All I needed to hear yesterday after Brett Favre announced that he would
    remain retired was that he would "...continue to workout and throw." You
    have to be freaking kidding me with this guy. I like the guy, grew up watching
    him, and think he's a great Football player, period. But my goodness this guy
    waffles more than Eggo.

Who else thinks this isn't the end of this whole thing?
    07-29-09 12:44 PM
    im sure its not, how many times has he come back now? 3?

guy's a robot, he never looks any different besides the gray hair.
    07-29-09 12:48 PM
    I'll have to disagree. I heard that he can't keep up with the daily grind of the NFL any longer. I do hope he stays retired now.
    07-29-09 01:01 PM
    I'll have to disagree. I heard that he can't keep up with the daily grind of the NFL any longer. I do hope he stays retired now.
    He couldn't keep up with the daily grind last year. And he knew that going in.
    But if there's an injury to a QB, his name will come up, and would indeed be
    enticed.

I think overall this is just about him not wanting to go through training camp.
    07-29-09 01:05 PM
    I used to think that he played the game for the love of the game. Now it seems like he doesn't even respect the game, or for that matter, never respected it. It's a sad day when an athlete has it in their head that they're better and BIGGER than the game itself. I think Farve believes he is bigger than the game. All else be damned (training camp, practices, teammates, even the FANS).
    07-29-09 01:09 PM
    I used to think that he played the game for the love of the game. Now it seems like he doesn't even respect the game, or for that matter, never respected it. It's a sad day when an athlete has it in their head that they're better and BIGGER than the game itself. I think Farve believes he is bigger than the game. All else be damned (training camp, practices, teammates, even the FANS).
    He has it in his head because he's better at his age than a handful of starting
    QB's in the league as it stands. That's not even arguable. Tavaris Jackson?
    Sage f'n Rosenfels? The guy is going to come back. Two games against
    Green Bay. Love of the game or not.
    07-29-09 01:12 PM
    Oh, I agree with you there, he's much better than Jackson and Rosenfels. What I'm saying is, he thinks he's deserving of special privileges, just because the name on the back of his jersey reads Favre.
    07-29-09 01:16 PM
    Oh, I agree with you there, he's much better than Jackson and Rosenfels. What I'm saying is, he thinks he's deserving of special privileges, just because the name on the back of his jersey reads Favre.
    Only a handful of guys in the league are deserving of special privileges and that includes Favre.
    07-29-09 01:21 PM
    "Very unlikely,'' he said. "I really believe this is it. I truly, truly believe it's over. But if someone calls Nov. 1, who knows?''
    From Peter King's column today.

Brett Favre retires, but says window for return is always open - Peter King - SI.com

You see what I mean?
    07-29-09 03:13 PM
    F'ing Brett Favre...
    07-29-09 03:14 PM
    I dont care if he comes back, just stay away from the Jets! we have enough trouble right now.
    07-30-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD