I think "hate" is way too strong a word.

I think many are making fun of RIM and are laughing at them - not necessarily "hating" them.

The reason there's this attitude with RIM?...

Many people like seeing a company on top fall. However, A LOT more people LOVE seeing a company on top who's been complacent and arrogant fall hard. The second scenario describes RIM and many people's reason for their attitude towards them.
    07-29-12 08:14 PM
    ....and for all your attempts to come off as intelligent and well reasoned you just
    proved how absolutely ignorant you really are.

No point you made before or after that merits attention.
    wow @amazinglygraceless your hot today
    07-29-12 08:14 PM
    Apple makes better toys and is viewed by the public as their friend not a business. RIM is a cellular device company that supports big business and the media brands them evil. The public in general isn't very bright when it comes to these matters and has set their priorities according to silly things.
    Proof of this is when Charlie Sheen left a tv show and it was all over the media, but no media about troops fighting in two countries.
    You need to post more often crackberry need minds like yours
    07-29-12 08:16 PM
    my cousin is a high functioning autistic and he's the go to guy for any angry birds level. and a coworkers son uses an iPad as a learning tool, but has also found angry birds to be a good outlet. I didn't mean any offense by what I said, my apologies if it came off that way.

thanks for everyone actually giving a real answer. I wasn't aware that RIM devs actually viewed these forums..I guess I thought there were all hard at work on BB10.

and I guess my real question wasn't about the hate towards the phones..moreso the company itself. people constantly act like RIM was a good friend who slept with their wife. granted, I've only just recently been looking into the business aspect of it.

everything I say should come with a disclaimer that I'm completely insane but that doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

seriously, I've yet to meet an autistic kid who wasn't anything short of fantastic at one video game.
    07-29-12 08:27 PM

seriously, I've yet to meet an autistic kid who wasn't anything short of fantastic at one video game.
    Honestly, I can't really argue that notion. M2k immediately comes to mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-12 08:40 PM
    my cousin is a high functioning autistic and he's the go to guy for any angry birds level. and a coworkers son uses an iPad as a learning tool, but has also found angry birds to be a good outlet. I didn't mean any offense by what I said, my apologies if it came off that way.

thanks for everyone actually giving a real answer. I wasn't aware that RIM devs actually viewed these forums..I guess I thought there were all hard at work on BB10.

and I guess my real question wasn't about the hate towards the phones..moreso the company itself. people constantly act like RIM was a good friend who slept with their wife. granted, I've only just recently been looking into the business aspect of it.

everything I say should come with a disclaimer that I'm completely insane but that doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

I accept your apology, just be careful how you word things when it comes to touchy subjects. Back to the original topic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    cooter55 likes this.
    07-29-12 08:51 PM
    you totally missed the point mister smart as s

Apple turned a phone into a multimedia tool, the iPhone isn't a very good tool for communication, it does the stuff but not as well as a others do them.
    I beg to differ sir, and I'll tell you why. The current iPhone has one of the most sensitive antenna's in the smartphone world. If you don't believe me, read the Anandtech article about the iPhone 4S and he has exact numbers. From his chart, I see the Samsung Droid Change actually has the most sensitive antenna, although in a naturally held position, it's a couple of HTC phones and the iPhone 3GS.

AnandTech - Apple iPhone 4S: Thoroughly Reviewed

Furthermore, iPhone introduced the concept of the threaded text message, a feature that has been copied in almost all smartphones now. Smartphone manufacturers all pay Apple a licensing fee to copy that feature since Apple patented the out of it.

As for email, push email is ubiquitous, so it's not a big factor anymore. Some say BB on BES pushes emails faster than Exchange Activesync, which might be true, but BB still has problems rendering HTML email and photos sent to BB are compressed, which tends to reduce quality. I haven't had a BB in a while, so I don't know if it still chokes on 10MB attachments, but it did before, and still might be the case. So you decide with is important to you, proper rendering of emails, or email that arrives a few seconds or minutes faster. Also, BB outages don't affect people not on BIS/BES.

Finally, there's BBM. BBM is RIM's killer app and in emerging markets, it's the single most important reason people buy a BB. Honestly though, it's importance in NA and Europe isn't as great since there are alternatives. iPhone has iMessage, which works just as well and is easier to set up.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 07-29-12 at 09:06 PM.
    07-29-12 09:01 PM
    Next thing you'll tell us is that they're all good at blackjack too.
    07-29-12 09:04 PM
    Its not hate for the company. Its more of us calling them out for being the lazy sitting on their laurels mor*ns that let iphone and android take them down from being kings to being the laughing stock of the mobile world. Rather then continue to innovate they laughed at and called out compition for being garbage and toys. Look at where they are now, I guess karma is a b*tch. Lets face it they did this to themselves and if they expect people to come back to them after they continue to lie and spin tales while they delay after delay their new product lunch not to mention serious updates to the playbook. It would be truly comical if it wasn't so sad.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-12 09:09 PM
    These threads are generally painful at best. This one exceeds the Excedrin limit. Ya'll made up.

The end
    07-29-12 09:11 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD