Well tomorrow I could quite be bored outta my skull with jury duty. If I call that number tonight. It'll say I either have to attend or not. I'd rather be working to be brutally honest than sit through something I could care less about.

But if I have to go, I'm gonna say to whomever is sitting next to me on the panel. To elbow me in the side if I start to fall asleep. Because I'm that exhausted from work today as it is. And I just know I'll probably be dozing off.
    12-02-08 10:41 AM
    Oh man I feel you... I get pick like clock work every year!
    12-03-08 03:24 AM
    Actually, in my situation, I rather enjoyed it.

1. I'm a first shifter, so my alarms normally start @ 1AM. Jury duty started at 9 on Monday and 10 on Tuesday!

2. My wife works for a lawyer, and I ran into the lawyers on Monday. They took me to lunch. Free food always tastes better.

3. Lunch breaks M/T were 90 / 75 minutes.

4. We got sent home about 2:30 every day.

5. My employer pays me full salary, less the $32 I got from 2 days of jury duty.

6. I got to BBM all day and catch up on some magazines I had stacking up.

So could I have found better ways to waste my time? Sure. But for me, it could have been worse. I never did make it out of the waiting room.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 04:50 AM
    Yep, bored stiff in the jury pool room. We're all still in here. Usually I never have to go at all.

Well at least I'm reading my Scud The Disposable Assasin trade paperback called "the whole shebang" complete series.

If I fall asleep will it be considered "contempt of court" lmao

12-03-08 08:42 AM
    I sat on a two day criminal trial once where the charge was "aiding and abetting extortion". The reality: a lady and her bf were charged for taking $6 from a teenage under threat that they would beat him up.

Probably cost the state thousands to prosecute...an absolute waste of time, except for the two days off work!

Good luck!

-neil

12-03-08 10:58 AM
    Luckily I got off from it. They picked 14 people, then they decided to ditch a 4 of the 14 they picked. And picked 4 others... Luckily they only went up juror #41. I was #44... LOL A big sigh of relief came over me.
    12-03-08 12:12 PM
    Ahh gotta love jury duty.. where in MA did you have to go?

I went to Worcester last year and got sent home by 11:30am.. it was amazingg!! It's not as bad as everyone thinks, just bring a book and your blackberry and your fine!
    Last edited by MLacey; 12-03-08 at 12:26 PM.
    12-03-08 12:21 PM
    I went to Fall River Superior... If it wasn't cold out I'd of probably gone over to check out the battleships, etc. But I'll save that for another day.

I brought my bb obviously since it's my only phone. And I brought my TPB of Scud The Disposable Assassin.
    12-03-08 12:33 PM
    If someone's a juror; and comes across a lawyer working on the case the juror is part of...all the juror has to do is find the lawyer out of the bunch that's down on his luck in the wins column...and that lawyer will pretty much do close to anything for the juror. Anything.

Fall River huh? I was there once...I think. Is that where they have a historic house turned into a tourist attraction; all because of what the daughter did to her family in that very house?
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 12-03-08 at 01:32 PM.
    12-03-08 01:29 PM
    Yep, Lizzie Borden... Still have yet to visit that place. I still want to visit the battleship cove there too.

If someone's a juror; and comes across a lawyer working on the case the juror is part of...all the juror has to do is find the lawyer out of the bunch that's down on his luck in the wins column...and that lawyer will pretty much do close to anything for the juror. Anything.

Fall River huh? I was there once...I think. Is that where they have a historic house turned into a tourist attraction; all because of what the daughter did to her family in that very house?
    12-03-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD