Crackberry.com is for Blackberry users~ Droids and iphones have NUTHING on a Berry..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Word
    I agree
    11-15-09 07:11 PM
    But that's if I get the droid right now I'm pretty sure ill get the iphone3gs and I won't complain about it because everything is updated as well as the speaker. All of the other problems on the iphone can be fixed by jail breaking it.

You really think that if you get the iPhone you won't complain? I was a store manager for Cingular/ AT&T for 6 1/2 years I had all three iPhones. Dropped calls, email not loading, signal not great....just to name a few. But hey you will have a cool phone that millions of other people have. Kind of reminds me of that really neat looking toy in the gum ball machine.
    11-15-09 07:24 PM
    Wow. A former at&t store manager on Verizon! That says it all.
    11-15-09 07:30 PM
    Wow. A former at&t store manager on Verizon! That says it all.
    Yup! I can tell you I have yet to drop a call on Verizon's Network since the switch. I am not by any means saying that Verizon is perfect, just a much better service than AT&T
    11-15-09 07:32 PM
    Crackberry.com is for Blackberry users~ Droids and iphones have NUTHING on a Berry..

Hold up, don't be bashing the iPhone hard like that. It DOMINATES the BlackBerry in a few categories; media player, interface, hardware specs, games and apps (increasing the potential functions enormously).

I'm currently using both an iPhone 3GS and a BlackBerry 9700.

Since I got my BlackBerry, it has been my phone/email/sms/instant messaging device of choice.

My iPhone still is better for web browsing, music, video, games and fun apps. I just love being able to download podcasts easily and quickly on my busy days.

Both are great phones, it just depends on what is important to you.

The BlackBerry is still the better PHONE and messaging device, it's just that the iPhone does all the fun things and web browsing much better than any BB.
    11-15-09 07:39 PM
    Hold up, don't be bashing the iPhone hard like that. It DOMINATES the BlackBerry in a few categories; media player, interface, hardware specs, games and apps (increasing the potential functions enormously).

I'm currently using both an iPhone 3GS and a BlackBerry 9700.

Since I got my BlackBerry, it has been my phone/email/sms/instant messaging device of choice.

My iPhone still is better for web browsing, music, video, games and fun apps. I just love being able to download podcasts easily and quickly on my busy days.

Both are great phones, it just depends on what is important to you.

The BlackBerry is still the better PHONE and messaging device, it's just that the iPhone does all the fun things and web browsing much better than any BB.

iTouch for entertainment at home, BlackBerry to get things done.
    11-15-09 07:48 PM
    Personally I think the iphone does all of the above not as well as the blackberry but that's just a matter of time. Since the release of the droid and what its capable of doing and with the release of flash in 2010. Apple can't hold back anymore or their just going to screw them selfs over in the long run. With that in mind gives them an idea on what to do with the iphone 4g most likely adding a slide out keyboard etc..

11-16-09 01:00 AM
    For some reason... I don't see a keyboard with the 4th generation iphone. I would like to, but don't see it.

11-16-09 08:47 AM
    I don't see why they wouldn't tho. A lot of people hated the iphone because there was no sliding keyboard. Like myself I didn't mind it but it still sucks when using landscape mode the whole screen disappears. Always wondering if you spelling was correct or if you were even in the txt box etc... But we'll see what apples does

11-16-09 09:06 AM
    I don't mean to bump this thread but I got a chance to play with the 9700 today. There's not to much of a diff between my 8300 and the 9700. All I saw was a newer keyboard a faster os and the new trackpad which I must say is a nice improvement but otherwise blackberry has changed at all. I also played with the htc tilt 2 which in my eye is a lot better then the bb and so there for I'm getting rid of mine and going with a htc

11-28-09 06:29 PM
    IPod Touch for games, entertainment etc and BB for the important stuff:-)

11-28-09 07:28 PM
    That's what I thought but the stream on the bb looks like crap. Its a lot better on the iphone and htc

11-28-09 07:38 PM
    ^You seem to like any new non blackberry phone your around at the moment, When you finally get the iphone that you have been talking highly of will you rant about it on certain days when you come across another phone? Enjoy your choice - /thread
    11-28-09 07:57 PM
    I don't mean to bump this thread but I got a chance to play with the 9700 today. There's not to much of a diff between my 8300 and the 9700. All I saw was a newer keyboard a faster os and the new trackpad which I must say is a nice improvement but otherwise blackberry has changed at all. I also played with the htc tilt 2 which in my eye is a lot better then the bb and so there for I'm getting rid of mine and going with a htc

So all that was better was:

1. Improved processor;
    2. More memory;
    3. Newer kb;
    4. New trackpad - "nice improvement"

Did you expect revolution? How different are the original iPhones from the 3GS, except for 3G connectivity (which should have been in the original), a speaker (which should have been in the original), and... MMS (which should have been in the original.) Has the UI changed? No. Can you do true multi-tasking? No. Can you configure 5 pull accounts and 1 Exchange account (push) without seeing your sealed (eg: non-swappable) battery die in 3 hours? No.

RIM excels in incremental improvements because *gasp* they need to ensure their modifications don't negatively impact security, among other things. Keep in mind that most US governmental agencies issue BlackBerrys to their staff, so security is a little more important to RIM's business model than it is to Apple's, who need to push out frequent updates to patch security holes.

BB isn't for everyone, just like iPhone/Droid/Pre/etc isn't for everyone. You need to pick the device that best suits your needs. My needs center on email and voice, with texting and "fun stuff" falling a distant second. If I want fast browsing I use one of my Macs. If I want to play a game, ditto. I'd rather burn my battery responding immediately to my clients' needs than as a result of streaming youtube. But that's me. It really sounds like you're looking for every reason possible to drop your BB. If so, there's no problem with that. No one will bash you for that. But your critiques of RIM's products fall a little short and, IMO, sounds like justification and/or pot stirring. But that's just my impression.
    11-28-09 07:57 PM
    ^You seem to like any new non blackberry phone your around at the moment, When you finally get the iphone that you have been talking highly of will you rant about it on certain days when you come across another phone? Enjoy your choice - /thread
    I've had the iphone all ready but I'm sure ill be going to to an htc or the new dell streak.

11-28-09 08:17 PM
    [QUOTE=jlsparks;4193756]So all that was better was:

1. Improved processor;
    2. More memory;
    3. Newer kb;

I hear you but its just that bb has been in the game for so long and rim hasnt done anything new to their devices besides upgrade the processors. Since the release of the iphone they've added a touch screen which didn't do well and a app store so thank apple for those. Now rim has to get their **** in gear or otherwise you'll just fall behind. What's bb really know for.. mtasking and push email its not enough in todays day and age

11-28-09 08:41 PM
    the only thing i hate about my berry is the lack of personal memory management; when all other mobile platforms allow the user to manage the memory RIM is still lagging behind;come on RIM get up to date
    11-28-09 11:29 PM
    [QUOTE=BlackBerryUserBB;4193941]
    So all that was better was:

1. Improved processor;
    2. More memory;
    3. Newer kb;

I hear you but its just that bb has been in the game for so long and rim hasnt done anything new to their devices besides upgrade the processors. Since the release of the iphone they've added a touch screen which didn't do well and a app store so thank apple for those. Now rim has to get their **** in gear or otherwise you'll just fall behind. What's bb really know for.. mtasking and push email its not enough in todays day and age

If you really think a 9700 running 5.0 is anything like a 8300 running 4.2 then you didn't spend enough time around the phone. the iphone is a gimmick. If there was no touch screen it would completely fail. Not to mention apple has one of the biggest fanboy followings. I'd even go as far as to say 80% of iphone users got it to look cool.

11-29-09 12:27 AM
    Call the 8330 Curve ancient, BUT, I can tell you that I run my business with it! I deal with multi-lingual clients, an ever evolving schedule, and a multi-faceted market and my Curve is right there with me in the grind!! The only reason I am thinking of getting a Storm 2, is due to the fact that my business might take me abroad in the near future. Till then, I can deal with the lack of the Global feature on my Blackberry.
    11-29-09 05:44 AM
    Doubt it lol.. Don't get me wrong I like bb but their way behind the others
    Looks to me like the only person needs convincing of anything is yourself. If you don't feel Blackberry is holding up their end of the deal then you should have quietly just switched. The only reason posts like this are ever made is to try and encite others to comment so you can have some satisfaction that you stirred the pot. If that were not the case, you wouldn't have reposted in your dead thread. Don't bother trying to convince anyone otherwise, you can't.

I still suppose though, this will elicit a response from you telling me how you just want to spread the word or some other message to spare us all from the evils of the Blackberry. Just understand this, although you're entitled to your opinion on the device this forum was started for and named after, the rest of us do not have to put any merit or value on any opinions we choose not to including, and particularly, yours in this case.

Enjoy your HTC, Iphone, Droid, or whatever it is and simply let this thread die. You have accomplished nothing by starting it other than to get an argument going.

Congratulations, you were partly successful with your post.
    11-29-09 10:34 AM
    [QUOTE=lilro;4194874]
    I'd even go as far as to say 80% of iphone users got it to look cool.

And I'd go as far as to say that 80% of Blackberry users got it to look important.
    11-29-09 10:58 AM
    im sorry bud but i cant just let this thread die just yet lol. so i finally got a new phone and i chose the htc tilt2 and so far its a great phone. ive been reading the forums and seeing people wanting to make the switch to a tilt2 and i must say if your getting tired of blackberry its a must go.

12-26-09 11:36 PM
    Why would anyone give up on a BlackBerry My Curve 8310 was a lot like that but I rebooted it everyday and that made it work smoothly and my 8800 had the same memory and same apps and stuff and it never lagged as much but I rebooted it every 2 days but why bash BB I used to love Motorola but after my Q9h I decided to get a 8800 and have never looked back since and also people who give up easily are not very committed people they give up at one sign of a problem and also the BB is amazing for music the sound on the 8800 and 9700 are amazing you just had the worst probs and no one told you to reboot it everyday or before you go to bed and the 9700 is amazing I love the Droid and am kind thinking of getting it as my second phone but I love the G1 and was thinking of getting that one but BlackBerry is my #1 choice and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me and even though the 8800 is really old we wouldn't have the Bold and 9700 without it (we'll we would but we wouldn't have had the experience of a full non spaced curve style keyboard until late 2008)
    Hope you are happy with your Droid

01-06-10 08:17 PM
    Still even with the curve it shouldnt be lagging a lot like u have said and yes bbs r known for the hour glass. Heck try opening crackberry full site even on a 9700 and go to the homescreen and try and do so.ethingelse most of thetime ull get an hour glass cuz the browser sucks and so does the bbs and the way they multi task.

So yes they all do it and it is annoying thanks y I gave upon my 9700 lags even hough Its supposed to be fast.

Another reason y I have given up on bbs

01-06-10 09:08 PM
    Well... it does happen, but it happens for a reason.

The spinning hour glass means Sun Java is servicing a high priority task, you have to wait for it to finish.

The most common high priority task is dealing with low memory, particularly on the 64 Mb Pearl and Curves.

The solution is simple, optimize the memory. Get rid of the memory space consuming samples and keep your free memory in the usable range. Once you have it optimized, it should run smoothly.

Is the BlackBerry the right smart phone for you? Perhaps not.

If your primary use is Internet Browsing, listening to music or viewing video clips and playing games there are other smart phones that excel.

If your time is important and you use Email or messaging to stay connected and earn a living, there is only one choice, BlackBerry.
    i cannot agree more with this post. If you need to stay connected there's only one device - BB.
    01-06-10 11:44 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD