I was never overly interested in art as it seems, well at least in my country the art world is filled with pretentious people who seems to exist on a different plain to the rest of us.

That was until I first came across a chap called Kurt Wenner. What amazed me about this guy from Michigan was he would turn up and just create something awesome on the street. His talent on show to all, for me this is art at its purest when the artist has no place to hide.

+++ Kurt Wenner - Master Artist and Architect +++ Street Painting

Its actually hard to believe this was painted on a normal wall because he has created such a sense of space that it looks like he has painted in a hole.

The second person who inspires me is the illusive and enigmatic Banksy. A artist that turns up all over the world and creates art that is sometimes funny, sometimes highly political but often sad. A though-provoking man who paints for the love of art rather than the money.

Banksy

He even turned up at the west bank.

So, what art if any interests you?
    02-01-09 07:09 AM
    impressionism and surrealism interest me.
    02-01-09 07:18 AM
    impressionism and surrealism interest me.
    Any favorite artists?
    02-01-09 07:30 AM
    This guy is an amazing 3D artist!
    02-01-09 07:37 AM
    Mouse, thanks for sharing that artwork! i'm going to go research those artists! i love the ones you posted!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 07:41 AM
    Art is a media that affects us all in different ways. I don't really have a list of favorite artists, but it is fairly easy to like something as amazing as the pics you posted.

I've always liked things that stun the senses w/o pure, raw overload. You can look at those scenes and wonder how much further down do they go?

As to the pretentious types and their "social" art, well, if you have to have a group of people telling you it is art....
    probably not so much.

Grazie for the images to start a new day with.

02-01-09 08:36 AM
    Bergerking, are you able to post any of the stuff that affects you?

This thread needs more pictures!
    02-01-09 09:34 AM
    Interestingly and in a shameless bump for my own thread a argument still rages in London over Banksy.

The argument related to if people believe it's art or graffiti.

In normal situations any defacement of public property is a offense and the local council will remove it as soon as possible.

However away from above ground matters the underground service department has trained their employees to be able to spot Banksy work and leave it alone.

Things like the picture below are why the argument continues.

02-01-09 02:16 PM
    escher is my top favorite

both done during his years spent in holland

Also,an interesting form of "art" that I would like to see in real life is the Sedlec Ossuary--if you arent familiar and arent easily spooked then read on
    Sedlec Ossuary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    02-01-09 07:32 PM
    escher is my top favorite

both done during his years spent in holland

Also,an interesting form of "art" that I would like to see in real life is the Sedlec Ossuary--if you arent familiar and arent easily spooked then read on
    Sedlec Ossuary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ohh I like the second picture!

Sedlec Ossuary is also very interesting.
    02-02-09 01:20 AM
    There's a lot of garbage talked in the Art world - don't care for it myself, doesn't matter where you put it, a toilet bowl is still a toilet bowl.

It's sadly been done to the point where the majority cannot enjoy it because all of the 'esoteric' talk puts them off. It seems that actually liking a picture isn't enough.

That Picadilly Circus street art is something else! Wonder how many drunks were freaked out by it?
    02-02-09 10:24 AM
    I remember in one of the art galleries in London where a workman left a boot on the floor and loads of people unaware of this went around saying it was a work of art!

Now that did make me laugh!.
    02-02-09 12:52 PM
    Bergerking, are you able to post any of the stuff that affects you?

This thread needs more pictures!
    I don't have any of it available right now. Sorry it took a while to get back here, had to do a little looking to find the thread again.

02-03-09 03:34 AM
    Hey bergerking.

No worries!
    02-03-09 09:12 AM
    I am inspired by graffiti and all types of music. I used to do a lot of tagging when I was younger but have lapsed as of late. I'll look for some of my fav pics in am. Banksy is an amazing artist, also a fan of Shepherd Fairey, Fafi, Kaws. Seen, etc.. Also a big fan of urban vinyl custom figures and the various non-paint forms of graffiti. (Stickers, stencils, various materials). If you are like minded, feel free to pm me

02-04-09 12:24 AM
    I've always enjoyed the work of sam flores.
    02-05-09 07:35 AM
    I was never really into art until I had the opportunity of attending private shows at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. When you have time to actually view and read about artworks you get a real appreciation.

I also attend a lot of local art shows. It's amazing how many "love that painting" moments you get.

Monet is my favorite impressionist. I also dig Dali' and Andrew Wyeth.
    02-05-09 07:45 AM
    Thanks for the replies chaps.

Any chance of posting some of your favorite work by the artists?
    02-05-09 11:00 AM
    Thanks for the replies chaps.

Any chance of posting some of your favorite work by the artists?
    Dali's most famous work:Google Image Result for http://www.msdlists.com/surrealism/images/full%20size/Dali%20Persistence%20of%20Time.jpg

My favorite Monet:

My favorite Wyeth:
    02-05-09 11:11 AM
    Danger, honestly when I reluctantly clicked on this thread I thought "What kind of stupid post is this", until I saw it!! WOW THANK YOU very much for posting this. These are outstanding works of art. Sorry for doubting the importance of the thread. Again, thanks much.
    02-06-09 07:08 AM
    Rehab, thank you....... I think.
    02-08-09 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD