Register your support for Tebow who has shown the world that pro sports and a faith in the Almighty indeed go hand in hand.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    01-13-12 05:44 AM
    This is a load of malarchy if you ask me. God does not win football games and Tebow doesn't either. He's just has a good offense/defense some times and it is sheer luck. They WILL lose this weekend.
    01-13-12 06:35 AM
    This is a load of malarchy if you ask me. God does not win football games and Tebow doesn't either. He's just has a good offense/defense some times and it is sheer luck. They WILL lose this weekend.
    Thanks for your support.
    01-13-12 06:53 AM
    Not sure almighty has anything to with Tebow winning but Tebow is such a goof and seems like a little kid. Ever hear an interview with him? Would think an 8 year old was talking.

Wonder why other athletes that speak of their faith don't win? They aren't as faithful as Tebow? It's all luck and having good players around you.
    01-13-12 07:26 AM
    Well, there are choices we all make insofar as sports celebrities are concerned. Some prefer the raucous, foul mouthed, drug and alcohol fueled images that many sports figures portray....the domestic violence, the marital infidelities, the DUI's, the gun related violence that many have been arrested for. Then there are some, who prefer a more humble and grateful athlete, who because of his faith and gratitude to the God of his choosing, is mocked and riduculed by a secular segment who by their mockery, have admitted to prefering the opposite of what Tebow stands for.

This is not about faith and how it makes you a winner, it's about the image of one athlete vs the negative images that many others project.

Tebow is not the first to not hide from his faith, but seems to attract a hateful crowd of secularists; Tom Landry was a devout Christian who did not suffer the unnecessary ridicule that some athletes of faith do today.
    01-13-12 08:11 AM
    Well, there are choices we all make insofar as sports celebrities are concerned. Some prefer the raucous, foul mouthed, drug and alcohol fueled images that many sports figures portray....the domestic violence, the marital infidelities, the DUI's, the gun related violence that many have been arrested for. Then there are some, who prefer a more humble and grateful athlete, who because of his faith and gratitude to the God of his choosing, is mocked and riduculed by a secular segment who by their mockery, have admitted to prefering the opposite of what Tebow stands for.

This is not about faith and how it makes you a winner, it's about the image of one athlete vs the negative images that many others project.

Tebow is not the first to not hide from his faith, but seems to attract a hateful crowd of secularists; Tom Landry was a devout Christian who did not suffer the unnecessary ridicule that some athletes of faith do today.
    Good points and I feel the same about the others. Still doesn't change that Tebow seems to be a child. Did his parents not allow him to grow up? I just can't behind a goofy sucker just because he has faith. Even though he is a much better role model than so many that are. Actually no athlete should be a role model but many seem to be put there.
    01-13-12 08:49 AM
    Most of us would act like goofy kids in a free candy store if we were blessed with his talents, his good fortune, and his clean image. For my money, I'd rather be a goofy sucker, clean and sober, with a decent bank account, and a belief in something greater then just myself as opposed to all these physical and mental train wrecks who disappear into obscurity once the bad boy party image is gone; all attributable to a wasted life of drugs, alcohol, divorces, lawsuits, steroids, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

I'd rather have a son like Tebow then one like OJ Simpson, et al.
    01-13-12 09:24 AM
    LOL true but these are people that play a game for a living and a damn good one at that. Tebow will be fine, I just don't support him. Not because he is religious but because he isn't a very good quarterback in my opinion. Just as I don't support pacman jones. Not because he is good at his position but because he is a bad person.

Also not a Broncos fan either lol.
    01-13-12 09:33 AM
    I agree it's nice to see another positive roll-model, with so many negative ones involved in sports. I also agree G_d isn't going to influence a game. That's just silly, and I doubt Tebow thinks that either. Mostly though, I wanted to share this :

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHB0o9lCizQ[/YT]

01-13-12 03:39 PM
    Even if I thought there was a god, I don't think he/she/it would even care about a football game. I don't really like Tebow, but I do agree he is better than a rap1st like Big Ben.
    01-13-12 08:16 PM
    I am only going to address your initial post. By your logic God (the fairy tale) rewards the
    believers (Tebow and by extension the Broncos) and punishes the non-believers (
    Pittsburgh.)

If this is what your god (note lower case and totally disrespectful spelling of name) is all
    about then I submit it/he/ she/ whatever is a world-class assw*#pe.)

In all seriousness, with all going on in the world do you REALLY think God gives a
    rat's about something as insignificant as a friggin football game and someone as
    wholly unworthy of special consideration as Tebow.

Man, you born again evangelicals do provide my daily laugh.
    01-13-12 11:20 PM
    I am only going to address your initial post. By your logic God (the fairy tale) rewards the
    believers (Tebow and by extension the Broncos) and punishes the non-believers (
    Pittsburgh.)

If this is what your god (note lower case and totally disrespectful spelling of name) is all
    about then I submit it/he/ she/ whatever is a world-class assw*#pe.)

In all seriousness, with all going on in the world do you REALLY think God gives a
    rat's about something as insignificant as a friggin football game and someone as
    wholly unworthy of special consideration as Tebow.

Man, you born again evangelicals do provide my daily laugh.

LMAO, you gleaned all that just from my first post??? It is simply amazing what an unchecked mind, bereft of boundaries, and fertlile in imagination, can do to make an otherwise sane man post such poppycock. You are one hysterical dude........
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 01-14-12 at 05:32 AM.
    01-14-12 02:13 AM
    Point
    Tebow is a much better role model (still don't think athletes should be but since they are) than a lot of other sports figures that are nothing but trash who happen to be great/above average players.

I still think he sounds like an 8 year old though lol.
    01-14-12 06:27 AM
    Don't give a crap about Tebow (especially since he's out of the SEC and in the NFL now), but I do appreciate people who are willing to acknowledge their beliefs.
    01-14-12 02:32 PM
    Most of us would act like goofy kids in a free candy store if we were blessed with his talents, his good fortune, and his clean image. For my money, I'd rather be a goofy sucker, clean and sober, with a decent bank account, and a belief in something greater then just myself as opposed to all these physical and mental train wrecks who disappear into obscurity once the bad boy party image is gone; all attributable to a wasted life of drugs, alcohol, divorces, lawsuits, steroids, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

I understand what you are saying, but I think you are a bit off base.

First, your statement above makes it sound like Tebow is playing in a league full of nut jobs. I acknowledge that there are some people in the NFL with their heads not on straight, but they are still the exception, not the norm. And your last statement is a bit extreme. It would be like saying "I'd rather have a son like Tebow than Osama bin Laden." Way to take it to the extreme.

The ones I've seen are mocking his faith because of the fact that he's so over the top. When a show mocks a gay man, they mock the super-flamboyant ones, because it's funnier than mocking a "normal-looking" gay man. Current Eltron John isn't nearly as fun of a target as 70's Eltron was. They are mocking Tebow's faith because of how "faithful" he is. It's no fun to mock the ones that take a quick knee after a TD and say a very quick prayer. At the same time, he's an athlete in the public eye, so the public has the right to do with him as they wish (within reason, of course). Being that his faith is so strong, I'm sure that what he's seeing won't bother him.

This one made me laugh very hard, and it's not malicious in any way...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7A-z_Olo94[/YT]
    01-16-12 09:17 AM
    LMAO thanks for posting that!
    01-16-12 09:22 AM
    My pleasure!
    01-16-12 09:25 AM
    In a nut shell (no pun intended) ...its called "media hype", just like a certain smartphone gets all the time (iphone). Timmy is just an average NFL quarterback that the media hyped up.
    01-16-12 09:29 AM

It's not all black or white, one or the other. There are a lot of normal people in the NFL and the real world, which I would rather be. The two types you have described are not.

I too would rather have a son like Tebow as opposed to Simpson. However, I wouldn't want a son like either one.
    01-16-12 09:50 AM
    Lampoon away, but if I may wax philosophic.....You Can Now Eat Tebowing Pretzels (Picture) | Larry Brown Sports
    01-17-12 07:38 PM

! It's like Jesus toast.
    01-17-12 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD