Greetings everyone, first off I would like to apologize for posting in the playbook forum but it's just convenient for me to since I only look at this forum. I live in South Africa and i have been all over this wonderful country of ours I'm yet to see an all blackberry store, I've seen a couple of Apple ones.

OK let me get to the point, I have the financial capability to open one but lack information in terms of stock, tech support, etc. I know that it would be a huge success should I manage to get it of the ground as peoplethis side worship blackberries. All your advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    01-28-12 04:36 AM
    Perhaps you should talk to RIM....
    01-28-12 05:13 AM
    so, um, contact rim to be shot down?

i don't think rim is into franchising stores. and apple stores sell more than iphones and ipads.
    01-28-12 05:14 AM
    I do believe that I had read somewhere that several bb stores were opened to only fail miserably hence they gave up. Agree with above poster that bb is not going to provide a franchise outlet.
    01-28-12 06:50 AM
    You'd be better off buying a franchise of a cell provider (I.e. Verizon, AT&T,etc) and pushing bb through that.
    01-28-12 07:30 AM
    Might work, although I think you'll have a hard time finding investors for it, at least in the US. You might be able to do it in the UK, Canada, or India. South Africa I have no clue about.
    It might be successful because you can cater to customers of all three carriers. On the other hand, Best Buy, Staples, and thousands of others already do that.
    02-03-12 06:19 PM
    Greetings everyone, first off I would like to apologize for posting in the playbook forum but it's just convenient for me to since I only look at this forum. I live in South Africa and i have been all over this wonderful country of ours I'm yet to see an all blackberry store, I've seen a couple of Apple ones.

OK let me get to the point, I have the financial capability to open one but lack information in terms of stock, tech support, etc. I know that it would be a huge success should I manage to get it of the ground as peoplethis side worship blackberries. All your advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    you might talk to RIM first to check out if they will down right to allow you be a franchisee. As far as i know famous manufactures like BB do not allow. anyway good luck~
    02-20-12 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD