Just got word that jim will be able to bid for the coyotes in september yeee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:19 PM
    I havent heard that, but good for him. I thought the initial reasoning for him to not be able to bid was a crock of shiz.
    08-06-09 12:25 PM
    His original bid involved moving the team to Hamilton. That was rejected. The NHL doesn't let team's relocate just because a new owner comes on board. He can buy the team, but it's up to the league to decide if a move is allowed.
    08-06-09 12:42 PM
    True, the league didn't even want jim bidding but the courts ruled he will be able to bid, check your sports channel for updates

08-06-09 12:46 PM
    Would have loved to be a fly on Gary Bettman's wall when he heard the news that Balsiilie's bid would be allowed. I'm sure I would have witnessed a hissy fit of epic proportions!

08-06-09 12:46 PM
    Can you get us a news link? I just know about the first bid being rejected. Also this is what we call news and rumors. I'm moving the thread. (Could possibly be called OT too, but hey the guy IS the CEO of RIM)

EDIT: Scratch that looks like another mod was moving it as I typed. Guess we'll go with OT!
    08-06-09 12:57 PM
    Judge: Balsillie will be permitted to bid at Coyotes auction

The NHL is dead-set against Balsillie, or anyone moving the team. He has an uphill battle.
    08-06-09 01:53 PM
    I would post a link but I'm at work so I can't, but I'm sure it will be in the phoenix news, TSN and probably cp24. com

08-06-09 02:50 PM
    Judge: Balsillie will be permitted to bid at Coyotes auction

The NHL is dead-set against Balsillie, or anyone moving the team. He has an uphill battle.
    Yeah gary is being a ******, but I'm sure if jim wins the bid, I'm sure he can move the team eventually
    Last edited by rosalesj; 08-06-09 at 02:59 PM.
    08-06-09 02:54 PM
    His bid is contingent on moving the team though. The NHL won't allow him to move the team, thus the court won't accept his bid. Too many strings attached.
    08-06-09 03:15 PM
    Hockey doesn't really have a big following here in phoenix, half the time we forgot that we have a NHL team. I think we have 5 fans. The NHL would be making a bad move by allowing to keep the coyotes here in the DESERT

08-07-09 09:14 AM
    You guys don't know what you're missing. Combine the hand-eye co-ordination of baseball with the athleticism of basketball and the aggression and carnage of football. Put on some rollerblades, grab a stick and see what it's like to try to put a one-timer in the top corner.
    08-07-09 03:28 PM
    Hockey and arizona dont mix, bring the team back to Winnipeg or move it to Hamilton, its the best bet.
    08-09-09 01:17 AM
    I used to work at Home Depot, and the owner left to purchase the Atlanta Falcons. I think it was working out until Michael Vick did his stuff. But anyway, Jim Balsillie should get a try too. The courts are so full of BS.

And @ you Canadian moochers. lol. Why can't you have Hockey in the South. Check out the Stingrays-----wait for it-----wait----- here is the link -->> stingrayshockey.com: Entry
    08-09-09 10:22 AM
    I think a team in hamilton or winnipeg would def bring in the dough, they have no other sport team, except the hamilton ti cats and winnipeg blue bombers
    08-09-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD