Hi there, Crackberry!
    I've been a Windows Phone user since 7.0, and suddenly got a strange urge for a Blackberry after seeing the Classic. I'm coming from a Lumia 1520 though, so here's my question to you- on a budget, should I buy the Leap or the Classic? I want one of the newer gen phones, and I like the keyboard on the Classic, but which phone has the better experience in your opinion? I mostly use my phone for social media, checking the news, texting, or listening to music, although I will play a game every once in a while but not for more then ~10 minutes.
    I'm getting hype for the switch, hopefully you guys can help me out!

TL;DR Leap or Classic?
    05-30-15 02:30 PM
    Both devices run the exact same OS. Performance is comparable.

There are some hardware differences, but all is trumped by whether or not you want a physical keyboard. Leap drops NFC and HDMI-out to keep costs down (both have Miracast though).

Bigger screen / virtual keyboard, or
    Smaller screen / physical keyboard.

Only you can decide.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-30-15 02:34 PM
    With that in mind, I'm leaning toward the classic due to the keyboard. I am a little bit worried about screen size though. Anyone own this phone and can say wether it was enough for them or not?
    05-30-15 02:48 PM
    With that in mind, I'm leaning toward the classic due to the keyboard. I am a little bit worried about screen size though. Anyone own this phone and can say wether it was enough for them or not?
    It depends on usage. If you watch a lot of video, or play a lot of games, you will find the small screen lacking. Otherwise you will adapt.

If you do a lot of typing, the virtual keyboard takes up half the screen anyway.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-30-15 03:00 PM
    Classic screen is still a little too claustrophobic to use for me even though it's a slightly bigger screen than a Q10. It's nice to be able to navigate the whole phone from the touch pad and back and menu buttons but it's not essential by any means, BB10 made the tool belt redundant pretty well back in 2013.

The Classic is nicely put together though, it looks a better quality device than the Leap but you should only go for a physical keyboard phone if you really don't get on well with virtual keyboards on all touch phones. The BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard that the Leap, Z10 and Z30 has is brilliant, so don't let it put you off all touch BB10.

In fact if you can still get one get a Z30, a better phone all round than a Leap or a Classic.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    Sparksx likes this.
    05-30-15 03:19 PM
    Let me throw this out there, you could also get a Z30 for around $200. Not sure what country you're in. To me you'd get a solid BlackBerry with good features and screen size.

I'll leave this right here
    Sparksx likes this.
    05-30-15 03:21 PM
    I do like the look of the leap over z30 though

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-30-15 04:55 PM
    I had been looking at the Z30, but my main worry is it's age. I do know it doesn't come native with the latest build of BB10, and I would rather not try and flash anything. Also, I'm not really a fan of the looks. I'm not sure why, but the keyboard on that classic just looks like a really nice option for me the more I look at it.
    05-30-15 05:19 PM
    Is it Alex or Sean?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 05:36 PM
    Me, Alex. Last name is common
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    05-30-15 06:48 PM
    I had been looking at the Z30, but my main worry is it's age. I do know it doesn't come native with the latest build of BB10, and I would rather not try and flash anything.
    The Z30's specs are still the best BB10 all touch phones they have released. If music or audio quality are important to you you will love the Z30's speakers, deep bass and clear high end.

The version of BB10 that's available is up to your carrier, not BlackBerry. BlackBerry have placed no restriction on what version a Z30 can be upgraded to over-the-air from your carrier or over a cable if you do it by itself. What's your carrier?

Don't be scared of Autoloaders (flash upgrades over a cable). They are easy to use and very reliable. Do it straight away when you get the phone before you put anything important on it as Autoloaders wipe all the data and settings on the phone.

If you Autoload later you have to backup your data/settings with BlackBerry Link and restore it afterwards. Not a problem but takes a lot longer to do.

Also, I'm not really a fan of the looks. I'm not sure why, but the keyboard on that classic just looks like a really nice option for me the more I look at it.
    The silver chin at the bottom looks odd in photos at first but it's actually a much better looking phone when you actually get hold of one. White ones are nice looking too.

The AMOLED screen also means you get a dark theme in the OS by default without having to turn it on everywhere if you prefer black backgrounds instead of white.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    Sparksx likes this.
    05-31-15 07:19 AM