great thread! I love all the banter back'n'forth. I just got a call from a friend who---fell for the marketing--- and bought an iphone. I think its perfect for her. She's not very technical and really doesnt use her mobile that much at all. She's got the glassy-eyed wow factor going on right now and since I'm a good friend, I won't bag on her new toy.

I got the itouch for my birthday this month and it def. satisfied my need for the i-technology. I love it (but not like my bb). As a previous poster mentioned, I can also sit and watch youtube from the comfort of my bed, or watch a video on wide screen.

The iphone and the itouch both have a place in the market. I think the BB and iphone are not even in the same league. Two totally different products that are/should be marketed to completely different groups.
    04-30-08 02:28 PM
    I have a blackberry for email and phone... and i have an ipod touch for internet and music... it helps when bored...
    04-30-08 02:34 PM
    If you hack your IPhones becareful not to install any updates from apple. They will brick the phone and ATT / Apple will not replace them... It can be an expensive mistake to the novice user.
    04-30-08 03:41 PM
    One of my co-workers has an iPhone. He said "join the masses. Next, buy a Prius. "

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 06:40 PM
    I just got a curve 3 days ago after years of using wm os look at the iphone but wasn't that impressed with it.I feel that I made the right choice haven't been able to put it down the keyboard is the best I used even better than the Treo 750.Going to get a 8gb card and it will have everything and more than an iphone.

04-30-08 07:36 PM
    I currently own an iPhone.It's cool but Apple still has some problems to work out with it.For it to be a high end device it has too many problems, and by that I mean for example two weeks ago my touch screen stopped working out of nowhere like hours after I made a phone call. The battery does die fast if you use it a lot. I have to charge it each day. Also it sucks that you have to pay for the repair if its your fault. I haven't had the chance to take the phone back to the Apple store yet, because the closest store is like two hours away. With my luck once I do take it up there they will make me pay for the replacement of it, even though it wasn't my fault and it's their product. This is also coming from an Apple Fanboy.I own a Macbook,iPhone, and a iPod. I must say that I love my apple products and I miss the **** out of my iPhone, but the thing is I don't know if I want to go back to the iPhone because what if this happens again and then I have to shed out even more cash to fix a phone, when with another type of phone I could just go to the store and get the replacement for free. Also with Apple if your phone is ****ed up really bad you might have to pay around 250 tops for it to be fixed. The rep will tell you oh well it won't be anymore than 250. Now think about it either way if you mess up the phone you had to pay retail(400 or 500)+ for it to be repaired which can be anywhere from (90-250). Thats just too much money for a phone that you can't even receive MMS on. Just my 2 cents tho. But hey I do love my iPhone.. well loved..because honestly I think I'm not going back.I'm really debating on getting a Curve this week.
    Last edited by tha_23_greatest; 05-04-08 at 10:23 PM.
    05-04-08 10:20 PM
    If you hack your IPhones becareful not to install any updates from apple. They will brick the phone and ATT / Apple will not replace them... It can be an expensive mistake to the novice user.
    thats why you find out what version your using, and download it, and keep it safe.

if you know what your doing, bricking your iphone/touch isnt permanent, its a matter of restoring your iphone back to what it was via the itunes software
    05-05-08 02:51 AM
    My 15 year old Daughter has one. Cost a $90 repair because she dropped it 6 inches. I have dropped my 3 feet on concrete several times, the paint is a little ruff but it still works.
    I own a ipod touch... Just recently bought a blackberry and I am telling you I love it. Well, on to my point, either the phone and the ipod touch are different and/or the way I dropped it wasn't the same it was like 6 feet in the air and I dropped it due to the fact my sister ran into me. It hit the floor, mind you I had it for a day, and I only had 2 little chips on the sides of it. It was dropped on ceramic tile.
    12-23-08 01:30 AM
    I came to BB from an iPhone 3G. Why, you ask?

1) Typing on a Storm is a MUCH better experience and infinitely more accurate than an iPhone.
    2) The network. At least where I live, Verizon's 3G network is kicking the pants off of AT&T's, and that kinda thing is important to me.
    12-23-08 07:18 AM
    I used to be all about the iPhone until I actually played with one. It was horrible. The touchscreen was pretty much worthless. It took me 5 minutes to log into my myspace account. So glad I didn't waste my money.

12-23-08 01:51 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD