Im looking into get an ipod touch so that i can use while running since it has a built in nike run thing and i can also use it do other things with it as well.

How many generations of ipod touches are there? Im wanting to get the newest one and dont want to purchase an older generation if i bought it off craigslist or something. Can anyone tell me how good/bad it is for those who has one?

thanks
    02-09-10 12:46 PM
    There have been three generations just like the iPhone. Usually after a new iPhone
    is dropped, the new iPod touch's follow about 2 months later or so. September.
    02-09-10 12:48 PM
    There have been three generations just like the iPhone. Usually after a new iPhone
    is dropped, the new iPod touch's follow about 2 months later or so. September.
    Gotcha Razor Ramone.
    do you know if its good/bad? should i wait for a 4th gen to come out (maybe with camera) or if prices will drop when ipad comes out?
    02-09-10 12:50 PM
    Well I own an iPhone 3Gs (3rd gen) that I enjoy using quite a bit. But if I were in
    your shoes I honestly would wait. I'm even considering selling my iPhone while I can
    get something for it before the 4th gen drops. That way I can get a 4th gen
    without worrying about trying to sell the 3Gs for less than I would have gotten.

I really would wait. But it's up to you.

And whatever you do, don't go to an Apple store to play around with one. You're
    going to be sold quickly.
    02-09-10 12:57 PM
    iPod touches.

iPod touch G1(Generation 1) 8gig 16 gig 32 gig

iPod touch G2 8, 16, 32 gig

iPod touch G2 MC(unjailbreakable late 2009 version but hardware is the same) 8gig

iPod touch G3 (updated hardware) 32, 64

There is no 8 gig 3rd generation.

Buy a case and screen cover.

Theses are ALL versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 02:51 PM
    I have a 2nd generation ipod touch and I love it....the 1st generation didnt have a external speaker or external volume control!
    04-28-10 06:54 PM
    I've got the 64gb ipod touch, and really enjoy it. I'd recommend it to anyone in the market for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD