We are thinking of making a move to Colorado and are looking at the town of Windsor. Can anyone provide any info? I would like to hear from people that live there or are familiar with the place. We've done some reading, but I want to hear from people with real experiences. Our biggest hobby in the summer is walley fishing and camping. I would like to hear about recreation for sure and also want info on peoples opinions on schools, housing, employment, cost of living, etc. If anyone has any first hand knowledge of this area, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!
    03-29-09 10:44 AM
    03-29-09 01:36 PM
    I've been to that site, thanks. I'm looking more for the people that know the area to vouch for all the good things we've read about the place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 01:51 PM
    It is a quiet rural community an hour or so North of Denver. From your porch, when you look to the West (see picture below), you'll see the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. It will take you a lifetime to visit every campground and fishing spot- and those are just the official ones. There is deep lake fishing at Grand Lake, but get some fly gear, too, for the hundreds of Blue Ribbon streams. In Windsor you'll be 2 and a half hours from some of the best snowboarding and skiing in the world, and you'll be a half hour away from Rocky Mountain National Park. We also boast low taxes and small government. I live 30 miles South of Denver, but drive to Windsor area often to visit a horse I have in training there. All I can say is if you love the outdoors, you're moving to the motherland.

Plus you're only an hour from very nice metro area with all the museums and theaters that entails. It's the best of all worlds - not to mention the world class universities within an hour of Windsor for your kids (or you) to attend.

This is the exact view that awaits you. Oh, I forgot to mention big game hunting, we have every trophy animal North America has to offer, (sorry PETA).

Last edited by exelant; 03-29-09 at 04:54 PM.
    03-29-09 04:39 PM
    SWEET! I've been in the Fort Collins and Loveland area twice now and drove through the state a few times, I'm in love with what I've seen.

03-30-09 07:36 AM
    It is a wonderful place to live! It is also the wild west, rodeos and the western lifestyle. Windsor is horse/ranching country - there's a vet just East of there that saved our reining horse's life - she figured out a problem no one else seemed to be able to. You won't be out of place if you either wear a cowboy hat and Wranglers or have tattoos and peircings. Ft. Collins is a college town - as is Greely to your East. They are also farming towns. Quite a contrast that works for us, haha. I guess you can tell I am a booster for my state, but there's so much to offer and see. I spend most of my vacations right here camping, fishing, snowboarding, horse riding - supporting my wife's horse show dreams and rodeo riding. Today it is snowing, by next week it'll be in the seventies. Our weather is a closely held secret, one always sees us on the news when we get one of our blizzards, and we get doozies, but we have over 300 sunny days a year. We don't have humidity, 11% average, so bring lots of chapstick untill you get used to it. Bread will last two full weeks on the counter nefore it gets moldy, lol. We have 50 and 60 degree days in December and January and snowstorms in May. March is our snowiest month, but it was 70 degrees yesterday. If you can stand anymore picture, bagger, here's a couple - one of my dog on a hill not too far from my house, and one of Pikes Peak near me. PM me when you get ready to move and I'll add you to my messenger.
    Mike

Last edited by exelant; 03-30-09 at 10:26 AM.
    03-30-09 10:19 AM
    We love colorado, my fiance is from there, we go back every year for 2 weeks to stay with family, and we are getting married in Estes Park in July. So so pretty, one day, when my fiance gets out of the military, thats where we will end up
    03-30-09 10:21 AM
    Hi Rachel! I'm keeping your place warm for you and your Husband, lol. Hurry home!

03-30-09 10:27 AM
    LOL well, its not MY home, its his, but one day, waaay down the line (at least 10 years) it will be our home.. where are you at? his family are all in Brighton with an aunt in Arvada..
    03-30-09 10:34 AM
    I'm South of there in Franktown - East of Castle Rock, about 33 miles from Denver. That would be 45 miles South of Arvada. We have horse property out in the country and I work in the Denver Metro area. I moved here 30 years ago in May and never left.

03-30-09 11:48 AM
    Well now I know where to come when I wanna ride horses LOL
    03-30-09 12:46 PM
    A question about our vehicles. With the higher altitude, does anything need to be done? I'm not a mechanic, nor do I pretend to be one.
    03-31-09 01:18 PM
    Lived close to their for about 10 years. For your car, if it's fuel injected, you won't need to do much. If it's an older car or truck with a carb or throttle body, you'll want to take it in to be adjusted for the altitude, also be aware that you're going to lose about 10-15% of your power with the lack of oxygen. If it's carbed, you'll probably lose 20%.
    03-31-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD