Hi all,

My ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen was stolen. Is there really anything I can do to locate it? Or am I basically stuck with buying a new one?

PS What happens if they like wiped all settings or something? Will it basically be gone forever? Anything to locate it at all?

Thanks for your help, just tryin to find my itouch!!
    04-05-09 12:04 PM
    This is what you get for having an iphone.

Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 12:10 PM

Hope this helps

I didn't have an iPhone. Hopefully you are still in school and hopefully you are in an English class and can develop the reading skills and the knowledge of the English dictionary and learn how to read a title of a posting. iTouch/iPod Touch, not iPhone.

So shut up and go away for embarrassing yourself.
    04-05-09 12:27 PM
    Oh boy, the infamous internet tough guy. Did I hurt your feelings?

04-05-09 12:31 PM
    No. There is nothing that can be done to find it. Unless you recognize it, and the cops are willing to help. As well as the user is willing to admit to receiving stolen property, possibly grand larceny style. And they haven't changed the music so you can mention what's on there.

Essentially, you're screwed. Sorry man!

04-05-09 05:27 PM

Hope this helps

The single most idiotic response I've seen yet. I'm sure you were just trying to be funny, but trust me, don't quit your day job. Your stand-up routine leaves a lot to be desired.

04-05-09 06:29 PM
    Basically with any pocket electronics you are screwed as far as losing it or having it stolen. If there is' not any type of recovery software, or GPS on the device that allows you to wipe it or direct you to it's location.

So unless the person that took the iTouch brings it back, or someone that knows you, saw the person take it, it's gone for good.

If you did not have insurance on the device, your best bet is to try your renters or home owners insurance, or even you car insurance, to see if they will cover personal items that have been stolen.

Hi all,

My ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen was stolen. Is there really anything I can do to locate it? Or am I basically stuck with buying a new one?

PS What happens if they like wiped all settings or something? Will it basically be gone forever? Anything to locate it at all?

Thanks for your help, just tryin to find my itouch!!
    04-05-09 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD