At 2 in the freaking am...there was not a soul in the gym and it was awesome...

Anyone else here workout?
    12-18-08 02:39 AM
    Ya but ive been sick this whole week so havnt gone since last week. I go around 9am.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 03:35 AM
    ... and who cares...
    12-18-08 04:04 AM
    If my gym were 24hrs, I'd be there late too-

I Hate working out in public.

Is it me being paranoid, or do people like to watch others work out???

12-18-08 11:55 AM

Never really paid much attention to other people working out, as I'm always too busy sweating and making sure I'm doing what I need to be doing properly when I'm working out to notice what other people are doing.

Unless I'm working out with someone else or my trainer is showing me something, I'm pretty focused on me in the gym or at the pool.
    12-18-08 12:25 PM
    I don't like people staring either, but that isn't why I prefer to go late. I hate when little 130 pound guys use the power racks to do 80 pound curls. Or the freaking core ball, that thing is as useless as a personal trainer....
    12-18-08 12:46 PM
    ... and who cares...
    You're a bitter, bitter man.

Haha; well I don't get the feeling others are watching me while I work out my Statue of David'esque-like body ...but I don't like working out when it seems like the gym is packed like a corral of sweating gym rats under one stiffling roof. But hey; I don't care who all is and isn't around when I'm in there...I'm a man on a mission for that one hour I devote to the statue.
    12-18-08 12:49 PM
    ... and who cares...
    Take your unwanted and useless posts elsewhere.

12-18-08 09:04 PM
    You're a bitter, bitter man.
    Take your unwanted and useless posts elsewhere.
    Did either of you bother to notice that it did not upset the OP. Fortunately, I
    believe HE got the humorous jab. Sad neither of you did. Defensive for no
    damn reason.
    12-18-08 10:33 PM
    I don't like people staring either, but that isn't why I prefer to go late. I hate when little 130 pound guys use the power racks to do 80 pound curls. Or the freaking core ball, that thing is as useless as a personal trainer....
    Now now Vinnie, depends on what you use that core ball for.
    As for the trainer, I agree if they happen to be gym hired trainers for the most part. But someone you hire on your own, that helps you get results, now that's a trainer! Granted I did the work, but he pushed my a$$ and helped light a fire that makes me glad I hired him back in 2005.

I think the guys doing curls in the power rack are doing it to protect themselves from the herds of roaming lions that prowl the gym, looking for 130lb snacks.
    12-18-08 11:28 PM
    Granted I did the work, but he pushed my a$$ and helped light a fire
    Richard Simmons' anthem.

12-18-08 11:31 PM
    Richard Simmons' anthem.

HAHAHAHA! Well if he were my trainer, I suppose I would have lost weight and gained muscle running and laughing.
    12-19-08 08:11 AM
    From the looks of your avatar Vinnie you NEED to spend more time with the stability ball and personal trainer or is that baby fat?
    12-19-08 10:23 AM
    Love working out, 6 days a week for me...getting a good pump and sweat makes my day complete...

01-05-09 10:18 PM
    I do weight training 3 days a week and cardio everyday. I pretty much just did beer curls today though and maaaaaaan is my drinking arm tired!
    01-06-09 12:49 AM
    Love 12 ounce curls

01-07-09 06:22 PM
    Love 12 ounce curls
    Me too! With enough hard work, I'll work my way up to 24 oz curls! Lol
    01-07-09 09:39 PM
    I used to go to a 24hr gym. I used to go in between 11pm to midnite, it was awesome. You could superset all you wanted since the gym was practically empty. Never had to way for the machines.

Now I'm stuck with an LA fitness, where you have to wait for ever for a machine. And what sucks the most is that they're not even working out, they're just chitchatting, it's a fkn social club in there.

Oh, yeah and about people staring, I just start to scratch my nuts, or pick my nose while dead-staring back at them. They always look away.
    01-09-09 08:19 AM
    LA fitness that I was at was the same way, much more of a social gathering than a gym...very annoying for sure...I like the nut scratching idea as well...

01-09-09 12:27 PM
    Richard Simmons' anthem.

sad thing is there was a old guy that looked like richard and wears the same thing at the gym i used to go to
    01-09-09 01:48 PM
    I used to go to a 24hr gym. I used to go in between 11pm to midnite, it was awesome. You could superset all you wanted since the gym was practically empty. Never had to way for the machines.

Now I'm stuck with an LA fitness, where you have to wait for ever for a machine. And what sucks the most is that they're not even working out, they're just chitchatting, it's a fkn social club in there.

Oh, yeah and about people staring, I just start to scratch my nuts, or pick my nose while dead-staring back at them. They always look away.

LMAO!!! Careful, you might find the one person that feels right at home with that.
    01-09-09 02:52 PM
    I'm an accomplished powerlifter and bodybuilder.I love working out and am very connected to it (this here blackberry comes in handy with that )

01-10-09 03:37 AM
    Working out in public sucks big time. It would be slick to have an entire gym to yourself.
    01-10-09 02:50 PM
    Working out in public sucks big time. It would be slick to have an entire gym to yourself.
    Only sucks if you care that other people are around.
    01-11-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD