I was so sure I was going to hold out for the 9650 after dealing with my Rumor 2 for the past 10 months but something about Android was just calling me so I decided to try out the Hero. It arrived this morning and will be going back on Monday. The biggest problem I am having is the touch screen interface. I can not type on that thing to save my life plus I'm having to turn off auto-correct because it is changing my words. I hate hate hate the email but I knew nothing would compare to BB on email. I've dropped 3 calls today and that never happened with my Rumor or my old 8330. I've had to charge the battery 3 times today which is just nuts. Another annoyance is the Facebook app. Unless I've just missed a setting somewhere, there are no notifications for Facebook comments, etc.

Oh well. Lesson learned. I can now say I tried it and will feel very comfortable going back to Blackberry. I've already purchased a Curve 8530 on Ebay to get me by until I can use my own Premier upgrade on July 1 instead of eating up my husband's upgrade. I figure by then the Bold may come down in price a bit and *maybe* even have 6.0 ready to go. There I feel better getting that off my chest.
    05-07-10 11:34 PM
    Welcome back to the fold. As many times as I try other devices in the stores I continue not to be tempted. The 9000 holds my attention like no other phone ever has to date. By July 1 you may have some fine new choices to make. Enjoy.
    05-08-10 05:53 AM
    I feel the same about Andriod.

Had a Cliq a few weeks and turned it in as the keyboard felt cheap and touchscreen lagged and wasn't very smooth. The apps were cool, browser was a hair faster, but so much more on my 9700 from the keyboard layout, screen resolution, battery life to email and BBM, lol! BB is were it is at for me.

Also had my fair share of time with other Andriods and not one has impressed me from the Driod, mytouch3G, N1 and the Cliq I had.

I will say there seems to be another Andriod device out every couple weeks also.

They're just not for me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 10:24 AM
    If you feel the need for touch you can always go Storm or hold out for the slider and get the best of both world. (and rumor has it the slider MAY even release with 6.0)
    05-08-10 10:30 AM
    Katrina

I think it best to have tried than to always wonder.. Welcome back
    05-11-10 07:10 AM
    I've been playing with it the past few days while waiting for my Curve and it does have some redeeming features but it still just isn't a Blackberry. I almost feel dirty for cheating.
    05-11-10 08:24 AM
    I've been playing with it the past few days while waiting for my Curve and it does have some redeeming features but it still just isn't a Blackberry. I almost feel dirty for cheating.

Katina Shhhhhhhhh I won't tell anyone ... and I'll send soap
    05-11-10 01:21 PM
    I am the same with the samsung galaxy portal not just ordered the blackberry curve 8520 voilet on pay as you go so I can use the same number
    05-15-10 12:13 PM
    I tried a Windows Mobile phone. The Facebook and MySpace apps suck because they don't auto update or notify you of updates. There's no real ability select text and copy paste and it couldn't even turn itself on for its alarm.
    05-16-10 08:54 PM
    I went Droid, I gave my 8530 to my mother for Mothers Day and all my old BBs are sold or smashed.
    I want my BB back.
    05-16-10 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD