Hypathetical:

if an ambulance was racing to a call out and on its way the driver hit a car, do you think it would be policy for the ambulance to stop and help or carry on to the required destination?
    have in mind that it is illegal to flee from an accident.

what do you think policy is?
    what would you do if it were you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 07:06 AM
    *****bump*****
    04-20-09 08:34 AM
    Try asking here ... http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/ask...s-here-193063/

And, keep in mind ...
    Bumping
    This refers to posting with the deliberate intention to either pad your post count or to keep a thread 'hot' so it appears at the top of the forum. Bumping can sometimes be useful, but you must wait three days from the original post to bump the thread. Only one bump is allowed per thread per user. CrackBerry.com's moderator’s reserve the right to delete useless “bumps” at their discretion.
    04-20-09 08:44 AM
    Hypathetical:

if an ambulance was racing to a call out and on its way the driver hit a car, do you think it would be policy for the ambulance to stop and help or carry on to the required destination?
    have in mind that it is illegal to flee from an accident.

what do you think policy is?
    what would you do if it were you?

IIRC (if i remember correctly) Emerg. Cars/Trucks/Ect. have Sovereign immunity Where they have to procede to the call at hand, and 911 calls take "first place" in all cases. and if the lights were are the the horns we're blowin' your out of luck.
    04-20-09 09:59 AM
    I believe that drivers are required by law to get, move and stay out of the way of emergency vehicles. I also think that this means that getting in the way of a firetruck or ambulance puts you at fault in an accident. I also think mjneid is right, they have to finish the call they are on before they can attend to an accident that just happened. If you think about it, the guy with the sucking chest wound takes priority over the dent in your prius.
    04-20-09 10:30 AM
    Well, it really depends what is going on, call wise. More often then not, if an ambulance has a patient in the back and is a high priority, the ambulance may not stop because the patient in the back is the higher priority. However, if responding to a call, they will more than likely stop to at least check for injuries. Most of the time, they will stop and remain on scene and wait for a supervisor and police and another unit will be dispatched in its place. This is how it is in my area of North-central MD. Hope this helps!

04-20-09 10:40 AM
    If a ambulance hits a car while responding to a 911 call they are suppose to continue to there 911 call aswell as telling dispatch to send another ambulance to where they hit the person. Now if its bad enough where the ambulance is not operable then they must have dispatch send a ambulance to there 911 call for them aswell as send another to the location where they crashed for aid. And if the crew isn't hurt obviously they would render aid to the people they hit. I work on a 911 ambulance.

04-20-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD