So yesterday, I was cleaning the floor and being good, giving a good hand scrubbing. I wasn't thinking and stood up to grab the pot full of water and my S2 went for a swim I couldn't believe it! I ripped off the battery cover to get it out and immediately got it into rice. Over 24 hours later, my poor baby turns on but I can't click anything on the right side. I can make calls at least, as long as I don't need to dial extensions.

But when I went into my local Verizon store to ask how much my deductible is, the rep said $89 and change . Luckily, he was wrong and when I made my claim this morning, it was the expected $50 . So by Monday I will have my replacement. But what the heck am I going to do without my beloved Berry for (gulp) 4 days?? I do have a question though. If I can't successfully wipe my phone is there any other way to do it than directly from the phone? Also, is it ok to swap out my SIM and memory card so I can keep them? Or do they expect me to return all original equipment that came with the phone?
    12-24-09 05:12 PM
    you lucked out on the deductible - data phones are usually 89 bucks

if the claim is through assurian you will be able to take your sim, memo card and battery and just send the phone and battery cover back
    12-24-09 05:54 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation!
    12-24-09 07:25 PM
    Wow! I feel for ya! To my knowledge there is no way to wipe her other than from the device, but double check w/ tech support or here in the forums. I would get a new SIM card definitely. They'll do it for free @ the store and they way they swap them is quick and easy. As far as the media card you might try it out and see if it works in the new handheld, but honestly idk if I'd chance it :-( Unfortunately water damage is unpredictable and who knows if it may cause power issues w/in your new device.

Good Luck =-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 09:03 PM
    Thanks rlindydiane. I wouldn't have thought that the memory card might be damaged or cause damage to the new phone. I will definitely talk to tech support before I do that!
    12-26-09 12:28 PM
    Absolutely! Anytime! Keep us posted and let us know how it goes
    12-27-09 07:21 PM
    Still waiting for the UPS man! Jeff, a forums moderator, said that the worst the SIM or memory card could do is to just not work. He said it shouldn't cause any damage to my phone, they are both dry...they have been sitting out of the phone for 4 and 5 days respectively. I will let you know how it goes once the phone gets here.
    12-28-09 12:49 PM
    12-28-09 01:43 PM
    Well guys n gals, my replacement came after waiting 5 days with no BB and I started jumping when the UPS truck finally got here. Then I opened the box, turned it on and...the call button doesn't work and there is no click whatsoever. So I went to Verizon and they are shipping a BRAND NEW one and it will be here tomorrow. The saga continues...
    12-28-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD