At crackberry everyone is talking about the greatness of the BlackBerry devices. I was wondering what features are we missing from android or iPhone I have had a couple of iPhones and androids over the years so what I would say would be android is better for customization (though it does get very complicated because of that) and iPhone is very simple and has a finger print scanner that works (not like the galaxy) I want to know if there is anything else that we are missing because we choose BlackBerry (and don't say apps) now I'm not buying a iPhone or Android because of the good things BlackBerry has I'm just curious to what I'm missing

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-27-14 04:56 AM
    In apple there is apple pay

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-27-14 06:46 AM
    In apple there is apple pay

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Anything that locks you into a platform isn't a feature, it's a lock. I don't like locks.
    10-27-14 06:53 AM
    The only thing your missing is Google mapping system, Google YouTube app, and Google notifications. BlackBerry nav will get better, hopefully the third party YouTube apps get better and BlackBerry notifications are getting better with every update. That's all your missing.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 06:59 AM
    Anything that locks you into a platform isn't a feature, it's a lock. I don't like locks.
    What do you mean that it's a lock?

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-27-14 07:00 AM
    The only thing your missing is Google mapping system, Google YouTube app, and Google notifications. BlackBerry nav will get better, hopefully the third party YouTube apps get better and BlackBerry notifications are getting better with every update. That's all your missing.

Posted via CB10
    I consider the lack of Google Services a feature! I don't want Apple's nor Google's grubby hands constantly dipped into my data
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-27-14 07:04 AM

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Can you use Apple Pay on an Android or Blackberry? No. It's a lock for a platform.

vs

I can use an Android and Blackberry and my Banks Mobile Payment app to make mobile payments like Apple Pay. I am not locked into a platform. If Apple was serious about opening up, they would allow my Bank to install their app to make mobile payments without Apple involved at all. I will never use Apple products as they lock me in and limit my options. iTunes is another lock.
    adonispeniel likes this.
    10-27-14 07:37 AM

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Looks like that
    10-27-14 07:47 AM
    Android Motox 2nd is a good choice.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:52 AM
    The iPhone has a feature that allows you to go to any place just by speaking it's different than any other operating system on the market. It truly comes in handy, you can almost ask it anything and it will respond very quickly when asked too. I liked it a lot.
    The apps for iPhone is well to say it bluntly STINKS!!! THEY SEEM TO BE FOR KIDS OR THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 09:56 PM
    I recently heard a piece on the radio where an autistic child opened up to Siri. Seems like he could talk to the iPhone yet not interact well with humans. So the natural conversation style that Siri has that advantage although I have never had any Apple device.
    11-12-14 10:41 AM
    I like BlackBerry because it doesn't require buttons to navigate. It doesn't make sense to me why a touch screen phone needs buttons to interact with the OS. The iOS requires the home button. Android has those soft buttons that seem to be ever-present. In BB10 you navigate through gestures on the screen in an intuitive matter that is simple and makes sense. That combined with contextual actions, for me, makes BlackBerry superior.
    11-12-14 11:01 AM
    That was a great story, here's the NPR link w/ audio: Apple's Siri Helps Autistic Teen With Communication Skills : NPR

Here's the NYTimes piece, written by his mother: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/fa...-bff.html?_r=0
    Yeah, that's the one. The one about the iPod going to the Apple store to visit friends was so sweet and innocent. But I can imagine the endless questions, too. And electronics being more tolerant to that...
    11-12-14 11:07 AM
    At crackberry everyone is talking about the greatness of the BlackBerry devices. I was wondering what features are we missing from android or iPhone I have had a couple of iPhones and androids over the years so what I would say would be android is better for customization (though it does get very complicated because of that) and iPhone is very simple and has a finger print scanner that works (not like the galaxy) I want to know if there is anything else that we are missing because we choose BlackBerry (and don't say apps) now I'm not buying a iPhone or Android because of the good things BlackBerry has I'm just curious to what I'm missing

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Privacy and security would be a good place to start looking!

I have just binned a Samsung S5 and a Note4 for that exact reason. All i wanted to do was download a good music player and every time I selected one and pressed download I checked the permissions. Now I know I am stupid but why would a music player require access to contacts, phone calls and caller ID? As far as security is concerned Android is a joke!
    11-13-14 12:35 PM
    Application ecosystem. That what I'm missing

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 01:00 PM
    IPhone android vs BlackBerry-blackberryandbeer.jpg

Formerly Q10 ~ Now the Passport on TMobile
    11-13-14 01:51 PM
    I like BlackBerry because it doesn't require buttons to navigate. It doesn't make sense to me why a touch screen phone needs buttons to interact with the OS. The iOS requires the home button. Android has those soft buttons that seem to be ever-present. In BB10 you navigate through gestures on the screen in an intuitive matter that is simple and makes sense. That combined with contextual actions, for me, makes BlackBerry superior.
    It's doesn't "need" a button, Apple chooses to have one. I'm sure they could make an all gesture based os if they wanted to. The same goes with android, they simply choose to have it. Much like how blackberry has chosen to go all gesture based but could have quite easily added a button if they wanted it.

Home buttons are not advantages or disadvantages, they are design characteristics.
    11-13-14 10:09 PM
    It's doesn't "need" a button, Apple chooses to have one. I'm sure they could make an all gesture based os if they wanted to. The same goes with android, they simply choose to have it. Much like how blackberry has chosen to go all gesture based but could have quite easily added a button if they wanted it.

Home buttons are not advantages or disadvantages, they are design characteristics.
    I just like the way you can close apps with BB10. I don't know about iOS (never owned one) but with android, you have to back out of the app and it will give you the "exit" dialog box if it has one. Or you "home" out of it. With native BB10 apps, swipe up to window the app and "X" it out. With android apps on BB10, you get a "back" button on the bottom toolbar so you can finally swipe to X-out. I know android is automatically supposed to close unused apps but I frequently find them running in the background.

Maybe you can get around in iOS without the home button but I bet most users would be lost without it.
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 11-14-14 at 10:52 AM.
    11-14-14 08:27 AM
    I just like the way you can close apps with BB10. I don't know about iOS (never owned one) but with android, you have to back out of the app and it will give you the "exit" dialog box if it has one. Or you "home" out of it. With native BB10 apps, swipe up to window the app and "X" it out. With android apps on BB10, you get a "back" button on the bottom toolbar so you can finally swipe to X-out. I know android is automatically supposed to close unused apps but I frequently find them running in the background.

Maybe you can get around in iOS with the home button but I bet most users would be lost without it.
    Depends on how you set up Android.

On mine, I gesture swipe out of apps.

Agreed with Sporadic: a home button is not a sign of lesser OS capability. It's a choice that many enjoy.
    11-14-14 09:51 AM

Agreed with Sporadic: a home button is not a sign of lesser OS capability. It's a choice that many enjoy.
    I never claimed BB10 was superior for anyone other than myself, I just gave my reasoning for my decision to use BB10 instead of iOS or Android.
    11-14-14 10:09 AM
    I have Google Maps, I use if often. Google Services is another thing, I don't have that and I don't bother patching it either.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dew066; 11-14-14 at 12:28 PM.
    11-14-14 10:17 AM
    I never claimed BB10 was superior for anyone other than myself, I just gave my reasoning for my decision to use BB10 instead of iOS or Android.
    I didn't say you did. I thought your last point was well reasoned. It made sense.
    11-14-14 10:23 AM
    Native printing
    Google maps
    Apple pay
    Clash of Clans

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:52 AM