just give me ideas dudes
    03-25-09 05:32 AM
    Personally, with iphone OS 3.0 coming out, and the various storm build/os issues I'd go for the iphone over the storm.
    I use a bold though, which is still better for me than an iphone on os 3.0. If they bring out a new iphone this summer, and it has some worthwhile new features, then that could be the one to get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 07:08 AM
    Personally, with iphone OS 3.0 coming out, and the various storm build/os issues I'd go for the iphone over the storm.
    I use a bold though, which is still better for me than an iphone on os 3.0. If they bring out a new iphone this summer, and it has some worthwhile new features, then that could be the one to get.

I second that...except my curve is working for me now.
    But I think I am going to get the iphone this summer when the new OS 3.0 comes out!! My bb and mac don't really like each other and I'm down loading windows to my mac.
    03-25-09 07:18 AM
    Forget the hype and do as the dropkick Murphy's say. STAND TALL, STAND PROUD, and be proud to be a blackberry owner. Everything that comes out has issues. That is part of the nature of technology. But never just sell out because you are having some issues. They will work out eventually and then you will be mad because you went to a crappy iphone and left you BlackBerry. To stop any thoughts, yes I have used a iphone and hated it. It is not a bb and I will never sell out.

03-25-09 07:23 AM
    Forget the hype and do as the dropkick Murphy's say. STAND TALL, STAND PROUD, and be proud to be a blackberry owner. Everything that comes out has issues. That is part of the nature of technology. But never just sell out because you are having some issues. They will work out eventually and then you will be mad because you went to a crappy iphone and left you BlackBerry. To stop any thoughts, yes I have used a iphone and hated it. It is not a bb and I will never sell out.

I second this. I think with all new devices that hit the streets, there are growing pains. The Storm was RIM's first attempt at a pure touch screen device. I've seen what the Storm was like prior to hitting the streets and how it is now after the official launch. I've tried a few of the beta OS that were leaked and I think the Storm will/is a good phone. It does have a learning curve to it when it comes to typing but I'm back to running .75 on my Storm and I can type just as fast on the Storm as I can a Curve or Bold or Pearl. I think the iPhone has a lot of good things to it do, but from a pure "corporate" view, BlackBerry's are the better way to go. I think it all comes down to exactly what do you want from the phone. Do you want a phone that will allow you to be mobile and not tied to your desk, or do you want a cool phone that allows you to make people feel bad about themselves when you hit them with the fart app out in public.
    03-25-09 10:30 AM
    I second this. I think with all new devices that hit the streets, there are growing pains. The Storm was RIM's first attempt at a pure touch screen device. I've seen what the Storm was like prior to hitting the streets and how it is now after the official launch. I've tried a few of the beta OS that were leaked and I think the Storm will/is a good phone. It does have a learning curve to it when it comes to typing but I'm back to running .75 on my Storm and I can type just as fast on the Storm as I can a Curve or Bold or Pearl. I think the iPhone has a lot of good things to it do, but from a pure "corporate" view, BlackBerry's are the better way to go. I think it all comes down to exactly what do you want from the phone. Do you want a phone that will allow you to be mobile and not tied to your desk, or do you want a cool phone that allows you to make people feel bad about themselves when you hit them with the fart app out in public.
    Great response IMO. In the end, it's all about two things -- what you're using it for and how YOU like the phones. Best way is to use them both, the IPhone has quite a few good features, looks and feels "cool", and seems to be a functional piece of equipment (especially with 3.0 coming out, I will restrain further comments there ). You're used to the BB interface and features, though ... so you might just want to stick around in the BB community! Keep in mind as well, BlackBerry has a few new phones releasing by around summer .......
    03-25-09 10:35 AM
    This is a BlackBerry fan site so you know 99% of the responses you're going to get are going to be pro berry, including mine. I think if you want fun and games you'll want an iphone, but if you want serious computing power, and to be productive, you'll need to stick with BlackBerry. It's my understanding the Storm's earlier issues were OS related so those issues will be resolved soon enough. I have an 8900 and it has no issues, worked great right out of the box, just like the Bolds do and Storms will.

03-25-09 10:56 AM
    That's not 100% true about the site. Yeah your going to get more bias opinions but most people who buy blackberries seem to stay in the family, moving up through devices. I've heard of lots of problems with iphones(yes blackberries too). The thing is that people I know with blackberries are keeping them. The guy I know with the iphone is sorry he ever bought it.

Just do the research. If you really want a touchscreen, then get the iphone, just remember people warned you. Hopefully it works out for you though. Not everybody needs an advanced phone.

03-25-09 11:06 AM
    dont beat me up but imo the iphone is the best phone out!!!....why do i have an 8900? i like buttons!!
    03-25-09 12:03 PM
    His opinion doesn't count. Only people who have the maturity of a 10 year old or older lol, just joking man

03-25-09 12:08 PM
    Such a loaded question

If you want a touch-screen phone, yet don't want to give up your Blackberry, then the answer is obvious.

If you just want push email, then with MobileMe you can get push email on the iPhone. $100 a year more, plus online backups, and whatever else it offers.

It all depends on what you want in your device, really.
    03-25-09 12:09 PM
    i trully believe the storm is a way better phone than the iphone just give a little time everyone will see
    03-25-09 02:22 PM
    ive had both iphone and storm have their issues and their strongpoints and the update for the iphone wont be out for about a year from an apple designer i know the storm op will get better
    04-05-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD