If Face10 and Messenger is still working for BB10 why Blackberry lie about API's and other bull**** with their Facebook app?

I wish Chen become as CEO at least in late 2014 not in 2013, just 1 month before Z30 was introduced.. at least until that time Z30 and Classic with Passport still was in store shelves and everyone could buy them. Today even android Priv can't be found in any stores and even if its running android!

This "hardware not sell" bull**** is over everything, how long everyone here will believe the lie? How long Chen will lie? 101 sales should mean at least make device available to sale, now to buy a Blackberry phone is like in deep Soviet Russian to buy bananas! No one have them! Even Priv only available to buy only in carriers e-shops and it's a joke to spread lies why no one wants to buy devices.

I refuse to listen more of these lies and want Chen to disappeared from CEO position and go max to accountant position there he belongs.
    04-06-16 07:02 AM
    If Face10 and Messenger is still working for BB10 why Blackberry lie about API's and other bull**** with their Facebook app?
    Because they use different APIs?

This "hardware not sell" bull**** is over everything, how long everyone here will believe the lie? How long Chen will lie? 101 sales should mean at least make device available to sale, now to buy a Blackberry phone is like in deep Soviet Russian to buy bananas! No one have them! Even Priv only available to buy only in carriers e-shops and it's a joke to spread lies why no one wants to buy devices.
    No one wants them!

You do remember the billion dollars they wasted on Z10 overstock, right?
    04-06-16 07:06 AM
    Because they use different APIs?

No one wants them!

You do remember the billion dollars they wasted on Z10 overstock, right?
    My employer loved the overstock Z10/Q10s....got them all for free. Good for our shareholders....not so much BlackBerry.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    04-06-16 07:21 AM
    I think Chen is a disaster too. But honestly it's more than him. In order for things to change the culture of BlackBerry has to change. The board of directors who thought Chen was a good idea has to change.

If the company were in private hands by someone who had a vision and a passion it would be a different story.

Lots of JC fans here on the forum who say he is good for BlackBerry, meaning he is good for a software comapny. Had they just "went out of business" (on handsets) of spunoff a new name for this software company other than RIM or BlackBerry I might have agreed Chen is ok. Most likely I wouldn't care.

Once the handset business is dead I could care less what the remaining company does. I've been a BlackBerry smartphone loyalist. Not a loyalist of whatever software companies BlackBerry has purchased over the last 3 years.

This is where the confusion is at. I'd respect Chen more if he just finished killing BlackBerry. Or let someone who cares buy the handset business and all the handset patents and build a quality phone at a reasonable price.

Build a Priv with a name that isn't shameful, with a 9900 shaped and sized keyboard, with great quality control.

Z5 - E6853 / Android 6.0 / T-Mobile USA
    kirson and FF22 like this.
    04-06-16 07:22 AM
    I don't think Chen has failed or lied to anyone. He was quite clear when he stated his first and highest priority was getting the company to be solvent and having a long term revenue stream which is crucial in any business.

No manufacturer can continue to produce a product that no one is buying. Being from Detroit and involved in the auto industry, I seen first hand the results of doing this, it was bankruptcy for GM and Chrysler in 2008.

As I have said many times before, Chen's first loyalty is to the shareholders and if it means they have to get out of the hardware business and focus on the software security and the services end, then so be it.

This is reality in the the business sector in 2016 whether we choose to accept it or not.
    04-06-16 10:20 AM
    I don't think Chen has failed or lied to anyone. He was quite clear when he stated his first and highest priority was getting the company to be solvent and having a long term revenue stream which is crucial in any business.

No manufacturer can continue to produce a product that no one is buying. Being from Detroit and involved in the auto industry, I seen first hand the results of doing this, it was bankruptcy for GM and Chrysler in 2008.

As I have said many times before, Chen's first loyalty is to the shareholders and if it means they have to get out of the hardware business and focus on the software security and the services end, then so be it.

This is reality in the the business sector in 2016 whether we choose to accept it or not.
    Since day 1 as CEO Blackberry devices gone from store shelves, Z30 never came out like Z10/Q10 to everyone, only true Blackberry lovers find the way of buying Z30, maybe we could start from here? If not Chen Z30 been competitive to all other devices, but it even couldn't stand a chance, same thing is with Classic & Passport, same thing is even with Priv. How the hell you want to sell something by 6 zero's by quantity if your product isn't even in the stores??

Chen knows how accounting software works, but not how sales actually is made, it is a fact and everyone can see this. Windows Phone with much worse ecosystem and without ART makes bigger sales then Blackberry how this even possible? I will tell you how.. you can find Windows Phones today everywhere in stores next to android and iOS devices but none BB10 devices and even none Priv "powered by android", that's it.
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 04-06-16 at 10:47 AM.
    pdizzle27 likes this.
    04-06-16 10:33 AM
    you can find Windows Phones today everywhere in stores next to android and iOS devices but none BB10 devices, that's it.
    News to me. None of my local Telus stores stock Windows 10 phones, nor is there even any displays with windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 10:46 AM

I love Chevy Impalas. If GM had a new CEO and said hey we bought OnStar and as CEO it's my job to save GM in anyway possible. Therefore we wont make any more Impalas. But GM will continue to exist because we have OnStsr and we are now that kind of company.

I'd like that CEO about as much as I like Chen. Maybe he saved GM in name only. But the Impala I have a passion for is dead. And oh yeah while the CEO is at it he didn't just kill the Impala. He named it the Chevy Toilet and also turned it into a spy machine and became a government snitch while he was at it.

At that point GM and it's history and what it means is dead. Just like BlackBerry.

What's confusing here is that BlackBerry is the name of the company and the phone. Chen needs to say BlackBerry is dead. We will respect the name for those who loved the once great handset. We are now Chen and Company and I'm the greatest CEO ever.

That way people like me no longer will bash Chen. Cause he is the CEO of a comapny no one gives a crap about anymore.

pdizzle27 likes this.
    04-06-16 10:55 AM

Blackberry had not produced a device they actually intended to sell in years. Why make a low end device targeted at India only and price yourself completely out of the low end? The rest of the world was left with the extremely niche passport and way beyond its prime Z30. The Classic was never targeted at the majority consumer for obvious reasons and it was also priced out of its own segment.
    People say "noone wants a Blackberry" but that is the effect.. not the cause. Give us a BB10 all touch device with good screen res and make it durable. Price it below $400 even if it has to run passport internals and it will outsell everything they have produced in the past 3 years.
    JulesDB likes this.
    04-06-16 11:26 AM
    I love Chevy Impalas. If GM had a new CEO and said hey we bought OnStar and as CEO it's my job to save GM in anyway possible. Therefore we wont make any more Impalas. But GM will continue to exist because we have OnStsr and we are now that kind of company.

I'd like that CEO about as much as I like Chen. Maybe he saved GM in name only. But the Impala I have a passion for is dead. And oh yeah while the CEO is at it he didn't just kill the Impala. He named it the Chevy Toilet and also turned it into a spy machine and became a government snitch while he was at it.

At that point GM and it's history and what it means is dead. Just like BlackBerry.

What's confusing here is that BlackBerry is the name of the company and the phone. Chen needs to say BlackBerry is dead. We will respect the name for those who loved the once great handset. We are now Chen and Company and I'm the greatest CEO ever.

That way people like me no longer will bash Chen. Cause he is the CEO of a comapny no one gives a crap about anymore.

Don't forget they would have to produce a new 140hp turbo 3 cylinder impala based on a Toyota corolla. People will foolishly argue that its still a Chevy Impala because of the bowtie and leaping impala logo.
    pdizzle27 likes this.
    04-06-16 11:31 AM

The impala was a terrible car. GM is a horrible company, just look at the ignition switch disaster. If BlackBerry phones could kill people I'm sure Chen would simply drop production, unlike GM lol
    gamegurl likes this.
    04-06-16 12:14 PM
    Crazy how often people make threads and how absolutely no clue of what they are talking about smh

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 01:02 PM
    Blackberry had not produced a device they actually intended to sell in years.
    You lose all credibility right there. Nobody, NOBODY intentionally spends the time and money to bring a product to market with the expectation that they will fail miserably. Typical crackberry tinfoil.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-06-16 01:29 PM
    You lose all credibility right there. Nobody, NOBODY intentionally spends the time and money to bring a product to market with the expectation that they will fail miserably. Typical crackberry tinfoil.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    You think Blackberry really expected big sales? They stopped trying years ago. They pretty much lazily went through the motions with pretty much noone at the helm. Blackberry has been like a brain dead patient taken off life support. The body is surviving because it was designed to do so but by no means is it healthy or recovering.
    You cant start a new trend without promotion, you cant join a trend without a compelling product, you cant sell to budget conscious consumers with an overpriced product.
    04-06-16 02:41 PM
    The impala was a terrible car. GM is a horrible company, just look at the ignition switch disaster. If BlackBerry phones could kill people I'm sure Chen would simply drop production, unlike GM lol
    Impala was pretty badass in the 90s. You cant say a 96 impala SS was a POS.
    Doggerz and Powdah like this.
    04-06-16 02:51 PM

I agree that if Blackberry is going to get out of the hardware business, then just come out and say it!! But that's not as easy as you might think, there are enterprises support contracts and other obligations that have to be factored in before that can happen.

As far as Blackberry being a tarnished brand, that happened long before Chen was hired and looking at the numbers, he has grown the software portion of the business and the hardware side has suffered which I blame on the previous management.

I hear folks scream and yell about advertising and promoting the Blackberry name, well I can tell you I try and preach it where ever I go here in the USA. The major hurtle is that the young generation who are now the ones buying the newer devices have never heard of Blackberry!!!

They where weened on Apple products in school and it was an easy transition to the iPhone. I am sorry to say that I honestly think the brand will never regain the reputation they once had and all the advertising in the world would not repair the damage the previous regime created.
    Doggerz and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-06-16 03:04 PM
    Here in Portugal is dificult to buy blackberry phones. The carriers doesn't support them and I had to buy a Z10 online. Since Day one with This OS, I told to my self that I wasn't going back to android. It's just the Best of all OS! Even if they kill the hardware part of the company, my final objective is to buy a passport...AND stick with it until the Day I die! Even my old 64Gb playbook, with MORE than 200 games installed, beats some Android tablets, AND my sons love it! Maybe the Best isn't allways what the people want...

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:35 PM
    Read between the lines and see april 2017, last update becuase they gone let BlackBerry 10 slowly die. without new device it's pretty over and forgot about BB10 and enjoy one last year and move on.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:40 PM
    Even if they kill the hardware part of the company, my final objective is to buy a passport...AND stick with it until the Day I die!
    It will (hopefully) cease working long before you die.
    04-06-16 04:10 PM
    Everyone complaining about Chen really should read this book:

I'm tired of Chen lies!-gopego_losin_the_signal_big_640x360.jpg

Losing the Signal: The Spectacular Rise and Fall of BlackBerry
    by Jacquie McNish and Sean Silcoff

The book explains quite well what happened to BB hardware, and everything important happened before Chen was even hired. If you want to understand this whole thing at all, you really need to give it a read.

Amazon.com: Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry (0884919251766): Jacquie McNish, Sean Silcoff: Books
    04-06-16 07:35 PM
    I'd respect Chen more if he just finished killing BlackBerry.
    Well, you might respect Chen if he did that, but the shareholders would probably sue him, right?
    JeepBB and Blacklatino like this.
    04-06-16 07:48 PM
    Give us a BB10 all touch device with good screen res and make it durable. Price it below $400 even if it has to run passport internals and it will outsell everything they have produced in the past 3 years.
    Unfortunately they can't even do that anymore since they sacked most of their engineers and programmers and the rest are stuck on Priv.

I feel the OP's pain. So much could have been done with BB10. It was meant for better things. Chen talked a good game, but all the pretty speeches have an expiration date if there isn't action to back those words up with. And we are now at that expiration date. Now let's see how long before his pretty speeches start to stink. This post is an indication, lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 08:52 PM
    Impala was pretty badass in the 90s. You cant say a 96 impala SS was a POS.
    I have a 96 Impala SS! She's a garage queen but I still get people who walk up and ask about it when I have her out and about. Really wish they'd do the name some justice and come out with a modern version of it.

04-07-16 01:37 AM
    Everyone complaining about Chen really should read this book:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gopego_losin_the_signal_big_640x360.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	396362

Losing the Signal: The Spectacular Rise and Fall of BlackBerry
    by Jacquie McNish and Sean Silcoff

The book explains quite well what happened to BB hardware, and everything important happened before Chen was even hired. If you want to understand this whole thing at all, you really need to give it a read.

Amazon.com: Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry (0884919251766): Jacquie McNish, Sean Silcoff: Books
    Amen!!
    04-07-16 04:21 AM
    News to me. None of my local Telus stores stock Windows 10 phones, nor is there even any displays with windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    Not in Canada, but elsewhere I saw many Windows phones on display.
    For example in Japan, where you cannot find any BlackBerry in the electronics stores at Shinjuku station in Tokyo, the most famous place for electronics.
    dolco likes this.
    04-07-16 05:23 AM
41 12