What the new yorkers and bostonians call the storm of the century, we in Ottawa call a snowfall.

I just find it funny.
    02-08-13 12:03 PM
    They don't have igloos in New York and Boston (THAT'S A JOKE, DON'T GET THE PITCHFORKS OUT).
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-08-13 12:11 PM
    What the new yorkers and bostonians call the storm of the century, we in Ottawa call a snowfall.
    I just find it funny.
    I'm sure they correspondingly find it funny when you complain about traffic jams in rush hour and storms when they're in hurricane season. And given that there is a **** of a lot more traffic in New York and Boston than there is in Ottawa, a big snow storm is going to cause a lot more chaos because there are way more people.

Every place is different

(And I've lived in Ottawa)
    02-08-13 12:21 PM
    It's snowing pretty hard up here in Montreal right now. The snow melted last week, and now, everything is a good couple inches of snow
    02-08-13 12:21 PM
    They don't have igloos in New York and Boston (THAT'S A JOKE, DON'T GET THE PITCHFORKS OUT).
    Probably not as much snow removal equipment either since both are further south ...
    02-08-13 12:25 PM
    Probably not as much snow removal equipment either since both are further south ...
    They could call in the army like Toronto did a few years back. Hahahaha leave it Toronto.
    02-08-13 12:34 PM
    In Utah they call it a light dusting.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 12:34 PM
    They could call in the army like Toronto did a few years back. Hahahaha leave it Toronto.
    Toronto has 6 million people and one of the busiest highway corridors in North America. It isn't the snow that's the problem, it's the traffic. If Ottawa had that many people in a big snow storm, all **** would break loose there too
    02-08-13 12:41 PM
    Ummmm no. You're a real traffic person, aren't you? If you commute from an hour away, you deserve the delay.
    02-08-13 12:53 PM
    Toronto has 6 million people and one of the busiest highway corridors in North America. It isn't the snow that's the problem, it's the traffic. If Ottawa had that many people in a big snow storm, all **** would break loose there too
    Absolutely correct, snow in NY, Boston & Toronto cannot be as effectively cleared as Ottawa or Barrie (where I am), anyway, at least here, we just leave the cars in the driveway & pull out the dog team.
    02-08-13 12:59 PM
    Glad the fun police showed up.
    02-08-13 01:05 PM
    Glad the fun police showed up.
    If you're gonna get all snotty towards people in other cities and look down your nose at them, ya deserve the responses you get!

(I bet people in the Maritimes laugh at Ottawa's snow coverage)
    02-08-13 01:07 PM
    If you're gonna get all snotty towards people in other cities and look down your nose at them, ya deserve the responses you get!

(I bet people in the Maritimes laugh at Ottawa's snow coverage)
    You must be great at parties.
    02-08-13 01:08 PM
    And, worst of all, New Yorkers don't have sled dogs (like they do in Ottawa) :-) because of the draconian leash and p0op laws.
    That would help!

It is starting to come down a bit.
    02-08-13 01:08 PM
    I just bought an Explorer and 8 huskies.
    02-08-13 01:15 PM
    Guess when they got hit with Sandy You must of been the life of the party?
    Ottawa you slip and slide when their slush on the ground.
    02-08-13 01:15 PM
    Hey balding1 - Sandy caused billions of dollars of damages and destroyed thousands of homes.
    Guess you missed the news.
    02-08-13 01:18 PM
    I just bought an Explorer and 8 huskies.
    They have SUVs in Ottawa? I figured it was like the Iditarod every morning. Who knew
    02-08-13 01:19 PM
    We Torontonians don't care how much people laugh cause given those circumstances we would do it again in a heartbeat. There was so much snow piled up so high everywhere, with more coming down, and absolutely nowhere to put even an additional teaspoon's worth.

And, that was the case even in the roomier suburbs, not just the inner city where the gigantic mounds of snow were a serious public safety issue. We needed the army, or some other group with large trucks, to come and help the city haul the snow away.
    02-08-13 01:21 PM
    Hey balding1 - Sandy caused billions of dollars of damages and destroyed thousands of homes.
    Guess you missed the news.
    My comment was directed to the OP that thinks NY and Boston getting hit with a major snowstorm is some kind of joke.
    So he must think Sandy was hilarious.
    Residing likes this.
    02-08-13 01:23 PM
    Oh, my bad.
    02-08-13 01:28 PM
    Note to self: crackberry is not the place to start a 'make fun of' thread.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    02-08-13 01:35 PM
    Note to self: crackberry is not the place to start a 'make fun of' thread.
    What can you possibly find funny about them calling it the storm of the century or a snowfall?
    They had 16 death related cases with the last storm on the Dec.27. I live in Montreal and were only getting a lousy 10 CM so maybe you can show up to the 23 year old girls funeral that slid of the highway this morning. Don't forget to bring your laugh track with you
    02-08-13 01:51 PM
    Good lord, this pack doesn't have a parachute!
    02-08-13 02:04 PM
    What can you possibly find funny about them calling it the storm of the century or a snowfall?
    They had 16 death related cases with the last storm on the Dec.27. I live in Montreal and were only getting a lousy 10 CM so maybe you can show up to the 23 year old girls funeral that slid of the highway this morning. Don't forget to bring your laugh track with you
    Can't speak for OP, however, it appears he is just being light hearted and I truly don't believe he is mocking the death of people. Sometimes people use humour to lessen difficult circumstances. Lots of snow, what can you do, laugh. I think you have a serious problem to draw a line from a little fun to him making callous jokes about people dying. Wow!
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    02-08-13 02:06 PM
27 12