Ok so..I got a call from a Bell canada store today and they want me to come in for an interview, Ive been applying at Bell for years and now I finally have a chance to work for them cause they are Canada's version of Verizon (the biggest, best, fastest network around) And I am wondering what I might need to know for when I go into that interview cause this is my calling , my dream and if I mess this up a piece of me would die inside and I would be forever crushed! Cause I love cell phones and more importantly I LOVE BlackBerrys and they have a great selection of BB's among many other phones so im gonna learn about as many phones as posable but what else do I need to know?! Like this is huge for me and Ive never been more excited in my life but my fear of messing this up is making me feel sick to my stomach..Please help me CB nation your my only hope!
    08-19-10 03:46 PM
    Dress to impress, a clean pressed suit and tie is essential, and also good grooming, make sure to shave that morning, and trim the bread or stash if you got one; TAKE A SHOWER! OK sounds like you got the right attitude, you need to impress upon them why you would be an asset to their business. You can stress your knowledge of the phones, of their company, AND your willingness to learn. Previous experience is good too, where relevant, be prepared to talk about what other jobs you have had, but again let them know you can and will learn their policies. I'm a fast learner is a good term to use, as is I can think on my feet, and I'm good with people. And while you MAY not have past direct sales experience, you may have experience working with people, or in customer service, share that.

Be confident, and GO FOR IT!
    08-19-10 03:57 PM
    Look in some posts saying you do understand cellphones and how certain phones use different radios, how the CDMA for certain places and GSM/UMTS is different.
    I won't give much detail in fear of messing you up. But look it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 08:31 AM
    Look in some posts saying you do understand cellphones and how certain phones use different radios, how the CDMA for certain places and GSM/UMTS is different.
    I won't give much detail in fear of messing you up. But look it up.

And vzw isn't fastest I think.
    ATT is a bit faster.

08-22-10 08:32 AM
    Bring a copy of your resume (cv) and some letters of reference.

You seem to know a lot about their inventory, but don't make yourself seem smarter than the one interviewing you. Ask questions. Try not to over talk. Wait till you are asked direct questions. Don't forget eye contact and a firm hand shake. Get there 15 minutes early.

When interview is done go home and write a hand written thank you card and also send an email to thank the one that interviewed you. PM me if you need help with this.

Good luck. And smile (even a little humor is appropriate).

08-22-10 11:50 PM
    And make sure to let us know how you make out!
    08-23-10 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD