I'm trying to find a good reliable jet ski, the type of jet skis I like are the ones where you ride standing on them. I'm new to these jet skis so I need your help. What kind of jet skis are reliable and fast?(Brands) And give me some quick facts about jet skiing if you don't mind. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 05:30 PM
    I will ask a friend who races them and post that later, but if you are fairly new to the sport I think you'll have far more fun on one of the speedy newer ones you sit on. The few times I rode the stand up models, I really didn't have a lot of fun due to lots of crashes. Don't get me wrong, by the end of the day I was making some nice turns, but I really had a blast on a Yamaha sit down model.

09-09-08 06:50 PM
    Will you be able to do tricks on a sit on model? Lol racing sounds fun but I'm more for jumps on waves. Will a stand up model still satisfy me?

09-10-08 12:43 PM
    Jetski.com can help you out. They have a forum section.
    Here's the rundown: If you are looking to ride in the ocean I suggest a sit-down. I ride a Kawi STX12-F. Stable, reliable and handles the waves nicely. Plus you can tow a tube, wakeboard, etc and bring a passenger or two.

If you are going to ride in a lake, I suggest a stand-up model. I just sold my Kawi SXR800. Great machine. Easier to handle than a Yamaha, yet advanced enough for experts. IMO, stand-ups are much more fun in the lakes, once you get the hang of them, but are a LOT of work in the ocean. You have to be in damn good shape to ride for a while out there.
    09-10-08 01:06 PM
    Thanks a lot I appreciate it! btw I live by a big lake here in Rio Vista. lol one quick question, are there any speed limits for jet skis? sorry I'm such a noob. lol my uncle got me into this new sport.
    Last edited by Blackburry5; 09-10-08 at 01:54 PM.
    09-10-08 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD