Yes, once again I have returned to the fold. I have been using Android for at least a year now and since I decided to get me an Android Tablet, I just didn't see the need for an Android phone also and because I truly miss my BB, I have returned. I am currently using a 9300 but just until I can secure me a 9780 next month. I love Android and what it gives me but I now have that with my tablet which is a bigger form factor for more data intensive pursuits. I returned to Blackberry for my phone needs for a few reasons, all of which are important and which nobody (I mean nobody) does better than BB:
    1. Battery Life (non-touch screen)
    2. Call quality (even this relatively low-end 9300 has better call quality than most every other phone)
    3. UMA calling (still way better than regular WiFi calling)
    4. Texting (while swype is excellent for the touchscreen, the BB has THE best qwerty keyboards which make it a breeze for typing)
    5. Customization of notifications - absolutely NO competition in this area
    6. That BEAUTIFUL LED
    7. The fact that I can pull it out of my pocket and do EVERYTHING on it while only using one hand (priceless)
    8. Fastest e-mail delivery out there (includes pop3 mail)
    9. Number one in security
    10. Takes a lickin' and keep on tickin'
    04-12-11 12:18 PM
    Welcome back! BB is certainly in a different league!
    04-12-11 12:33 PM
    Welcome back. Some of us will not wander for all the reasons you outlined. Thanks for the posting.
    04-12-11 01:13 PM
    Even tho I'm a newbie here (see my post in the newbie section), Welcome back!
    04-12-11 01:19 PM
    Yah, you know one of these days I'm going to learn and just stay put but then what fun would that be?! Looking forward to a LONG and wonderful Crackberry life.

Oh and did I mention that part of what started me on this whole kick was the fact that OS6 started showing up here at work and my work BB (9630) only has 5 on it. See the problem? It's a little hard to support an OS I don't even have myself. As luck would have it, as soon as I drug this 9300 out of mothballs and turned it on, I was informed there was an upgrade to 6 which I promptly downloaded via cable. Not overly thrilled with some aspects of the UI but I'm reserving opinion until I get my 9780.
    Last edited by clitrenta; 04-12-11 at 03:31 PM.
    04-12-11 03:26 PM
    Me too, Dude--I'm back as well. It's been two whole weeks since I went to VZW store and ask for them to turn off my Lg Ally, and turn on my Tour. Emails, battery life, call quality, and security was the biggest factors for me. Being out of the office or out on patrol, I need a faster communicator with a battery life beyond an 8-hour shift. My Ally would last about 6 hours on a full charge, but my Tour will last 16 to 28 hours.

Everything you said clitrenta is so true.

I come to believe that Android is for entertainment users, Web OS is for personal users, Windows Mobile and iPhones are for those who can live with their moms (PC or Macs) . BlackBerry seems to cater to business and productive individual users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 10:44 PM
    You have got to love the resurrection of an old thread. even so cool beans!
    05-10-11 02:08 AM
    You have got to love the resurrection of an old thread. even so cool beans!
    I imagine that this thread will always pop up from time to time as former Blackberry users realize the benefits of BB over the others. It's not that the other OSs are worse, it's just that Blackberry is different and does certain things really well. If you're one of the people who targets those specific features, Blackberry will always be where it's at for you.
    05-10-11 08:45 AM
    I never had a "back", I switched from iPhone to Android to Blackberry, but I can only imagine what it feels like to be back on such a great platform!

Welcome back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 09:44 AM
    Yes, once again I have returned to the fold. I have been using Android for at least a year now and since I decided to get me an Android Tablet, I just didn't see the need for an Android phone also and because I truly miss my BB, I have returned. I am currently using a 9300 but just until I can secure me a 9780 next month. I love Android and what it gives me but I now have that with my tablet which is a bigger form factor for more data intensive pursuits. I returned to Blackberry for my phone needs for a few reasons, all of which are important and which nobody (I mean nobody) does better than BB:
    1. Battery Life (non-touch screen)
    2. Call quality (even this relatively low-end 9300 has better call quality than most every other phone)
    3. UMA calling (still way better than regular WiFi calling)
    4. Texting (while swype is excellent for the touchscreen, the BB has THE best qwerty keyboards which make it a breeze for typing)
    5. Customization of notifications - absolutely NO competition in this area
    6. That BEAUTIFUL LED
    7. The fact that I can pull it out of my pocket and do EVERYTHING on it while only using one hand (priceless)
    8. Fastest e-mail delivery out there (includes pop3 mail)
    9. Number one in security
    10. Takes a lickin' and keep on tickin'
    Welcome back too. After 9 months split between an Android, and a WP7 set, I swallowed my losses, (passed down the WP7 to my son, who loves the XBOX connectivity-ANYBODY LISTENING?) And came back to a Torch backed by a Playbook. I totally concur with you on all points, and feel better back on BB.
    06-24-11 08:54 AM
    I think I'll be waiting a little while on that Playbook. If I'm going to splurge on something like that, I'd rather it go thru it's growing pains first. So far, I have NOT been disappointed being back. There will always be things you miss on whatever you just left but overall, I think the Berry just works the best for my needs. It even works relatively well with all the Google stuff I've becomed accustomed to like Google Voice, Calendar and GMAIL. Now the only thing I'm looking forward to is checking out the 9900 when it comes out. Not sure though because that touch screen is bound to mean less than my usual battery life. We'll see. For now, I'm happy to be back in Black with my 9780.
    07-06-11 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD