I have to rant about the Win7 paint program. It will not do the totally simple, little thing I need it to. It is so convoluted and difficult to figure out. I'm used to the WinXP paint program that lets me make a simple shape like a square filled with a color from the color picker. It will let me make an outlined square with the color picker by choosing the "Color 1" button. But when I choose the "Color 2" button, which will make a square filled with color, it won't let me use the color picker (the color picker is the little syringe icon where you can selcet any color on an existing image).

This is tearing me up so bad I want to sit the MS down that designed the Win7 paint and demonstrate how crappy it is.
    07-18-12 11:40 PM
    You can always use the windows xp paint program, just copy it over, different filename and such, maybe paint2, and it should work. The win7 one is much more powerful. Also, windows 7 sound recorder lost all of it's classic features. Try out the winXP one, which is just... Brilliant. The only one that can chipmunk any wave file in mere seconds.
    07-24-12 11:56 PM
    Is it mostly not knowing how to use the ribbon? I hate the ribbon and want the old menus back.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    07-26-12 08:08 AM
    The #@!$+&% ribbon is the worst thing to ever happen to software. Period.

One of the best windows-based graphics programs I ever used was PaintShop Pro. Simple and intuitive to use, MUCH less costly than PhotoShop, but had some pretty powerful features. I've got PhotoShop Elements on the Mac now, which is pretty good, but still doesn't do all the things PSP did and isn't quite as easy to use. Seems like I'm always looking for help online to do fairly straightforward things. Still better than any of the garbage MS ever put out for photo editing.
    kbz1960 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-26-12 08:53 AM
    The #@!$+&% ribbon is the worst thing to ever happen to software. Period.

Click to view quoted image

One of the best windows-based graphics programs I ever used was PaintShop Pro. Simple and intuitive to use, MUCH less costly than PhotoShop, but had some pretty powerful features. I've got PhotoShop Elements on the Mac now, which is pretty good, but still doesn't do all the things PSP did and isn't quite as easy to use. Seems like I'm always looking for help online to do fairly straightforward things. Still better than any of the garbage MS ever put out for photo editing.
    I think the ribbon was created to make it more touch friendly but all it has done is make me hate it.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    07-26-12 09:05 AM
    I hate it too.So I use windows xp paint program.
    OK you! I never use win 7. Because some problem when running some program. I am using windows XP. It's good
    07-26-12 09:57 AM
    PaintShop Pro has a free trial. Ultimate Photo Editor - Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate

I'd recommend trying it to see if it works for you.
    07-26-12 10:04 AM
    Search for GIMP for Windows. GIMP is the open-source Photoshop essentially. Way superior to "Paint", and completely free.

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-29-12 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD