Stop for one moment, get your head off the the, OMG, a new phone childish thoughts, with a thought span of 1 second.

iPhone grabbed how much share with just one style phone...... pause to help your crackberry addled minds focus.............................

Ok, now, attention RIM, quickly, and once again, quickly, use QNX to come up with an amazing and intuitive phone software, giving user more control than any other phone OS, copy, yes copy Apple music store and other proprietary and money making stores,

(you don't have to be first, you just have to learn)

Two phone style's, one pure touch screen and the other full size touch with slide out keyboard, large touch screen, work with all providers to get them into anyone's hands.

Remember, iPhone crushed and grabbed with one style, do not forget this,

make the new QNX as pc like as possible, also, the next and first phone to have true and full flash to work same as a PC to run full streaming video will grab share fast.

Once again, iPhone crushed with one style.

thought, drop QNX and go Android.....

What is RIM of the future, a seller of phone (hardware) a software seller (don't forget Palm), a secure phone,,,,,

RIM phones are built like a brick, the security is a great niche, but software, wellllllll.... maybe lose that and go Andorid,

the new concept of a phone half for corp and half private for corp user personal pleasure is a good idea.
    05-05-11 08:06 PM
    you are leaving out one big difference between iphone and a bb.

the iphone is more of a fashion statement then bb.
    05-05-11 08:33 PM
    I'm not interested in buying an iPhone copy. If you would properly title your thread, I wouldn't have read your mismash of weird thoughts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 09:44 PM
    Attention RIM:

1. Disregard all of the op's suggestions. 2. Keep BlackBerry the same.
    3. Do not compromise BlackBerry device level security.

jinxednuance and Ibn la Ahad like this.
    05-05-11 10:03 PM
    I really love having my mind being called "crackberry-addled" by a person who can't write using proper grammar, capitalization, punctuation, or sentence and paragraph construction. Beyond that, I would like to add that one of RIM's strengths is that it realizes that one size does not fit all, and that people do have needs and desires for more than one form factor. They manage to keep a decent uniformity of look across different devices. I would like it if software updates would be more uniform across device platforms and carriers, and I would like to see an end to carrier exclusivity. I would like to see my Style, for example, be available for all carriers, and have either a GSM and a CDMA version, or have a device with both capabilities. What is needed is to widen the availability of all devices to all BlackBerry users, not to narrow down the available devices to one or two.
    Invader3K likes this.
    05-05-11 10:21 PM
    I have to agree with those who disagree, in part. Locking down to one device is not a good idea. I do think that they should try to keep the same set of devices across all carriers, though.

Pearl, Curve, Bold Touch, Full Touchscreen (Storm), and Torch.

By having those five devices (across all carriers), you can cover all the different needs of consumers and business professionals. You make it easier on developers by only needing to test on those devices, and it should simplify assembly.

The big drawback has been previous devices using different processors for CDMA and GSM. If all devices had the same processor, just varying the input method and radio, it would simplify things even more, while giving consumers options to suit their personal preferences.
    05-05-11 10:36 PM
    Can we switch out the Style for the Pearl?
    darkangel07760 likes this.
    05-05-11 11:00 PM
    Can we switch out the Style for the Pearl?
    YEA! I agree!
    05-05-11 11:18 PM
    I got a concussion from reading the original post.

05-05-11 11:48 PM
    I thought this was very well written.
    05-06-11 12:40 AM
    My wife would not use a phone bigger then the Pearl, she just upgraded to the 3G one. If blackberry didn't make the pearl she wouldn't have a blackberry and we wouldn't be chatting and sharing photos and keeping ourselves organized trough bbm and bbm groups

Thank you Rim for making a phone style for everyone.

05-06-11 01:40 AM
    I'm telling you, someone could make a mint creating a Smartphone Tycoon game...
    05-06-11 02:16 AM
    Is it possible to unread something? :s
    Machzy likes this.
    05-06-11 06:41 AM
    This is by far one of the dumbest things I have ever read on Crackberry to date.

Machzy and Fatoomah like this.
    05-06-11 02:41 PM
    personally, I think we need 6 product lines.
    Pearl (alphanumeric, for those that like the old-school keyboard)
    Curve (for the cheap QWERTY keyboard fans)
    Style, Torch, Storm, Bold
    05-06-11 06:53 PM
    Crack Addled be forewarned, Relegated to niche then,,, gone. To survive, yes survive, RIM has to react fast, rather than watch as they flush down the drain! I like my BB but want modern! read this,

BlackBerry Smacked By Android, Which Grabs Larger Smartphone Share
    by Mark Walsh, 4 hours ago

Android's share of the U.S. smartphone market reached 34.7% for the three months ending in March, up six percentage points from the prior three-month period, according to comScore. The share of the Google mobile platform was also up from 33% in February.
    Most of the Android gain came at the expense of BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion, whose market share fell 4.5 points in the first quarter to 27.1%. Apple's iOS smartphone operating system was third, at 25.5%, up just. 0.5%.

Rounding out the top five were Microsoft's Windows Mobile/Windows Phone 7 platforms, with 7.5%, and Palm's webOS, 2.8%. Both were down 0.9% from the fourth quarter. Microsoft still has yet to see its market share move into positive territory after launching the WP 7 operating system last fall.

The new comScore report also showed mobile data usage continues to grow, albeit incrementally. In that vein, the proportion of U.S. wireless users who browsed the Web increased about 2 points to 38.6% in the first quarter.

The share using downloaded apps grew 3% to 37.3% and the proportion of people social networking on phones increased 2.6% to 27.3%. More than one-quarter played mobile games and 18% listened to music on mobile devices, with both activities up 2.5 and 2.2 points, respectively.

When it comes to manufacturers, the market share of category leader Samsung was virtually unchanged from the prior quarter, at 24.5%. The same goes for No. 2 U.S device maker, which remained at 21% share. Motorola slipped a bit to 15.8% from 16.7%, while RIM was flat at 8.4%, and Apple's share increased a point to 7.9%, with a likely boost from the release of the Verizon iPhone.

Recent data from technology research firm IDC showed the mobile phone market worldwide grew 20% in the first quarter from a year ago, while the smartphone market surged 80%. Apple ranks as the No. 4 handset maker globally, with a 5% share of the industry.
    05-06-11 07:48 PM
    There is ONE thing he (almost) got right.

Right now, when you create an app, you need to make sure that it will run the way it is supposed to in what? 7, 6, 5, 4.7, 4.6.1, 4.6 and 4.5 (ok, ok... only if you want to grab all those company commissioned devices).

QNX COULD be the turning point where when you build an app for BlackBerry, you build an app for BlackBerry, not an app for OS6 devices, or an app for the Torch and so on.

EDIT: Yes, I know. You build an app for everything QNX up. Legacy is a b*tch.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-06-11 at 07:52 PM.
    05-06-11 07:49 PM
    Mawil, do you have the capacity to discuss your concerns without being insulting? Your name-calling is unwarranted.

And, ah, do you have a point?

You've suggested going with one device. We've given our reasons for not wanting one phone model. You've mentioned in your first post and seem to allude to in your second also a feeling that RIM should use Android. There is a good reason for RIM to not do that, however.

If RIM used Android, it would no longer be a BlackBerry.

RIM is working to create a better smartphone experience that is still a BlackBerry experience. It may not be fast enough for some, and it is likely true that what they are doing now they should have done a year or two ago. That said, it makes no sense for RIM to start making Android phones. They've already made investments towards the future. Making Android phones would be throwing that away, and dropping a brand that many people still use, enjoy, and want. It would be a very unwise move on their part.

All this without having to call anyone addled. Who would have thought.
    Last edited by Ferretling; 05-07-11 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typo
    Masahiro likes this.
    05-06-11 10:40 PM
    When RIM introduced the BlackBerry PlayBook, it not only offered a 7-inch alternative to the iPad and Android tablets, it also offered a sneak peek into the future of RIM. Even though we think handsets like the Bold and the Torch are sleek and handsome, they're just not innovative enough. They appear to cater to loyalists rather than attempt to woo new customers. Even the latest BlackBerry Bolds from BlackBerry World seem more evolutionary than revolutionary.

From CNET

05-07-11 10:14 AM
    When RIM introduced the BlackBerry PlayBook, it not only offered a 7-inch alternative to the iPad and Android tablets, it also offered a sneak peek into the future of RIM. Even though we think handsets like the Bold and the Torch are sleek and handsome, they're just not innovative enough. They appear to cater to loyalists rather than attempt to woo new customers. Even the latest BlackBerry Bolds from BlackBerry World seem more evolutionary than revolutionary.

From CNET

Why is everyone looking for a revolution? whats wrong with evolution? i much prefer the later

05-07-11 10:47 AM
    "Just not innovative enough" says nothing. It does not give an explanation of what is wanted or what is missing. "Evolution instead of revolution" is just a string of empty buzzwords without an explanation behind it.

I prefer evolution. I love my device and wouldn't want huge drastic changes. Sure, there are plenty of things that could be improved, but many of them are wishes and tweaks. The device itself is solid.

Revolution may create devices that appeal to certain customers, but will they offer something that people will choose over Android or the iPhone? Will they do this and not drive off the current customers RIM has?

It is one thing to shout "Revolution!" and quite another to actually come up with a plan.

Or even an explanation as to what "revolution", in this case, means.
    05-07-11 12:27 PM
    I like the way RIM is going but I almost think they should work to make the new lineup releasing this year future proof in the sense that it will work on QNX. Also, they shouldn't be dabbling with Bing IMO. Those two things are making it hard for me to decide what to do. :|
    05-07-11 01:09 PM
    I feel VERY differently about the 1 or 2 Device model Idea,

I have 3 ACTIVE blackberry's, 9800, the 9670, 9300, each has it's pro's and con's all of them I like, and I will be looking very closely at getting a 9900.

In my Opinion RIM needs to Create MORE phone models.

I want to See RIM build
    3 Candy Bar models Each on a 24 month upgrade cycle
    2 Flip Models, 24 month upgrade cycle
    2 FULL touch screen models, 18 & 24 month upgrade cycle. (premium/low end)
    2 Slider models Each on a 24 month upgrade cycle
    1 ultra small line (pearl) on a 12 month upgrade cycle
    in addition to this having 3 tablets.

Basically RIM would be launching a new Product every 2 Months, always something fresh to play with, but not directly competing against themselves, you'd know RIM had something new coming every 2 years for your favourite model so you'd sign the 2 year contracts which would make carriers happy.
    The people who always want something new and like trying different things get to try something new all the time, and for RIM really they can keep the same purchased hardware for 12-18 months of production, across all the lines as it is mostly form factors that will differ.
    05-07-11 01:11 PM
    I like the way RIM is going but I almost think they should work to make the new lineup releasing this year future proof in the sense that it will work on QNX. Also, they shouldn't be dabbling with Bing IMO. Those two things are making it hard for me to decide what to do. :|
    The Term future Proof is pointless, RIM can't design a phone now that it wants to ensure will be compatible with QNX without developing QNX to have backwards compatibility, thus slowing down the development, and hindering advancement. you develop the device for today, you develop the software for tomorrows hardware. as a consumer you purchase your device for your accepted life expectancy, I expect to get 2-3 years from a device if I don't trade it in sooner, and I expect support for that device for about 2-4 years, with the exception of the 9630 RIM has been pretty good about maintaining consistent upgrades for 2-3 years from the device's creation.
    05-07-11 01:14 PM
    Gee, 1st quarter of the year. Perhaps we can explain a large upswing with a question.

How many new handsets did RIM introduce during Q1 of this year as opposed to the competition? In fact, how many in the last 2 quarters?

We know Apple brought their iPhone to a major carrier after teasing them for nearly a year. Gave customers a choice of carriers, and that generated some decent traffic.

Android had crammed their system into a variety of similar devices, whether it was a good fit or not. (you can have your touchscreens or landscape-sliders, with one poor facsimile of a BlackBerry imitation keyboard). Not having to design your own hardware does have advantages towards saturating a market, when one of your chief competitors is reworking their product. This happens in business , and the future isn't set in stone.

Especially if something better comes of it.

Last edited by BergerKing; 05-07-11 at 02:00 PM.
    05-07-11 01:57 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD