Obviously I am terribly obsessive of my BlackBerry , otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum .

Basically I was walking with a lot of books and bags in my hand from school so I had to resort to carrying my BB in my mouth , sad I know , its a bad habit I have to stop .:S

All was fine and dandy , until I saw a couple of girls turn around while they were walking look at me , and turn back round again .

Its like they have registered that I have a BlackBerry + that *gulp* they may want to steal it .

I'm so scared and nervous about my BlackBerry now after this event .

Any Advice ? ? + Please don't say they probably won't steal it cos I think they have a reputation .

Appreciated ! !
    02-09-10 11:09 AM
    dont know if youre male or female, but how about putting it in your purse, or your pocket. If that doesnt work, get a Rotweiller
    02-09-10 11:26 AM
    back pak

you have a brain now come on use it j/k but seriously get a backpack
    02-09-10 11:29 AM
    maybe they were looking at you because you had your bb in your mouth?? but yeah. put it in your pocket or something.
    02-09-10 11:34 AM
    I would expect somebody to get strange looks if he had his phone in his mouth.

It would fit nicely in a backpack or in a pocket.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-09-10 11:46 AM
    get a gun. if they steal your blackberry blow their legs off so they can't run.
    Then, walk over (dont run, its not graceful) and retrieve it like a proud blackberry owner should. if you get arrested, im sure there will be a whole bunch of blackberry fiends and other activists there to picket outside your trial. In short, don't let anyone <censored> with your blackberry.

or get a program like smrt guard and an insurance policy on it (im not sure if orange uk offers it but they should)
    02-09-10 05:48 PM
    Don't worry about the phone, you are describing a personal safety problem - and if you fix that you fix the risk to the phone at the same time. The best plan is to reduce the risk by carrying your phone less visibly and somewhere it is not easy to snatch. Pocket, belt, bag, anything like that will make street robbery or accidental drop less likely.

SmrtGuard is a good plan "B" if it does go wrong, but the best solution is to remove avoidable risk and not need to fall back on plan "B".

If you are carrying heavy loads of books I would also support the suggestion of a backpack. It keeps your hands free and reduces the risk of back injury from unbalanced loads. I've tried back pain, once you have an injury it could be with you for life and it's not fun.
    02-09-10 06:28 PM
    I'm pretty sure they were staring at your for walking around with a phone in your mouth.
    02-09-10 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD