I can remember years ago, someone would come on-line looking for help regarding an issue with their cell phone. They were so grateful that there was Mobile Nations and couldn't believe how friendly and helpful and easy the experience was. It was so unexpected!
    Since then things here haven't changed that much. The friendly and helpful atmosphere has always been the first priority. If anything has changed it's the number of people who can take advantage of everything Mobile Nations offers. But, that which was so "unexpected" has, with each new generation, become more and "expected."
    My generation was the Baby Boomer era. Born between 1946 and 1964. AM transistor radio, !3 channel black and white TV. (w/ rabbit ears)
    but change was in the air.... the save-the-world revolutionaries of the ’60s and ’70s;and the party-hardy career climbers (Yuppies) of the ’70s/’80s.
    The “me” generation. The Rock and roll” music generation.
    Then came Generation X. Born between 1965 and 1980. The “latch-key kids” grew up street-smart but isolated.Wanted to save the neighborhood, not the world. Felt misunderstood by other generations. Desired a chance to learn, explore and make a contribution. Cautious, skeptical, unimpressed with authority, self-reliant.
    Next came Generation Y/Millennium. Born between 1981 and 2000. Respect authority. They feel like a generation and have great expectations for themselves.
    Prefer digital literacy as they grew up in a digital environment. Have never known a world without computers! They get all their information and most of their socialization from the Internet.With unlimited access to information tend to be assertive with strong views.
    Generation Z/Boomlets.Born after 2001
    Toddler/Elementary school age.
    61 percent of children 8-17 have televisions in their rooms.
    35 percent have video games.
    14 percent have a DVD player.
    4 million will have their own cell phones. They have never known a world without computers and cell phones. They know what they want and how to get it and they are over saturated with brands.

Since 2001 with each new year and mobile technology becoming more sophisticated while making it easier and easier for consumers to use, it hasn't done much in the way of educating consumers, unless you consider social networks and how to check your email a major accomplishment. In the eleven or so years I've been hanging around, we're come from the "unexpected" to Today's Generation Z's "it should just work,"attitude.
    When I started on Crackberry it attracted a more business minded demographic. Today you won't find any minds in that category around here. Instead it's all about games and texting and the social scene.
    It finally struck me that if I was going to continue to be of any help ,I was going to have to learn how to relate to these new generations and let go of what I believed in for so many years.
    Here's a portrait that may help as a starting point into the present Gen Zer's.
    Considers Katniss Everdeen (from The Hunger Games) a role model
    Ranks Lorde as a favorite artist
    Loves Snapchat and can't live without YouTube
    Knows someone who uses gender-neutral pronouns
    Checks social media 100 times per day
    Uses Facebook as an "Information Hub" rather than an "Engagement Platform,"

All the information I need, I get from "Real Time" with Bill Maher (HBO)
    Well let's see.... never seen The Hunger Games, not sure what Snapchat is and have never joined a social network.
    Guess I have my work cut out for me....
    09-08-17 05:22 PM
    I can remember years ago, someone would come on-line looking for help regarding an issue with their cell phone. They were so grateful that there was Mobile Nations and couldn't believe how friendly and helpful and easy the experience was. It was so unexpected!
    Since then things here haven't changed that much. The friendly and helpful atmosphere has always been the first priority. If anything has changed it's the number of people who can take advantage of everything Mobile Nations offers. But, that which was so "unexpected" has, with each new generation, become more and "expected."
    My generation was the Baby Boomer era. Born between 1946 and 1964. AM transistor radio, !3 channel black and white TV. (w/ rabbit ears)
    but change was in the air.... the save-the-world revolutionaries of the ’60s and ’70s;and the party-hardy career climbers (Yuppies) of the ’70s/’80s.
    The “me” generation. The Rock and roll” music generation.
    Then came Generation X. Born between 1965 and 1980. The “latch-key kids” grew up street-smart but isolated.Wanted to save the neighborhood, not the world. Felt misunderstood by other generations. Desired a chance to learn, explore and make a contribution. Cautious, skeptical, unimpressed with authority, self-reliant.
    Next came Generation Y/Millennium. Born between 1981 and 2000. Respect authority. They feel like a generation and have great expectations for themselves.
    Prefer digital literacy as they grew up in a digital environment. Have never known a world without computers! They get all their information and most of their socialization from the Internet.With unlimited access to information tend to be assertive with strong views.
    Generation Z/Boomlets.Born after 2001
    Toddler/Elementary school age.
    61 percent of children 8-17 have televisions in their rooms.
    35 percent have video games.
    14 percent have a DVD player.
    4 million will have their own cell phones. They have never known a world without computers and cell phones. They know what they want and how to get it and they are over saturated with brands.

Since 2001 with each new year and mobile technology becoming more sophisticated while making it easier and easier for consumers to use, it hasn't done much in the way of educating consumers, unless you consider social networks and how to check your email a major accomplishment. In the eleven or so years I've been hanging around, we're come from the "unexpected" to Today's Generation Z's "it should just work,"attitude.
    When I started on Crackberry it attracted a more business minded demographic. Today you won't find any minds in that category around here. Instead it's all about games and texting and the social scene.
    It finally struck me that if I was going to continue to be of any help ,I was going to have to learn how to relate to these new generations and let go of what I believed in for so many years.
    Here's a portrait that may help as a starting point into the present Gen Zer's.
    Considers Katniss Everdeen (from The Hunger Games) a role model
    Ranks Lorde as a favorite artist
    Loves Snapchat and can't live without YouTube
    Knows someone who uses gender-neutral pronouns
    Checks social media 100 times per day
    Uses Facebook as an "Information Hub" rather than an "Engagement Platform,"

All the information I need, I get from "Real Time" with Bill Maher (HBO)
    Well let's see.... never seen The Hunger Games, not sure what Snapchat is and have never joined a social network.
    Guess I have my work cut out for me....
    Alright, who the heck are you????? What have you done with that disjointed, hazy, mind blown, addled Lostboy5151????? If you have kidnapped him and expect a ransom, you are SOL!!!!!!!!! No one wants him back!
    middbrew likes this.
    09-08-17 05:38 PM