People have accused me of being addicted to my BB. Okay, that's fine. I won't deny it. But the thing that turns me on the most about my BB (that's right, I went there) is text messaging.

How many times do you text a day?

I believe mine is 200+. That doesn't include e-mails.

I'll admit I walk & text, eat & text, talk to someone in person while texting someone else, talk on the phone & text someone else, text without looking, and lastly, text & drive. I've heard every sermon there is about why we SHOULDN'T text & drive, but I'm addicted, remember?
    10-07-08 09:39 PM
    I text pretty much all day too, I hope when u say texting while driving you mean at stoplights only! I love my phone but I don't think its worth getting into an accident over.
    Oh and to answer ur question I send about 70-100 texts a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 12:32 AM
    i'm just getting into the texting always looking for new text folks
    add me
    10-08-08 03:15 AM
    i average between 10,000 to 13,000 SMS a month according to my last couple bills. That doesn't include BBMessenger and other data applications obviously. I think i've lost all feeling in my thumbs. And to think, until I came out of my year hiatus from BlackBerry, I was using T9 most of the time. lol
    10-08-08 04:48 AM
    I have a 500 sms limit on my package (we dont have unlimited in South Africa) otherwise I'd be doing the same ...

i do ahuge amount of BBM and Google Talk though ... pretty much all day!
    10-08-08 05:41 AM
    i'd recommend therapy
    10-08-08 07:28 AM
    i'd recommend therapy
    I've considered that. But that would involve giving my thumbs a break. And that's just insane.
    10-08-08 01:29 PM
    I got in an accident cause that person was texting while driving. All I can say is...STUPID!!!

10-08-08 01:36 PM
    I too have a text problem I'm pushing 200+ as well but oh well I get bored!

10-08-08 01:39 PM
    i am addicted to my bb and i do about 5000 text a month and thats not the addiction that i have for the bbm ...omg... i love talking to other people in other states and continents... i cant live without my bbm... yayyyy.. Thank God for unlimited text/data otherwise i would be broke every month lol
    10-08-08 01:40 PM
    Hmm. I love my Blackberry, too... But is saying that you are "addicted" really an excuse to put other peoples' lives, not to mention your own, in jeopardy by texting and driving? Sorry to get all serious here, folks, but let's wake up.
    10-08-08 01:42 PM
    Hmm. I love my Blackberry, too... But is saying that you are "addicted" really an excuse to put other peoples' lives, not to mention your own, in jeopardy by texting and driving? Sorry to get all serious here, folks, but let's wake up.
    You're absolutely right. But even the most addicted of those with such an addiction need to always be courteous when other's lives are at stake. This is why if I am driving, I will only use SMS under one of three conditions:

1. If I am at a red light
    2. If I am on a residential road where I can easily pull to the side and stop
    3. (Only if I really have to) If I am on a long straight road with no one anywhere close to me. (Because I can type correctly on my BB without looking at it)

It's not worth it otherwise. I'll respond to the hoards when I reach my destination. It's the reason I usually end up sitting in my car for about 5 minutes after parking. lol
    10-08-08 01:47 PM
    You're absolutely right. But even the most addicted of those with such an addiction need to always be courteous when other's lives are at stake. This is why if I am driving, I will only use SMS under one of three conditions:

1. If I am at a red light
    2. If I am on a residential road where I can easily pull to the side and stop
    3. (Only if I really have to) If I am on a long straight road with no one anywhere close to me. (Because I can type correctly on my BB without looking at it)

It's not worth it otherwise. I'll respond to the hoards when I reach my destination. It's the reason I usually end up sitting in my car for about 5 minutes after parking. lol
    Well, at least you are safe about it. That is a plus.

One of my best friends has a little brother who is 14. Avid skateboarder, smart as h*ll, just an all-around awesome kid. Eight months ago, a truck T-Boned the car he was in at an intersection. When the driver of the truck jumped out to see if the passengers in Augustine's vehicle were all right, apparently the first words out of his mouth were, "Oh my God I'm so sorry - I was texting."

Augustine has been in a coma ever since and will never have any life outside of being a vegetable.

Now - tell me how addicted you all are to your device.
    10-08-08 02:14 PM

One of my best friends has a little brother who is 14. Avid skateboarder, smart as h*ll, just an all-around awesome kid. Eight months ago, a truck T-Boned the car he was in at an intersection. When the driver of the truck jumped out to see if the passengers in Augustine's vehicle were all right, apparently the first words out of his mouth were, "Oh my God I'm so sorry - I was texting."

Augustine has been in a coma ever since and will never have any life outside of being a vegetable.

There are just no words that can follow that up. I'm really sorry to hear that. And I hope that truck driver suffers for the rest of his life for what he has done.
    10-08-08 02:19 PM
    Ditto sista! Don't mean to flame here but one of my pet peeves is all the "NO cell phones while driving" legislation. This new legislation attacks mobile device users in a way that no other group has to put up with.

There were already existing "Distracted Driving" laws on the books everywhere which cover tada.......distracted driving.

This would include: "coffee and doughnut time", "hair and makup time", and all the other stupid stuff people do while driving. I say write the tickets!

What's my point you say.................?

Texting is my point. Because of texting, all cell phone use has been combined into one big group. So now, in some areas people can use their phones in their cars--even with a headset--while watching the road.

Yes, yes I know there's lots of politics involved--but they have plenty of real examples of this stuff to trot out and make their case.

Ok, rant is over. Let the "you are a mean man" comments fly.
    10-08-08 02:35 PM
    Awful and sad story. Just how important could that guy's text message have been?

10-08-08 02:54 PM
    Awful and sad story. Just how important could that guy's text message have been?

Exactly my point.

I don't care if my #1 client is emailing or texting me - Nothing is important enough to risk your life or the life of others around you. Nope.
    10-08-08 02:56 PM
    It depends on the day and what's going on...but last month i had made the 6000 mark...but i am about 200 - 300+ a day...
    10-08-08 03:04 PM
    Most people that see me text tell me that I will develop arthritis in my thumbs only. I haven't even heard of any cases where people develop arthritis from texting.
    10-09-08 11:54 PM
    Wow... You guys text a lot... How do you even manage to talk on the phone??? LOL

What is there to text about for THAT much? Do you use it like msn or something?

Btw, that story kinda changed my mind about texting while driving. No more of that for me

10-10-08 12:14 AM
    I usually text alot more than talk, as I am only a senior in high school.

There seems to be everyone here that texts more than talks on the phone, I will call the people im really good friends with, just not call the ones I dont really feel like talking to.
    10-10-08 10:30 AM

Jenay!! That is so sad! I hope the truck driver was convicted!

10-10-08 10:50 AM
    I don't think any of my friends make phone calls anymore. If I call them they usually end up just texting me back.
    10-12-08 06:34 PM
    Jenay!! That is so sad! I hope the truck driver was convicted!

The sad thing is that no consequences ever reached the driver of the truck, and yet my friend's brother is screwed for life. Hence, I can't stand people who text while driving. The OP even made me very angry. Ohhh! I'm so addicted!! Hehehehe I text while driving, oh well! Yeah. Wait until its one of your family members or friends that is injured because of an ignorant driver like you, OP.

10-12-08 06:39 PM
    See as I know we are all addicted to our great RIM devices I think the one time that they should be put down is when you are behind the wheel, if your in the passenger seat its fine! But if your driving we have to be very careful so that we don't hit other ppl. Would if we hit other blackberry users from this site? Ya know its all about safety

10-13-08 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD