I really wanna catch these guys and see them rot in prison, i can't believe people pull this ****, and after some research i see it's very common on craigslist. so to everyone doing business on that site, be very aware and careful who your dealing with and always check the money to see if it's real.

any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!!
    thanks guys.
    12-14-13 10:01 PM
    No snitching!! It's either u deal with it yourself or that's it

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:05 PM
    That is bad! Should do all your business with lights never in dark lol
    12-14-13 10:05 PM
    No snitching!! It's either u deal with it yourself or that's it

Posted via CB10
    that's not helpful at all..
    how would i deal with it myself i don't know where they live or who they are..
    what would you do in my shoes, if it happened to you?
    12-14-13 10:06 PM
    That's the problem with prepaid phones. No names. The most likely already tossed the phone. The cops aren't going to find anything.

For future reference always do meets during the day and choose a parking lot of some well known store like walmart that have cameras. Depending on where you live invest in a handgun. Once tried to buy a saxophone off a guy for a few hundred. He and a friend me at knife point until I drew my gun.

And my biggest piece of advice is to always get the license plate. Either picture or memorize regardless of how the sale turns out. Sorry for your loss.

? Posted with Q10 ?
    vakk likes this.
    12-14-13 10:13 PM
    That's the problem with prepaid phones. No names. The most likely already tossed the phone. The cops aren't going to find anything.

For future reference always do meets during the day and choose a parking lot of some well known store like walmart that have cameras. Depending on where you live invest in a handgun. Once tried to buy a saxophone off a guy for a few hundred. He and a friend me at knife point until I drew my gun.

And my biggest piece of advice is to always get the license plate. Either picture or memorize regardless of how the sale turns out. Sorry for your loss.

? Posted with Q10 ?
    Thank you Michael.
    I definitely learned my lesson, it's just iv'e done business plenty of times and never thought it could happen and to me, but it did.
    att has a name, i called them they cannot give it to me on the phone, but they might be able to help if i go in the store they could probably give me it, so i will be going in first thing in the morning when they open.
    12-14-13 10:16 PM
    Hey CB Community.
    I just been screwed off $400 on craigslist by posting an ad for selling my iPhone,

he show's up 30 minutes later, I get in the car 2 african americans. they distract me one's checking the phone with the car charger saying ok it's good, other one is counting the money, i was alone and kind of nervous in that situation plus it was dark out so i didn't really think clearly just to get the money and go, he hands it to me i count 4 hundreds and say thank you and leave the car, they immediately leave the scene and drive off.
    i go inside and check it and see it's clearly fake.. i know it's dumb of me to not check more clearly but by then it was too late.
    i called the cops and filed a report. i have the guys cell number it's a prepaid att number, is there a way i can track it or find the name for the detectives? I really wanna catch these guys and see them rot in prison, i can't believe people pull this ****, and after some research i see it's very common on craigslist. so to everyone doing business on that site, be very aware and careful who your dealing with and always check the money to see if it's real.

thanks guys.
    I purchase a phone from someone through Craig List as well. We meet in neutral ground in a public library, I was weary of getting a dud and he was weary I gave him fake money, we both took time to check our end of the bargain. It all ends well.
    Never put yourself in a disadvantage position. Getting in a car of someone is always dangerous, god knows if you find out it was a fake in the car, what kind of stunt they will pull to rob you off your money. It sucks to be cheated but also consider your self lucky that you did not get hurt physically.
    12-14-13 10:18 PM
    I purchase a phone from someone through Craig List as well. We meet in neutral ground in a public library, I was weary of getting a dud and he was weary I gave him fake money, we both took time to check our end of the bargain. It all ends well.
    Never put yourself in a disadvantage position. Getting in a car of someone is always dangerous, god knows if you find out it was a fake in the car, what kind of stunt they will pull to rob you off your money. It sucks to be cheated but also consider your self lucky that you did not get hurt physically.
    Yea i realized i got very lucky in my situation,
    Thinking about it now, if i did realize in the car it was counterfeit, what would their reaction would have been?
    just drive off with me in the car and who know's what.. they looked like real criminal thugs.
    I pray God punishes them, and hope they get caught by the law and if they have previous records which I'm sure they do..get locked up for a while! I will do everything i can to track them down by phone number.
    hope the name will help me out, fingers crossed.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    12-14-13 10:44 PM
    Chalk it up as a lesson learned and you will be wiser from now on and just move on, not worth beating yourself up over it

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    bambinoitaliano and vakk like this.
    12-14-13 10:48 PM
    Sucks bro...I got taken the same way for $300 a few years ago. Got too complacent.

Fired from my Z10
    vakk likes this.
    12-14-13 10:53 PM
    Sucks bro...I got taken the same way for $300 a few years ago. Got too complacent.

Fired from my Z10
    Sorry to hear man, it really sucks
    Innocent victims getting robbed.
    I'm still paying the phone off on my carrier got another $340 balance on it left to pay..
    12-14-13 10:55 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Always meet up in a public place like inside McDonald's or a coffee shop where there are other people around.

Posted via CB10
    vakk likes this.
    12-14-13 11:16 PM
    Bwahahahaha! Afro-Americans huh? Thanks for being politically correct

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-14-13 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's that supposed to mean?
    12-15-13 12:04 AM
    And now they know where your House is..... Mhhh
    12-15-13 01:13 AM
    Hey CB Community.

thanks guys.
    you're in nyc,,, what'd you expect??? either you just moved there, or you've been hiding under a rock if you're from there,,, welcome to the jungle,,, report it stolen,,, & change ALL your passwords to EVERYTHING...

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...mented-879265/
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-15-13 at 11:06 AM.
    12-15-13 04:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    actually he said "african americans"...
    12-15-13 04:03 AM
    Sounds like you deserved it signaling out the " prejudice " in your words

Kah
    12-15-13 04:29 AM
    People really meet in cars? The sales I do, I meet them at my bank in the lobby. They hand me the money and I have the teller tell me if it's real. They'll check it right there for you.

If a person won't meet you in the lobby of a bank, then they're a scammer.

And to the dude saying "no snitching", screw that. I'd be pushing as hard as I could to find out some info and send them to jail.

To the op, use a google voice number and set up another sale, see if the same people contact/meet you at a new location. You may get lucky. If they do, you now have them. Just say you're somebody else in a fake car. When they pull up, if you notice the car, get the plate number.

They're obviously out doing this or they wouldn't have gotten you.

Looking for the real vijik. Q10
    12-15-13 05:21 AM
    Couple of things:
    To the OP, sorry you had to deal with the dregs of society. Unfortunately they are out there. Keep in touch with the detective and maybe you will get lucky if these perps pull this again.
    To the "no snitch" comment, it is people like you that enable crimes to continue in this country. I bet you sing a different tune if something happens to you or you family.
    To the PC comment, actually the detective probably wrote the following in his report; BM, 25-30, 180lbs, wearing tan carhart, or whatever.
    12-15-13 06:02 AM
    Sorry to hear man, it really sucks
    Innocent victims getting robbed.
    I'm still paying the phone off on my carrier got another $340 balance on it left to pay..
    I didn't even see this post. I'd report the phone stolen. ATT will disable the phone then and you may get a new phone for a fraction of what you lost.

They may even be able to see it with the imei on that number you have. Then they would likely give you info and help with a police report.

Looking for the real vijik. Q10
    12-15-13 06:52 AM
    that's not helpful at all..
    how would i deal with it myself i don't know where they live or who they are..
    what would you do in my shoes, if it happened to you?
    You are probably looking to get killed if you pursue this on your own. Let the police deal with it (if they are pursuing it at all).

Posted from my Z10 using CB10.
    jevinzac likes this.
    12-15-13 07:47 AM
    I feel sorry for u!
    This has happened to me too, almost 3 years back when I was in 11th grade, I saw an ad for BlackBerry 9860 for 150$ in expatriates.com much like Craig list, but this was in Bahrain. So I contacted him, he gave me a link to some counterfeit website www.phonics.miiduu.com , back then I thought whoever has a website is genuine, so I went with the Deal and wired money i.e 150$ to him through Western union, he said he stayed in England� the worst part is that was my hard earned money since like 2 years and that was all I had with me and it was to purchase my dream phone BlackBerry 9860! But he just took it from me in just a second! I couldn't do anything, if my parents come to know about it I would have been screwed, so I kept it a secret and stayed helpless. I still regret being so stupid back then! but I learned a lesson. And now I know whom to trust and whom not to!

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    12-15-13 08:28 AM
    What's that supposed to mean?
    That means you didn't call them the N word outta Anger

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 02:36 PM
    actually he said "african americans"...
    African American = Afro-American sir. I'm one

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 02:39 PM
32 12