I've been posting on this site since I got my first BlackBerry over a year ago. I've always had my pin in my profile because I usually always love talking to new people. Recently someone sent me a BBM request and I accepted, like I usually always do.

Shortly into the conversation this person, whos name I will withhold, said something that offended me. They were asking for something that I didn't want to give them and he said stop being gay. I usually don't have too much of a problem when someone says that but its just the fact that this person was a complete stranger. As soon as I told him that I was offended by that because I am gay the name calling started. I shortly removed him from my list.

Most of the people on here have been nothing but kind, and I've even met some awesome people through BBM but that one person just gave me a bad feeling. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm leaving or not, but if I do I just want to thank everyone for all of the help that I've received from CrackBerry.
    08-02-08 12:58 AM
    Sorry for the double post.
    08-02-08 01:04 AM
    Sorry to hear that, but I wouldn't shy away because of one *****, there is a ton of cool people, but sooner or later you will get that bad apple, just the way it is, maybe pm the person before you give out your pin, and hopefully you will cut down on the d-bags...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 01:16 AM
    Sorry for the double post.
    took care of it
    08-02-08 02:17 AM
    Unfortunately on these kinds of message boards you can run in to that. Don't go because of one a**hole.
    08-02-08 03:15 AM
    Hey I understand but don't let that shy you away. I'm sure that for that one person that did that there are 250 more who are eager and willing to talk......so since I'm using my berry I can't see your pin (assuming you have it posted) pin me, mines by my pic always up for a good convo

08-02-08 03:30 AM
    Don't go because of one bad experience!! People are ignorant and cruel but not everyone is like that!! I enjoy your posts and hope you'll stay.

08-02-08 03:45 AM
    Maybe I will stay. I just can't seem to stay away
    08-02-08 11:03 AM
    I am preaty new to this blackberry thing. I am sorry that you had to deal with somone like that. But for everyone that acts like that there are plenty of good people out there. Or at least I hope there is. [

08-02-08 12:09 PM
    Good deal. I'd be so mad if CB lost you because of some d-head
    08-02-08 12:13 PM
    As already said don't let one ***** run you off.

I hope you won't let one **** ruin it for you. It is hard when some one is offensive but they are the one with the real problem not you.
    08-02-08 12:17 PM
    You better, we're pals!
    Good deal. I'd be so mad if CB lost you because of some d-head
    ^^^ Yeah, exactly what he said!!!
    08-02-08 07:16 PM
    Don't let the ignorance and intolerance of one person make you stop doing anything you want to do. If that's their response to your personal life, views, and feelings, then I'd totally prefer you stay and they leave.
    08-02-08 07:21 PM
    One completely rude, ignorant, and closed-minded four letter word should not run you away from that which has brought you joy, amusement, and good times where you have met great people. The world is made of all kinds good and bad. That person will get his one day.

08-02-08 07:33 PM
    I know that everyone's already said it, but if one person is allowed to drive you away from the many who enjoy your company, then intolerance and hate will have won a battle and CrackBerry will be a poorer place. Don't go, don't let the bad guys win, let us help you educate the loser.
    08-02-08 08:14 PM
    its happened to me a few times to, just gotta get a network of supportive CB buddies to help you get through it

like i have miss_michelle and Msmari

^^they ROCK!!!^^
    my homies!
    Last edited by benzworm; 08-02-08 at 10:17 PM. Reason: ^^they ROCK!!!^^
    08-02-08 10:17 PM
    Trust me we all had bad expirence but one bad can not make me run!! There is always going to be a bad apple around.... Stick around And just see all the great people we have...

Benzworm you know I got your back!! Since day 1!! You are great person to talk 2!!
    08-02-08 10:34 PM
    Ok, I'll stay! Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
    08-02-08 11:44 PM
    You should post his name, that will teach him a lesson
    08-03-08 01:03 AM
    You should post his name, that will teach him a lesson
    No!! Don't. We had this come up once before and not one
    good thing was served by it.

@crashovrride: I am personally glad you decided not to give up
    on CB. This is great place and you are a valued member. There are
    tons of people who will make your BBM experience a good one.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-03-08 at 02:25 AM.
    08-03-08 02:21 AM

Benzworm you know I got your back!! Since day 1!! You are great person to talk 2!!
    mwah! you know i luv ya for it!
    08-03-08 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD