So, have you peeled the transparent protective cover off of your screen yet?

Mine's still on after two and a half weeks. I'm hoping to make it last for the two years of my contract, although my daughters fianc has a bet with me that I won't make the full 24 months before giving in to the urge to peel it off.

He also suggested that I purchase a bona fide screen protector, but I told him that although that sort of thing might have currency amongst iPhone owning members of the public such as he, I couldn't see the point in it when there was a perfectly serviceable piece of plastic film supplied gratis with the phone! Admittedly the removal tab hampers my access to the 'end call' button somewhat, but I've got 600 mins per month on my contract so I can afford to take two or three goes to finish a call, particularly when it means my screen stays protected.

Unfortunately I was forced to peel the cover off of the flash and camera lenses because all of my photos were looking like they were taken in a dense fog, which (3.2 MP or not) was causing a certain amount of ribald comment amongst certain iPhone owning relatives and friends.

Do BlackBerry offer an authorised cleaning cloth for polishing the chrome surround on the Bold 9700 - possibly a little colour co-ordinated thing in chamois leather imprinted with a discreet BB logo?

I'm going to set up home in this bit of the forum.

All the best

07-21-10 06:44 PM
    I love you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 08:01 PM
    David, here's what I did with my 8310 & it worked like a charm. I bought the universal protectors for palm pilots & stuff, the thickers one you know. I'd put those on (using the including applicator or credit card) & then taking a razor knife trace around the edge. You'll have a perfect fitting protector & since they're like $5 @ Walmart for a pack of 5, you'll also save money than buying "regular" screen protectors. You could also use the leftovers to recover your camera lens & it may be clearer than the old one. Just a thought.
    08-01-10 04:30 PM
    As a follow up - will us relatively new 9700 owners be being issued with the official BB polishing cloth that I see is included with the 9800/Torch?

I demand my official polishing cloth! I need to keep my 9700 fingerprint free the official BB way!
    08-10-10 05:24 PM
    In case anyone's interested, my screen cover is still on:-)
    08-13-10 04:22 PM
    So, have you peeled the transparent protective cover off of your screen yet?
    My 9700 still does + the plastic circles on the camera and flash - the phone has been in a otterbox defender since day one...

Kept the one on my 9800 until I got a Zagg the other day - still has the 'sync directions' sticker on the battery door...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 08:14 PM
    the guy who set up my new ( and first) BB peeled off the plastic before I could stop him , so I told him nicely to please not get fingerprints on my screen LOL - he turned red but finished setting it up without a mark - but then my grand kid, later that night, thought it was my phone ringing and brought it to me ...somehow those little 4 year old pawprints didn't upset me after all
    09-23-10 08:51 PM