Op. The sociolects of young people are the languages of the future. If you can't understand them then you are illiterate!!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    you missed the point,,, i'm not speaking to the progression of the english language, given that we no longer say,"shan't", "thee" or "thy",,, i get that,,, go back & read the prior posts,,, we're talking about a completely ignorant part of our youths,,, in some cases, they can't correctly construct a simple sentence in a way that is even remotely comprehendable...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 02-14-13 at 07:44 PM.
    02-14-13 07:31 PM
    I think a lot of the threads you are referring to here on CrackBerry with bad grammar, are from people who's first language may not be english.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    no, i'm not,,, again, go back & read my WHOLE post,,, you'll see that i've allowed for this...
    02-14-13 07:33 PM
    Kind of like how you wrote this paragraph. I'm not sure how you can criticize others when you are doing the same thing. Just sayin'
    there's nothing wrong w/ this paragraph,,, it's not perfect but written in a way that is unique,,, i know my posts by sight,,, & apparently you had no trouble being able to read it,,, another one who's missed the point,,, I can post on CrackBerry almost perfectly, if I wish. <<<--- but i chose not to, just as alot of people chose to post in a unique way...
    02-14-13 07:38 PM
    Ironic, given your repeated use of run on sentences and misuse of punctuation.
    & yet you still were able to comprehend the post,,, i not talking about punctuation in particular,,, im tawkn abowt peepl thut kent evn ryt uh centns thut yoo ken undrstend...
    02-14-13 07:41 PM
    Ellipsis
    Oops! I blame my pb's abysmal auto correct
    02-14-13 08:33 PM
    & yet you still were able to comprehend the post,,, i not talking about punctuation in particular,,, im tawkn abowt peepl thut kent evn ryt uh centns thut yoo ken undrstend...
    Rationalize much?
    02-14-13 08:34 PM
    Also are you a catholic priest?
    middbrew likes this.
    02-14-13 08:34 PM
    Rationalize much?
    not rationalizing,,, replying,,, don't get it much???
    02-14-13 08:39 PM
    Also are you a catholic priest?
    bless you...
    02-14-13 08:41 PM
    bless you...
    Ok, you are the guy my mother warned me about!
    02-14-13 08:43 PM
    not rationalizing,,, replying,,, don't get it much???
    Well since the very definition of literacy is the ability to write and read, then by changing the definition to suit your needs you are in fact rationalizing.
    02-14-13 09:03 PM
    Well since the very definition of literacy is the ability to write and read, then by changing the definition to suit your needs you are in fact rationalizing.
    the definition hasn't been changed,,, the presentation has...
    02-14-13 10:12 PM
    And the same can be said for the "Utes". QED.
    middbrew and h20work like this.
    02-14-13 11:54 PM
    there's nothing wrong w/ this paragraph,,, it's not perfect but written in a way that is unique,,, i know my posts by sight,,, & apparently you had no trouble being able to read it,,, another one who's missed the point,,, I can post on CrackBerry almost perfectly, if I wish. <<<--- but i chose not to, just as alot of people chose to post in a unique way...
    No, I didn't miss the point. You stated "BUT, lately there seems to be a monumental increase in threads/posts that are completely unintelligible/unreadable". This is what your writing is. You seem to feel yours is ok, but call out others because it is different than yours. Very hypocritical.
    h20work likes this.
    02-15-13 11:48 AM
    And the presentation of your writing is illiterate.
    h20work likes this.
    02-15-13 11:51 AM
    And the same can be said for the "Utes". QED.
    again,,, another one who's missed the point,,, understand i'm speaking of comepletely unintelligible, ILLITERATE posting,,, NOT a unique writing style or just having fun w/ the written english language...
    02-15-13 02:50 PM
    No, I didn't miss the point. You stated "BUT, lately there seems to be a monumental increase in threads/posts that are completely unintelligible/unreadable". This is what your writing is. You seem to feel yours is ok, but call out others because it is different than yours. Very hypocritical.
    no,, it's not,,, & your response proves that @ the very least you understood what i said,,, thanks for playing...
    02-15-13 02:51 PM
    And the presentation of your writing is illiterate.
    & yet you still understand every word i write,,, i choose to use punctuation in a unique way & you call that illiterate,,, that alone should tell you i'm not...
    02-15-13 02:54 PM
    no,, it's not,,, & your response proves that @ the very least you understood what i said,,, thanks for playing...
    It is hypocritical and your response proves it.
    h20work likes this.
    02-15-13 02:54 PM
    & yet you still understand every word i write,,, i choose to use punctuation in a unique way & you call that illiterate,,, that alone should tell you i'm not...
    Actually it does tell me you are. You think you can set the parameters to fit your line of thinking. But in reality you are are right in the middle of it.
    h20work likes this.
    02-15-13 02:55 PM
    Actually it does tell me you are.
    *yyyaaawn*...
    02-15-13 03:00 PM
    I agree there are unintelligible posts, and I also agree one can usually distinguish those from posts by ESL posters. It doesn't necessarily follow that those posts are made by 'utes' (not protecting 'my own' here... my twenties have come and gone ). Pedantically, one could argue that literate people are perfectly capable of posting badly constructed sentences (due to speed, or lack of reflection, etc.) and so one can't draw any conclusions whatsoever. It's the internetz...
    SEAWARRIOR and h20work like this.
    02-15-13 03:03 PM
    I agree there are unintelligible posts, and I also agree one can usually distinguish those from posts by ESL posters. It doesn't necessarily follow that those posts are made by 'utes' (not protecting 'my own' here... my twenties have come and gone ). Pedantically, one could argue that literate people are perfectly capable of posting badly constructed sentences (due to speed, or lack of reflection, etc.) and so one can't draw any conclusions whatsoever. It's the internetz...
    thank you!!! i couldn't have said it better...
    02-15-13 03:08 PM
    But you choose to post badly constructed sentences intentionally.
    Yes you could have. You have a consistent writing style that frankly gives me a headache trying to decipher. It is actually less a style and more of an affectation that you are imposing on others. While your actual messages are literate, your 'style' is not. For short messages, it can work. But for a topics like this, it comes across as pompous and disrespectful. That is simply my opinion. I'm sure your opinion differs.

The only reason that I (and others) understand what you are saying is that we're taking the time to decipher your 'style'. It does impede the flow of a thread when trying to read along.
    h20work likes this.
    02-15-13 04:20 PM
    LOL, really? Thought I was kind of disagreeing with your original premise..
    louzer and h20work like this.
    02-15-13 04:22 PM
77 1234