It was sold on ebay for 1,175 USD by bidding, more than double it's cost!! That's a lot for a phone :O . Does it have more demand than a porsche designed BlackBerry?

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    12-15-13 10:49 PM
    It was sold on ebay for 1,175 USD by bidding, more than double it's cost!! That's a lot for a phone :O . Does it have more demand than a porsche designed BlackBerry?

when every model of BB10 came out(except the Q5) it was the same thing. It'll die off don't you worry :P
    12-15-13 10:51 PM
    when every model of BB10 came out(except the Q5) it was the same thing. It'll die off don't you worry :P
    I mean people where bidding like crazy for a phone that's not very popular at all! It's unbelievable.

12-15-13 10:52 PM
    I mean people where bidding like crazy for a phone that's not very popular at all! It's unbelievable.

It's completely new.
    The UI looks more finished then BB10 sadly
    Meego people will be all over it. It's like a better version of Windows. Fully active tiles/gestures
    No carrier support which makes it only available online.
    High demand, little made

There's a bunch of reason for ye :P
    12-15-13 10:59 PM
    Yep, people are crazy.
    1 GB is not enough to run Android. People should know that by now!

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-15-13 11:00 PM
    All I know is that when CNET Reviewed this phone/OS they made sure to take a jab at BB10

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:06 PM

It's pretty believable.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:07 PM
    It's completely new.
    The UI looks more finished then BB10 sadly
    Meego people will be all over it. It's like a better version of Windows. Fully active tiles/gestures
    No carrier support which makes it only available online.
    High demand, little made

There's a bunch of reason for ye :P
    Nop people who bought it didn't like it! They say the OS is incomplete and there are tons of bugs and it's not very user friendly evan after using it for more than a week!
    I was planning to get it as my secondary phone but since I read these reviews, I dropped that plan but I must admit that it's one sexy looking device!

12-16-13 01:17 AM
    All I know is that when CNET Reviewed this phone/OS they made sure to take a jab at BB10

Posted via CB10
    Yup, and evan in the reviews they said it failed to run android apps smoothly!

12-16-13 01:18 AM
    Actually it runs android apps pretty well. After two OS updates, one of which was a hotfix a lot of the bugs have gone. You do get the odd crash and they run in a different way than on BB10 but for me it was just a matter of adapting to it. They would benefit from integrating with the OS more but that should come over time.

I got my Jolla last Tuesday and I am loving it.

It is stable, no rebooting issues but it is not feature rich yet. I'm using it as my daily phone but for power users it may not be quite there yet.

The pulley menu is awesome, ambience is gorgeous and I really, really like the minimised frames view. The screen res isn't top notch but the phone is bright and vibrant.

I haven't had my o2 sim in my Z10 since I got the Jolla and that's saying something as I've been with Blackberry since 2008 and this is the first time it has not had a sim card in it.

BB10 is more feature rich right now than sailfish but I'm very happy with my Jolla. It's addictive.

Z10 is being used on wifi only now hence why I'm posting this via CB10. I'd love for the CB10 app to be ported to Jolla

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:59 AM
    Actually it runs android apps pretty well. After two OS updates, one of which was a hotfix a lot of the bugs have gone. You do get the odd crash and they run in a different way than on BB10 but for me it was just a matter of adapting to it. They would benefit from integrating with the OS more but that should come over time.

It is stable, no rebooting issues but it is not feature rich yet. I'm using it as my daily phone but for power users it may not be quite there yet.

The pulley menu is awesome, ambience is gorgeous and I really, really like the minimised frames view. The screen res isn't top notch but the phone is bright and vibrant.

I haven't had my o2 sim in my Z10 since I got the Jolla and that's saying something as I've been with Blackberry since 2008 and this is the first time it has not had a sim card in it.

BB10 is more feature rich right now than sailfish but I'm very happy with my Jolla. It's addictive.

Z10 is being used on wifi only now hence why I'm posting this via CB10. I'd love for the CB10 app to be ported to Jolla

Posted via CB10
    Looking forward to getting my Jolla, glad I've a spare SIM or my Q10 may get neglected.
    12-23-13 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is Jolla more gesture based than BB10 or are they about equal?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    More gesture based!

12-23-13 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    More gesture based. Pulley menu, swipe to completely close apps. They're very similar though.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:47 AM
    Jolla Sailfish OS mobile Phone sold for 1,175$ !!!-20131221135443.png

Pretty

Let me explain how android apps run on Jolla, just so you know. It seems weird at first but is easy to get used to as it works just like on android.

Apps open in ONE frame (cover) one on top of the other and there's a task switcher to switch between them or to close any you don't want open. But, if you swipe down to completely close one app you close them all. You also briefly see a flash of the app underneath when opening.

You can if course also use Go launcher ex and use that as an app grid for switching, it works well

I have done side by side tests opening the same android apps on z10 and Jolla. Jolla opens them faster.

The apps run well on both devices

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:07 PM
    I would like to buy one but it is not available on eBay right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:10 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131221135443.png 
Views:	324 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	232738

Pretty

Let me explain how android apps run on Jolla, just so you know. It seems weird at first but is easy to get used to as it works just like on android.

Apps open in ONE frame (cover) one on top of the other and there's a task switcher to switch between them or to close any you don't want open. But, if you swipe down to completely close one app you close them all. You also briefly see a flash of the app underneath when opening.

You can if course also use Go launcher ex and use that as an app grid for switching, it works well

I have done side by side tests opening the same android apps on z10 and Jolla. Jolla opens them faster.

The apps run well on both devices

Posted via CB10
    Jolla is binary compatible with Android, they're both based on Linux.

Do all apps open in one frame or just Android ones. Will you post a vid?
    12-23-13 12:12 PM
    Jolla is binary compatible with Android, they're both based on Linux.

Do all apps open in one frame or just Android ones. Will you post a vid?
    Just android ones.

There should be plenty of videos on YouTube, user videos. I've never posted a video anywhere and am unlikely to start now. Lol. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    12-23-13 12:19 PM
    I really gotta save up to get me one to play with

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:28 PM
    I really gotta save up to get me one to play with

Posted via CB10
    The phone itself is very nice too. Comfortable in the hand and just a smidgen bigger than the Z10.

I find it very pleasant to use right now and it can only get better with updates.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:37 PM
    Just android ones.

There should be plenty of videos on YouTube, user videos. I've never posted a video anywhere and am unlikely to start now. Lol. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I'll search youtube.
    12-23-13 12:46 PM
    Can't wait to try one.
    12-23-13 12:46 PM
    It's funny how quickly you can adapt to something.

Here I am, using my Z10 and wondering why double tapping the screen won't wake it up in from sleep or why apps won't close when I swipe down from top. Hehe

Power button on Jolla is very seldom used, you can go to your home screen at any time. It's rarely seen on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:52 PM
    It's funny how quickly you can adapt to something.

Here I am, using my Z10 and wondering why double tapping the screen won't wake it up in from sleep or why apps won't close when I swipe down from top. Hehe

Power button on Jolla is very seldom used, you can go to your home screen at any time. It's rarely seen on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome.

Hope mine arrives soon.
    12-23-13 01:01 PM
    how are camera pictures compared from z10 vs the jolla?

low light comparison?
    12-23-13 01:03 PM
27 12