Well I saw Iron Man and I would say that it is an entertaining movie. For all Marvel Comics Fans it is upgraded from the original story line to 'Fit' modern times. For me I would not rush back to see it a second time but that is me. It is a Walk-To and not Run-To movie.

Robert Downey held his own in this but I kept thinking of a few other actors that would have fit this role a bit better. I did enjoy the Terrence Howard and Gwyneth Paltrow roles.

Yeah it does have weak moments but I would say go and see it...This is not a movie for small children as I did see some at the showing I was at...still trying to figure out how they got in.

Oh....Stay to the very end...past all the credits as there is a clip you do not want to miss.

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Ottojr; 05-03-08 at 10:59 AM.
    05-03-08 06:41 AM
    Being a confirmed and devoted comic geek, I have been awaiting this movie for awhile.
    It promises to be the best of the Marvel movies so far, from the previews I've seen.
    I won't be seeing it til Monday, though.
    05-03-08 11:02 AM
    I totally disagree, and believe this is a movie to run to!

It's brilliant, and keeps one entertained from start to finish. And, they have already set it up for the next one, Iron Man vs. Iron Man; only try comic fans will get this!)...
    05-03-08 11:25 AM
    OOOOOOOO, YES...i TOTALLY get that...AWESOME!!!
    05-03-08 11:28 AM

It's brilliant, and keeps one entertained from start to finish. And, they have already set it up for the next one, Iron Man vs. Iron Man; only try comic fans will get this!)...
    We all have our opinions..For me Run-to movies were the Star Wars Series, Lord of the Rings...SpiderMan..X-Men...Now they were Run-to as fast as you can Movies...but I should have clarified myself and said for me it was not a run-to movie.
    Last edited by Ottojr; 05-03-08 at 12:47 PM.
    05-03-08 12:31 PM

Ivan, if it made you change your avatar that's good enough for me
    05-03-08 02:36 PM
    *SPOiLERS*

*SERIOUS PEEPS*

*SPOILERIFFIC POST BELOW*

*OK, I WARNED YOU*

Run-to this movie by all means.

I think a leisurely walk-to movie will be Speed Racer.

Iron Man is good. If you know your comix, then yeah, you will be ready for Terrence as that WAR MACHINE.

And yeah...if you are into comix, you will be ready for the AVENGERS INITIATIVE (though THOR is going to be completely lame however you do it).

The fact that they drew Nick Fury like Sam Jackson and now he is on the bigscreen? Oh hellyeah. I hear he or Tony show up in the upcoming HULK flick...that will bring a lot of the Avengers to the table. We would still need Giant Man, Wasp, Captain America and some other bit part players. Dear God in Heaven I hope they don't try to do THOR. THOR SUXXORS. Thor has always been lame. He puts the AS is ASGARD.

Oh yeah. This movie delivers everything you want in a summer movie.

Otto: The last Xmen sucked. They butchered the Venom story in Spiderman and the jury is still out on the last of the Star Wars franchise! Please tell me what was wrong with IRON MAN. I should have run faster! Those other movies I ran-to, but limped away. I limped away pissedz0rz.
    05-03-08 09:02 PM
    SPOILER POST PART 2

Here it is. Watch it before Youtube pulls it down...

YouTube - Nick Fury - tripod, cropped - After Iron Man credits
    05-03-08 09:07 PM
    Iron Man was AMAZING! I suggest everybody go see it.
    Last edited by Carolina; 05-03-08 at 11:11 PM.
    05-03-08 09:12 PM
    I hate comic based movies. But i loved Iron Man, i would see it again in a minute!!!
    05-03-08 11:07 PM
    SPOILER POST PART 2

Here it is. Watch it before Youtube pulls it down...

YouTube - Nick Fury - tripod, cropped - After Iron Man credits
    I already knew about this but it's awesome to actually see it happen.
    Can't wait to actually go see Ironman on Monday...
    05-04-08 12:40 AM
    Yeah. I was on the info too. It was good to see it verified on the big screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-08 12:55 AM
    GRRRRRREAT Movie.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

yeah, yeah. The Avengers.
    05-04-08 01:11 AM
    No thor plzthx.
    Plus they are gonna have to work capain America over hard because that old school lame gets no modern play, yo

05-04-08 01:22 AM
    Dude captain america is wackk I love my xmen movies I love em alll.

On point
    Ironman straight up a great movie. Can't believe I walked out without watching the clip after the captions.

05-04-08 01:32 AM
    Being a confirmed and devoted comic geek, I have been awaiting this movie for awhile.
    It promises to be the best of the Marvel movies so far, from the previews I've seen.
    I won't be seeing it til Monday, though.
    First of all...Iron Man is a great movie :thumbup: x deux. The storyline is smart, the acting is great on all fronts...it's just a great movie overall. I definitely recommend it.

Andy, the best Marvel movie so far??? I don't know about all that. X-Men (especially the first two; particularly the first one); and Spiderman (especially the first two; particularly the second one)...were better.

Before the movie; they showed a trailer for Hulk with Norton as Hulk; are they kidding me? This Hulk movie is supposed to be a re-make of the first Hulk with Eric Bana (cuz the first one sucked)...yet this seems no better (CGI looks way fake)...although; the acting may be a tad better with Norton in it.

BTW...CAN'T WAIT till the DARK KNIGHT releases!!! :girlyscream:
    05-04-08 07:03 PM
    I'll take my 12 y/o son to see it this week

05-04-08 07:10 PM
    Awesome flick, loved the story line!

05-04-08 07:20 PM
    Before the movie; they showed a trailer for Hulk with Norton as Hulk; are they kidding me? This Hulk movie is supposed to be a re-make of the first Hulk with Eric Bana (cuz the first one sucked)...yet this seems no better (CGI looks way fake)...although; the acting may be a tad better with Norton in it.
    I don't think that this is a complete remake. It looks like it starts in the jungle where the last one left off.

It will be good. But I don't see why so many people hated on the first one. My only issue with it was that the Hulk got to be 20 feet tall at points. Other than that, the explanation of his deep-seated anger was well-done, I thought.
    05-04-08 09:41 PM
    Iron Man opened this weekend to 101 Million Dollars making it the 10th largest movie opening in history.

But I wonder about that actual figure, seeing as tickest cost somewhere between 9 and 12bucks.
    05-05-08 10:27 AM
    I heard this morning that between Europe and US it opened at 200 million this weekend. I am planning on gonig tonight to see it.
    05-05-08 12:12 PM
    First of all...Iron Man is a great movie :thumbup: x deux. The storyline is smart, the acting is great on all fronts...it's just a great movie overall. I definitely recommend it.

Andy, the best Marvel movie so far??? I don't know about all that. X-Men (especially the first two; particularly the first one); and Spiderman (especially the first two; particularly the second one)...were better.

BTW...CAN'T WAIT till the DARK KNIGHT releases!!! :girlyscream:
    It's my opinion only, of course...but:
    SpiderMan--Decent movie but I'll never get over how they turned him from a scientific genius who BUILT his own webshooters into a lovesick little wimp that "gained" webshooting abilities from the spiderbite.
    XMen-Sure, these were ok movies too, but I was upset with some of the casting choices and plus I just thought these movies seemed rushed...probably to make some money.

As for The Hulk...I never thought the one with Eric Bana was that bad...I especially enjoyed the cinematography...but the one with Norton is going to be darker, more intense...and DEFINITELY better acting.(Plus ole Sam Jackson is gonna show up in it as Nick Fury)

Iron Man has already proved itself as a more intelligent movie than ANY of these, combining the original Iron Man origins with those of Ultimate Iron Man, with a GREAT cast and a lack of that sappyness that Marvel seems so fond of...and I havent even gotten to see it yet...

Now, as for for The Dark Knight...not only is Batman the single BEST comic character ever thought of, and the casting choices near PERFECT, this movie is going to be spectacular on all counts. Bet on it!
    05-05-08 12:56 PM
    Hello everybody...Glad you all enjoyed this movie. No I may not share all the sentiments of everybody here but hey that's why we are all different.

FYI...Check out:

Click on Forums at top of page
    Scroll down to bottom left and you will see Top Movie Forums
    Go to Iron Man and you will find Tons of Iron Man Threads

Best,

Otto
    05-05-08 01:49 PM
    Part ones are always a little slow due to having to introduce the character, but overall it was very solid. I enjoyed it. I saw it on the early premier Thursday and can see myself watching it again!

i was confident in Robert Downey Jr over a year ago when i heard it would be him, and was not disappointed. He was a good fit for T Stark (seeing as t Stark was an alcholic i think if they wanted to go even darker they could have, Robert could have handled that.)

I like the lightness they added to it. Downey was funny with his dry humor. "please no gang signs. I'm just kidding, throw it up"

T Howard is a little too refined for War Machine..but i will accept it.

I loved this movie. I was excited. I have not been let down by a comic book movie yet, except Ghost Rider. Great effect. I love Nick Cage, but not as Jonnie Blaze. Sorry. he was nothing like the comic book character. But I digress.

See Iron Man. If you are too out of shape to run, then jog. lol
    05-05-08 04:17 PM
    I don't think that this is a complete remake. It looks like it starts in the jungle where the last one left off.

It will be good. But I don't see why so many people hated on the first one. My only issue with it was that the Hulk got to be 20 feet tall at points. Other than that, the explanation of his deep-seated anger was well-done, I thought.
    oh yeah. Didn't like the hulk either. I like Eric Bana. Edward Norton is kinda wussy. lol But the movie was just plain boring to me. I was bored to tears watching the Hulk. I hope this storyline keeps me interested. Norton looks a little like Bruce Banner from the tv show in scenes with facial hair.
    05-05-08 04:22 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD