Folks,

I wasn't sure if I was going to make this post or not, but then I figured this is a proud moment for me and something I want to share with the community that I love so much so I'm going to do it. It was 5 years ago today that it was announced that I was appointed a CrackBerry Moderator. Also in my class was John Yester (Yester18 in the post I will show you), now Mod Team Leader over at our sister site iMore, and Branta, one of our Network Moderators. There were a few others but they have all retired or left Mobile Nations. Ok here is the post.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...rators-214623/

Wow 5 years, has it been that long? Somehow I have managed to get myself in to a supervisory position, BUT it's made easy by having a great staff and a great boss! Everyone in the community has meant so much to me over the years. Even when I have to issue someone an infraction, but I handle it with care, as I do, and they respond well and learn, and often I make a new friend. This community is THE best in the mobile business and I extend that to all of Mobile Nations since I also volunteer at our newest site, the currently named Smartwatchfans, and I also contribute as a member at all of our sites. I always get a special kick as I am able to help someone. When I stepped down as the Ambassador Team Leader, I made it a point to stay on the Ambassador team because I just love doing the work so much.

Full disclosure, I have to have surgery on Monday. Serious but routine enough that I am not too worried (Ok I'm lying I am a LITTLE nervous). My point is that I will probably not be around for a couple of weeks as I recover from my procedure, other than to check in now and again. But please don't worry I will be back, and this is in no way life threatening.

Ok I just want to close with a little story about how I knew I had gotten the Mod job here. Ok so I was in the application process, having been asked to apply by 2 then current Mods (Garz & Pete6), after Adam Zeis had posted the request looking for Mods. I also had a pretty good resume, having worked online before at other websites and online services. I was an AOL Guide in another life. I'm sure that all helped. Anyways, I get a PM from our site founder CrackBerry Kevin Michaluk forwarding a PM from another member looking for "that pkcable guy that helps people" Kevin just said "I think this one is for you" It was at that point I KNEW I had it!

04-25-14 08:14 AM
    Congrats Mr.Rich

hope all well on Monday *praying

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 08:18 AM
    Congratulations, PK!! We appreciate the work you do around here.

Good luck on Monday, and here's to another five years!
    BergerKing and pkcable like this.
    04-25-14 08:29 AM
    One love my brother - good luck, and thanks for everything you do.

Stay safe and good luck with the surgery! Don't get too freaked out and remember them folks do that day to day.

Posted via CB from my LE
    pkcable and BergerKing like this.
    04-25-14 08:34 AM
    Folks,

I wasn't sure if I was going to make this post or not, but then I figured this is a proud moment for me and something I want to share with the community that I love so much so I'm going to do it. It was 5 years ago today that it was announced that I was appointed a CrackBerry Moderator. Also in my class was John Yester (Yester18 in the post I will show you), now Mod Team Leader over at our sister site iMore, and Branta, one of our Network Moderators. There were a few others but they have all retired or left Mobile Nations. Ok here is the post.....

Wow 5 years, has it been that long? Somehow I have managed to get myself in to a supervisory position, BUT it's made easy by having a great staff and a great boss! Everyone in the community has meant so much to me over the years. Even when I have to issue someone an infraction, but I handle it with care, as I do, and they respond well and learn, and often I make a new friend. This community is THE best in the mobile business and I extend that to all of Mobile Nations since I also volunteer at our newest site, the currently named Smartwatchfans, and I also contribute as a member at all of our sites. I always get a special kick as I am able to help someone. When I stepped down as the Ambassador Team Leader, I made it a point to stay on the Ambassador team because I just love doing the work so much.

Full disclosure, I have to have surgery on Monday. Serious but routine enough that I am not too worried (Ok I'm lying I am a LITTLE nervous). My point is that I will probably not be around for a couple of weeks as I recover from my procedure, other than to check in now and again. But please don't worry I will be back, and this is in no way life threatening.

Ok I just want to close with a little story about how I knew I had gotten the Mod job here. Ok so I was in the application process, having been asked to apply by 2 then current Mods (Garz & Pete6), after Adam Zeis had posted the request looking for Mods. I also had a pretty good resume, having worked online before at other websites and online services. I was an AOL Guide in another life. I'm sure that all helped. Anyways, I get a PM from our site founder CrackBerry Kevin Michaluk forwarding a PM from another member looking for "that pkcable guy that helps people" Kevin just said "I think this one is for you" It was at that point I KNEW I had it!

''

Wishing you only the best for Monday, thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep your Chin up and thanks for every thing over the last 5 years.
    04-25-14 08:40 AM
    Youve done a terrific job guys
    04-25-14 08:51 AM
    Happy 5th, Boss.
    04-25-14 12:13 PM
    Congratulations guys!

Good luck Monday, PK
    Just remember the whole CB family is waiting for your return again

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 12:21 PM
    Grats and a fast recovery!
    04-25-14 01:16 PM
    Hey, you are one of my favorite here! Wish you a speedy recovery! Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    BergerKing and pkcable like this.
    04-25-14 01:27 PM
    Good Luck!

Posted via CB10
    KermEd, BergerKing and pkcable like this.
    04-25-14 01:33 PM
    Congratulations to all of you! 😊

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    04-25-14 01:40 PM
    Grats and a fast recovery!

Ditto!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    pkcable likes this.
    04-25-14 01:41 PM
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you my brother. Good luck and Godspeed!
    04-26-14 04:14 AM
    Folks,

Ban for two weeks!! Get better!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:25 AM
    Congrats Boss!
    Get well soon! We miss you already!
    04-28-14 10:31 AM
    Congrats Boss!
    Get well soon! We miss you already!
    Indeed congrats! You do an unbelievable amount of great work here.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-28-14 11:22 AM
    Quite a tenure for the named crew, and here's to a job well done!
    04-28-14 09:59 PM
    Happy 5th Big GUY! Speedy recovery!
    We'll try to be good while your gone so you can have equal time with infractions!

JoJo
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 04-29-14 at 08:26 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-28-14 10:16 PM
    Congrats Rich! Good luck with the surgery

Amazingly Graceless was a mod??? Huh... Did not know that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-28-14 10:30 PM
    Congrats Rich! Good luck with the surgery

Amazingly Graceless was a mod??? Huh... Did not know that.
    Yup, retired after being the first to hit the 15k posts milestone a few years back.

PK - here's to a speedy recovery and congrats on 5 whole years of watching over us; sorry for any consternation we may have caused!

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-28-14 10:44 PM
    Yup, retired after being the first to hit the 15k posts milestone a few years back.

PK - here's to a speedy recovery and congrats on 5 whole years of watching over us; sorry for any consternation we may have caused!

Posted via CB10
    I remember seeing AG when I started CB'ing back in '08. Don't remember being a mod though, haha
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-29-14 12:31 AM
    Congrats to all of you on your 5 yrs of excellent service! It is very much appreciated.

And PK, if you don't get better soon...... I could always start SINGING!!!
    kbz1960 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-29-14 03:26 PM
    Pkcable, thank you so much for all that you do for the Mobile Nations community. I'm glad that you posted this. Also, best wishes for your surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Internet cyber hug! Or coffee, whichever you prefer. :P

Thank you again, and happy anniversary!

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-29-14 03:36 PM
    I remember seeing AG when I started CB'ing back in '08. Don't remember being a mod though, haha
    I remember him. He was one of the best mods, and one of the best people, when I joined CB in June 2009.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-30-14 01:24 AM
31 12