Before and after photos of the same street...

05-25-11 07:00 AM
    Unbelievable... where do you even begin?
    05-25-11 07:11 AM
    I am about 100 miles outside of Joplin driving through Tornado Alley. Nuttin but warnings coming across BB. From what I gather this is normal for the folks out this way.
    05-25-11 08:08 AM
    So sad and terrible. Wouldn't know where to even start.
    05-25-11 08:17 AM
    I read this morning where they upgraded it to an F5 twister. It said there was actually two tornadoes rotating together around an axis to make one massive twister.

All these outbreaks make me a little edgy...I live in an apartment and statistically speaking our area is long overdue for a tornado. Oh well, not much I can do but have our 72-hr supply kit ready and sleep with the noaa weather radio on standby.

Definitely praying for these folks in joplin and going to look into what I can do beyond just praying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 08:38 AM
    Holy. Freaking. Crap.
    My heart reaches out to those people.
    If I hadn't already heard about this I would've said that was fake.
    05-26-11 12:02 AM
    Stunning contrast
    05-26-11 07:01 AM
    I believe the reports are that almost the entire city of 50,000 was destroyed.
    05-26-11 07:16 AM
    Here's a link to a before/after picture. You can slide a bar across to see the differences. You can also zoom out to larger areas of the city.

Aerial Photographs of Joplin Before and After the Tornado - Interactive Map - NYTimes.com
    05-26-11 07:23 AM
    It is pretty freaky. I-44 runs along the south side of Joplin. I've worked out of the area for a large part of my adult life, and from the state line to the 9 mile marker, you'd never know anything had happened. But from there to the 15, the highway is littered with debris. Road signs are tangled heaps of twisted metal, and trees are down and shredded there. I could not exit to go north on Rangeline, (ex8) because just over a short rise, the entire area looks like an army ran tank maneuvers thru the shopping and restaurant district. It's just a pile of rubble and bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 12:48 PM
    bad...........
    05-26-11 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD