Dog-watching iPhone app catches thief instead - USATODAY.com

DENVER (AP) � A woman who set up an iPhone application to watch her dog while she was away instead caught a thief breaking into her home Tuesday.
    At the time, she had no idea she was recording a thief.

"It's creepy," said Claire, who did not want her surname released because she is a crime victim. "I've never had a house broken in to."

She already knows how the thief broke in to her home: Her mother sent her a spare set of keys after she left them in Virginia over the weekend. The thief broke in to the package, found the keys and then snuck into her home, she says.

"He went through my drawers, my jewelry. He even touched my clothes and pillow," Claire said.

A while back, she had downloaded an I-Cam application on her phone. It syncs up with her computer and allows her to view her computer camera from her cellphone.

The thief searched through her belongings for a little more than 12 minutes. In the end, he got away with $500 worth of items.

Denver Police are looking over the footage and searching for finger prints the thief may have left behind.
    pixel8rberry likes this.
    12-30-10 12:04 AM
    Sweet! Definitely something that would only happen to the blessed/lucky.

Would be creepy to see that I'm sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 12:59 AM
    Why exactly didn't the guy take the iphone? Dumb criminal.
    12-30-10 11:25 AM
    Why exactly didn't the guy take the iphone? Dumb criminal.
    I think she had the phone with her but it was set to record thru the webcam that was in the house.

12-31-10 02:46 AM
    Interesting ,although what I've done is a motion detector wired
    To a battery to a solinoid that I've secured to the trigger guard
    On a 12 ga. Shotgun with a no. 7 shot ,I pitty da fool

01-03-11 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD