I have a friend of mine. His name is Andy, went to high school with him.

Well this past weekend his cousin (Amanda), went into labor with her second child. At week 25 of the term. Which you know is extremely early. Well the mother of the child went into a coma and lost the child. The husband of the Amanda is trying to take care of this situation and a 2year old son that doesn't understand anything that is going on. He just thinks mommy is taking a long nap, and wants to see his new sister, but has no understanding that the baby hasn't made it...nor Amanda is a coma, and might not wake up.

i go this from my buddy Andy earlier this morning.
    amanda is a diabetic and that's what made her water break so they put her on bedrest then she got pneumonia and cardio myopathy (heart failure) and has nothing to do with the diabetes.. it happens 1 in every 3-5000 women a year with the second child. UC (University of Cincinnati Hospital ) only sees 10 cases a year. she may need a heart transplant if it doesn't get better. some cases are irreversible and some after 6 months are better but that is rare...then she caught the flu and a staph infection bc her immune system was so weak due to her heart
    So i am asking for the prayers, thoughts and support for Andy, Amanda and the rest of the family. When we were in HS together I would play paintball every Saturday morning, birthday parties, pool parties with the entire family. I've know this family for going on 12years, and it would mean a-lot to me.....

-Thanks for listening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mjneid; 11-08-10 at 12:22 PM.
    11-08-10 08:07 AM
    Sorry to hear that, very tragic...
    11-08-10 08:16 AM
    My heart breaks for them Mike. They, and you will most assuredly be in my thoughts and prayers.
    11-08-10 08:22 AM
    That's just awful MJ.

My wife and I just had our second earlier this year.

My brother and his wife had their first 2 months later, but 2 years ago had to have labour induced and a pregnancy terminated at around the same stage as your friends' because of some 1-in-10,000 issue that made the baby's systems develop at different rates, reducing his chances for survival to nil.
    Their baby was far enough along that they decided to have a service for some closure. I certainly hope I don't need to see anything more sad than that tiny wooden box.

Whenever I get frustrated with one of my girls, I always stop and think about my brother and his wife, and what they would give to have the chance for 2 boys to be running around their house instead of just one. It's sobering to say the least, and reminds me just how lucky I am when the day-to-day grind sometimes makes me forget.

I don't pray very much Mike, but I will pray for Andy & Amanda. Every little bit counts

11-08-10 08:51 AM
    my thoughts go out to your friend & his family. My son was born 5 weeks early only because my wife developed a cyst on her ovary. Sending positive thoughts your way. (Yes- a rare but sincere genuine post from HJ)

11-08-10 09:03 AM
    My thoughts go out to your friends and their family.
    11-08-10 09:06 AM
    Sorry to hear that, MJ. What a tragedy. Definitely be keeping them in my thoughts.
    11-08-10 10:56 AM
    im very sorry to hear that.. best of luck to you
    11-08-10 11:00 AM
    Will do bro, hope things work out.
    11-08-10 06:58 PM
    My thoughts go out for you, Amanda and her husband. I will keep them in my prayers.
    11-08-10 07:20 PM
    Mike, please let Andy know that prayers are being offered for Amanda. Thank you for sharing this story, though it is very sad, it is a reminder that any one of us could face a similar situation and need to post a prayer request on Crackberry.

11-08-10 07:21 PM
    Wow Mike! Hopefully she comes through this. You know that we, your OT friends,
    will be here for you. God bless her and her family.
    11-08-10 07:56 PM
    Mike, that is really sad. A prayer for her and her family will be said from this end. They are very blessed to have you as a friend.
    11-08-10 08:16 PM