This is just personal and I hate everyone and half of this was just made up in my head so yeah.

First and foremost, I keep seeing comparisons between iPhone's and anything that runs on droid and IMHO, it's not fair.

Apple isn't marketing a smartphone, they marketed an iLife. The more I talk to their users, it's mostly the connectivity that they use to defend their purchase. Taking a photo and having it beamed to cloud service for access on their iPad or Macbook, , that goes for just about everything. But RIM just makes phones, until the Playbook came out and even that is kinda focused on being an extension of the phone anyhow. The only other reason I've heard behind someone getting an iPhone is brand loyalty. Which ties into the whole cloud idea anyhow.

In terms of droid, it's an operating system, not a phone [well, besides the motorola one but that's not the point]. Damn near every phone is a "smartphone" now, and walking into any place that sells them will show you that. The days of the little flip phones for $0 with a contract are over, they're now producing upgraded versions of that so now everyone has some basic smartphone capabilities. And tot hat effect, people want apps. No company will ever commit the suicide of deciding to release their phone on a brand new os platform when they could easily just jump on board with android and tap into their giant wealth of them. In short, I view android as a new filler operating system that powers the new generation of flip phones.

That definitely beckons the question.."well, who is left to compare to?"
    well....no one really, haha. Not many companies produce both hardware and software for phones, and stick to just phones. RIM is one of the bigger names that I know of to do that, and with the exception of the tablet there's no BlackBook Pro or RIM Search Engine or anything like that coming out soon. They're definitely unique in that respect so they deserve some credit.

Secondly, this split focus consumer marketing crap. It's stupid.

I got my first blackberry 5 years ago, and it was a curve 8330, and it was the best phone I had ever touched. I knew it was marketed as a business phone, and that's what appealed to me. Productivity. Efficiency. I remember never having to charge it, ever, it ran on magic. As I got the new Bold, the biggest outcry I've heard is the app ecosystem. And while I can see how some autistic kids can be literally addicted to playing angry birds all day every day, but is it really that important? I can read pdfs and make office documents and check 3 different email accounts and be texting 5 people while on bbm reading wiki articles and people want to whine about games? I have a PS3. I don't need a 2.99$ game to play while I'm in a grocery store running into other customers, I'd rather read and learn something.

I see plenty of whining about what BlackBerries can't do, and what they're lacking, and I see people defending it with "that's on it's way" or "actually, it can" or "that's literally impossible to do" but I don't see anyone posting about all the stuff it CAN do. And people whining about how their phone doesn't work...GET A NEW ONE. I've had the 9930 for almost and year and it's worked beautifully. Go to a store, and get one. Want BB10? Then shut up and wait, and don't say how a company lied to you because they ran into some trouble redeveloping an OS from the ground up, to try and make all the pixels prettier so you can see a hi-res picture of axel rose.

In fact, if anyone wants to whine about the features they don't have, build your own. Go to the beach, get some sand, mash it into silicone and make some microprocessors and code an entire OS and make some apps to populate your little "ecosystem" and see how many people want to praise how well your junky phone is.

And on top of that, I'll gladly pay top dollar for any RIM phone over any others. Part of why I have supported RIM throughout my life is their dedication against the use of conflict minerals. Take that Apple & Droid.
    07-29-12 05:49 PM
    Prediction: this thread will be moved and short lived.
    h20work likes this.
    07-29-12 05:56 PM
    If i were you i wouldn't attempt to understand the stupidity people do on the internet to make themselves feel better. EX: "Bashing a person because they rather use a product that helps them be productive."
    07-29-12 05:58 PM
    I read it. Dunno why.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    07-29-12 05:59 PM
    And while I can see how some autistic kids can be literally addicted to playing angry birds all day every day, but is it really that important? I can read pdfs and make office documents and check 3 different email accounts and be texting 5 people while on bbm reading wiki articles and people want to whine about games? I have a PS3. I don't need a 2.99$ game to play while I'm in a grocery store running into other customers, I'd rather read and learn something.
    ....and for all your attempts to come off as intelligent and well reasoned you just
    proved how absolutely ignorant you really are.

No point you made before or after that merits attention.
    h20work and Blacklatino like this.
    07-29-12 06:20 PM
    Lol nice rant. I do the same thing only i dont do it publicly.. We all know what a berry can do and the more we argue the more we get pissed being bone heads are to into what others say or the media says or the shiney gadgets offered on othe platforms. As far as im concerned RIM is still the oy company that understands what a phone is but apple changed the way consumers use them
    07-29-12 06:28 PM
    And while I can see how some autistic kids can be literally addicted to playing angry birds all day every day, but is it really that important?
    Hate to burst your bubble, but not many autistic kids play Angry Birds.
    07-29-12 06:33 PM
    As far as im concerned RIM is still the oy company that understands what a phone is but apple changed the way consumers use them
    very true,hit the nail on the head.
    07-29-12 06:34 PM
    Hate to burst your bubble, but not many autistic kids play Angry Birds.
    Angry Birds was the only reason my 7yo wanted an ipod touch.
    07-29-12 06:36 PM
    As far as im concerned RIM is still the oy company that understands what a phone is but apple changed the way consumers use them
    Not sure how you do it but, even before iPhone, I was putting the speaker to my ear, and the microphone to my mouth. I still do that with my iPhone.
    07-29-12 06:37 PM
    Angry Birds was the only reason my 7yo wanted an ipod touch.
    Is he autistic?
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    07-29-12 06:38 PM
    Apple makes better toys and is viewed by the public as their friend not a business. RIM is a cellular device company that supports big business and the media brands them evil. The public in general isn't very bright when it comes to these matters and has set their priorities according to silly things.
    Proof of this is when Charlie Sheen left a tv show and it was all over the media, but no media about troops fighting in two countries.
    Jawnie5 likes this.
    07-29-12 06:41 PM
    Is he autistic?
    lord no,he is not autistic.
    07-29-12 06:45 PM
    First and foremost, I keep seeing comparisons between iPhone's and anything that runs on droid and IMHO, it's not fair.
    Hate to tell you guy, life ain't fair.
    07-29-12 06:51 PM
    Apple makes better toys and is viewed by the public as their friend not a business. RIM is a cellular device company that supports big business and the media brands them evil. The public in general isn't very bright when it comes to these matters and has set their priorities according to silly things.
    Proof of this is when Charlie Sheen left a tv show and it was all over the media, but no media about troops fighting in two countries.
    yea apple gave the public what they wanted.RIM made a great CEO and heads of state phone.
    sounds like to me you are watching the wrong channel on tv.
    07-29-12 06:52 PM

In fact, if anyone wants to whine about the features they don't have, build your own. Go to the beach, get some sand, mash it into silicone and make some microprocessors and code an entire OS and make some apps to populate your little "ecosystem" and see how many people want to praise how well your junky phone is.
    Some people did exactly that. They're collective known as Apple, Samsung, HTC, and a few other names.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-29-12 06:55 PM
    I don't hate RIM,but i would like to jailbreak it.
    07-29-12 07:02 PM
    Not sure how you do it but, even before iPhone, I was putting the speaker to my ear, and the microphone to my mouth. I still do that with my iPhone.
    you totally missed the point mister smart as s

Apple turned a phone into a multimedia tool, the iPhone isn't a very good tool for communication, it does the stuff but not as well as a others do them. where the iPhone shines is as a took for games video watching and picture taking
    07-29-12 07:25 PM
    This is the worst thread I've seen in awhile. More due to the responses to the OP than the OP. But the race was close.
    07-29-12 07:32 PM
    I should be leaving this thread alone....lol

I am sure you would have envoked less harsh responses Mr. OP if you had of left out the word "autistic". Oh well, live and learn.

Your basic thought is similar to other posts, if you want to game then use a PS3/Xbox not an iPhone. Nuff said.

I think most iPhone/Android users that put BB down do so because they have a subpar communication tool...
    07-29-12 07:41 PM
    you totally missed the point mister smart as s

Apple turned a phone into a multimedia tool, the iPhone isn't a very good tool for communication, it does the stuff but not as well as a others do them. where the iPhone shines is as a took for games video watching and picture taking
    I know plenty of people that communicate fine using an iphone...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-12 07:46 PM
    ....and for all your attempts to come off as intelligent and well reasoned you just
    proved how absolutely ignorant you really are.

No point you made before or after that merits attention.
    Thank you. My thoughts exactly what a ignorant and sickening comment you douch bag. My daughter is a high functioning autistic child and you op sir have lost all respect in my eyes. You insensitive d*ck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-12 07:54 PM
    Very well said mate. THUMBS up!
    07-29-12 08:00 PM
    Now that I have gotten that off my chest. Its not that we hate on Rim. We know that alot of RIM staff and management read these forums and Crackberry. By pointing out BBs deficiencies and problems in attracting the consumer. We are hoping they listen and actually release something half decent. That's my intent anyways, I might of moved on from BBs but I want RIM to service and be huge again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-12 08:04 PM
    The op hasn't returned and this thread is turning into the flame fest that I'm sure they were hoping for.
    07-29-12 08:12 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD