My last internet connect was dial up. I'm getting a laptop for school in January.

Thinking of Comcast for internet connection.

Is this good:
    Performance - Special Offer 29.99, then 44.99/month

NEW SUBSCRIBERS: Sign up for high-speed Internet today and get download speeds up to 15 Mbps and uploads up to 3 Mbps with PowerBoost�!

Surf the net, download music, upload photos and chat with friends at speeds way faster than DSL. Constant Guard� - a $360 value of top-rated security software, including Norton� Security Suite and much more. XFINITY Connect with 7 e-mail accounts, each with 10GB of storage. More than 3,500 live games on ESPN3.com. Backed by the Comcast 30-day money-back guarantee.

I don't have a home phone. There are phone jacks here though. Do I need to have home phone for this connection?

If I get this, how do I make it all wireless? Is that an extra monthly fee?

Thanks!
    11-19-11 04:11 PM
    Heeelllppp!
    11-19-11 04:57 PM
    I believe Comcast is a cable connection not a phone jack connection.

To make it wireless you will just need to add a wireless router that you can buy almost anywhere that sells computer stuff.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-20-11 10:06 AM
    Awesome, Thanks!
    11-20-11 10:12 AM
    once you get the router signed onto your lappy make sure you secure it! that way you won't be giving your neighbors free internet!
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-21-11 10:38 AM
    My neighbors don't have a password on theirs! Lol. i use it to upload YouTube videos on my Android.

Comcast also give you a wireless router to lease for free. Sweet.
    11-21-11 12:11 PM
    My neighbors don't have a password on theirs! Lol. i use it to upload YouTube videos on my Android.

Comcast also give you a wireless router to lease for free. Sweet.
    If Comcast gives you one *free, that would be a good choice cuz then they will also be able to support it if things go wrong.

*Make sure to read the fine print.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-21-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD