So today my friend had his iPhone 6 inside his front pocket. He bent down to grab some documents from a safe. Guess what happened to the iPhone 6? It bent. How can a big company with tons of money not do a extended test on these phones? I understand that they wanted to make it thinner but come on its not fair for the customers to be paying so much money for a phone with this issue. Unfortunately even with this issue, some consumer don't even complain because is Apple.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:17 PM
    It says in the instructions not to put in your pocket. I really wish people would follow that instruction so that I wouldn't look like such a nerd wearing a holster.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:24 PM
    Who doesn't put their phone in their pockets?! Lol

I also have a holster (:

Posted via CB10
    rocker_man1 likes this.
    10-24-14 10:59 PM

I also have a holster (:

Posted via CB10
    I agreed with you. Most people that I have seen put their iphones in pockets. You know what is bad too, that my friend had a case on the phone and even with a case it bent.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:53 AM
    I'm very uncomfortable putting my phone in my pocket for extended periods of time. I prefer to carry it instead. For the simple reason that phones emit radiation and I might run the risk of "burning" my privates XD

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.938 | Globe PH
    10-25-14 09:00 AM
    I'm very uncomfortable putting my phone in my pocket for extended periods of time. I prefer to carry it instead. For the simple reason that phones emit radiation and I might run the risk of "burning" my privates XD

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.938 | Globe PH
    Yes I had that fear for a long time but I have stumbled upon some extensive research articles that in fact cell phone radiation doesn't have any "known" harmful effect.. It certainly is still potentially risky business, more so if you are an iPhone 6 user... *ROTFL*

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:10 AM

I also have a holster (:

Posted via CB10
    Me too.
    10-25-14 11:34 AM
    I just use my pockets, the only holster I have is for my Z30.

Right now I couldn't get a holster for the PP anyway.

But when I wear my suit or my winter jacket, I use the breast pocket.

It's classy that way.

Via passport
    10-25-14 11:49 AM
    Why would you even buy a phone you couldn't put in your pocket?...I'm not even having a go at Apple but like seriously why would you?...Sorry but pocketability is a big thing for me it stopped me getting a Z30...Sorry guys but despite this being my fourth BlackBerry I think holsters are for guns

My Z10 Whiteout
    10-25-14 06:37 PM
    My Passport is always in my pocket. No bend yet. Interesting, if people are being told it's not meant to be in your pocket. Even more interesting if people are willing to accept that lol

Posted via CB10 using my BlackBerry Passport
    10-25-14 07:53 PM
    So today my friend had his iPhone 6 inside his front pocket. He bent down to grab some documents from a safe. Guess what happened to the iPhone 6? It bent.
    So, it does happen . . .

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:46 PM
    Sat down with some coworkers at the bar after work on Friday and this topic came up. Largely, my Passport was the topic as soon as it was on the table.

They didn't believe it would fit in pockets and joked about the Passport bending!

- Width of the device doesn't cause bending... whereas height does. It is tall devices that are too tall for pockets...
    - Passport although awkwardly wide, will typically fit in pockets fine. In fact, Passport fits in pockets that Z30 or other devices like iPhone6 wont.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:48 PM
    My Z30 is always in my pocket. Hasn't bent yet.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-25-14 08:50 PM
    My Z30 is always in my pocket. Hasn't bent yet.
    Have to agree Z, 8 months on my z30 in my pocket and I never had an issue

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-25-14 08:58 PM
    So, it does happen . . .

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I have seen this video before but many apple consumers kept saying that it was because it was the six plus, because it is too big. Even my friend said that. To his surprise he bent his so easly and he has the regular 6. He was so disappointed. He could not believe it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:23 PM
    Yeah. I have seen this video before but many apple consumers kept saying that it was because it was the six plus, because it is too big. Even my friend said that. To his surprise he bent his so easly and he has the regular 6.
    My friends have not yet bent their regular iPhone 6s but I will ask them to be careful.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...gate/index.htm

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:15 AM
    I agreed with you. Most people that I have seen put their iphones in pockets. You know what is bad too, that my friend had a case on the phone and even with a case it bent.

Posted via CB10
    Them musta been some tight jeans

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:32 AM
    Apple wants to boost the man-purse business :-).

Q10/10.3.1.821
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-26-14 03:50 AM
    Sat down with some coworkers at the bar after work on Friday and this topic came up. Largely, my Passport was the topic as soon as it was on the table.

They didn't believe it would fit in pockets and joked about the Passport bending!

- Width of the device doesn't cause bending... whereas height does. It is tall devices that are too tall for pockets...
    - Passport although awkwardly wide, will typically fit in pockets fine. In fact, Passport fits in pockets that Z30 or other devices like iPhone6 wont.

Posted via CB10

Did you tell them the frame is stainless steel modelled after steel beams used for construction
    (high-rise, so called i-beam, ironically ;-) the font doesn't display the capital i properly in CB, the serifs are missing: I )
    ?

Aluminium is much softer...

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-26-14 03:40 PM
    Them musta been some tight jeans

Posted via CB10
    Nope, he does not wear tight jeans. His were straight fit.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:12 PM
    The 6 bent, or the 6 plus? I've had zero bend issues with my 6. That said, it does grab facial hair like crazy.
    The iPhone 6 bent. He was so disappointed because he is person that really takes care of his phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:44 PM
    He should take back to Apple store. I'm told the Geniuses are replacing them pretty liberally when it's clear the user didn't intentionally do it, which in my experience (unrelated to bending) has a lot to do with a kind, positive attitude when talking to the genius bar. Their internal hardware/engineers were actively looking for bent devices due to manufacturing defect, and it sounds like they'd love to get their mitts on your friend's to study what went wrong.
    He went to the apple store but they said they don't cover physical damage.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:30 AM
    Well thank God I have a BlackBerry Q10 and not an iphone! And also that I have a purse to carry it in!

Posted from my Q10
    10-27-14 07:07 PM