My birthday is coming up in 10 days, and my friends asked "what do you want" well the problem all I really want is my passport renewed, I know it's nto a big thing, but that's what I want. Does anyone know if the state department has "gift certificates"
    08-19-08 12:06 AM
    Friends... they mean well

...so, what do you want for your birthday?
    08-19-08 12:30 AM
    I love being asked that!! What do I want? Where do I start!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 12:35 AM
    Friends... they mean well

...so, what do you want for your birthday?
    ACK! Cate! Really just the passport so I can travel. The only other thing that comes to mind is a fountain pen, but I have rediculusly expensive taste in pens, like a 2 Grand
    Montblanc William Faulkner Limited Edition 2007 Set

"Where do I start!" that's the other part of the problem, I mean I've been REALLY wanting the passport.
    08-19-08 12:39 AM
    No one ever really asks me anymore. They know a Waterman
    fountain pen or an automatic watch will trip my trigger.
    I'm kind of predictable that way.
    08-19-08 12:42 AM
    I tend not to like that question either for the simple reason...if I REALLY say what then he/she cannot provide....
    08-19-08 09:31 AM
    I only want one thing for my birthday, a wally power 118. I saw one of these in person while in Cannes it was awsome. Google it, thats it.
    08-19-08 09:42 AM
    I only want one thing for my birthday, a wally power 118. I saw one of these in person while in Cannes it was awsome. Google it, thats it.
    That's it? sure let me just paypal you the money GEESH!
    08-19-08 09:50 AM
    Your mental prowess needs to be re-aligned. Are you kidding me? You're complaining about people asking what you'd like for your b-day? Man I wish my friends and family had that mindset when it came to my b-days. If they did; I wouldn't feel the 0.00345% guilt that I do feel when I re-gift the gifts given to me . It's a double-edged sword...I receive gifts from my friends/family that don't tickle my fancy; but the re-gifting saves me time/money looking for gifts for others...so I simply pass on the craptastic gifts I receive...which probably get re-gifted, gifted for all I know. Thus insuring a vicious and efficient cycle of craptastic gift recycling.
    08-19-08 10:16 AM
    Me too...

Figure it out..surprise me...not too many ppl care for the answer anyway. They've just become accustomed to asking. Like when ppl ask "how ya doin" and keep walking..
    08-19-08 04:41 PM
    I say the same few things every year. Money, beer, and a stripper and for as long as I can remember my mom has said the same thing. New socks it is.

08-19-08 04:56 PM
    My birthday is next week and I've been hearing that for the last month. I don't really want anything, they're friendship is enough for me!
    08-19-08 05:18 PM
    I love being asked that!! What do I want? Where do I start!

amen sister!
    08-20-08 04:50 AM
    I hate it too. Especially since I have the same list every year.

1. 2006 suzuki sv-650
    2. 1984 Les paul silverburst
    3. Karen foster (circa 1990)
    4. Toccara Elaine Jones
    5. Kimberly Locke

But I never get what I want...

Ah well, thank God I got what I need!

Dm

08-20-08 04:17 PM
    I hate it too. Especially since I have the same list every year.

1. 2006 suzuki sv-650
    2. 1984 Les paul silverburst
    3. Karen foster (circa 1990)
    4. Toccara Elaine Jones
    5. Kimberly Locke

But I never get what I want...

Ah well, thank God I got what I need!

Dm

I saw Kimberly Locke when she was in town for Pride, shes good.
    08-20-08 04:26 PM
    me too!! i hate this question mainly because i dont wanna ask for something that costs $100 and the person was only gonna spend $50...does that make sense?

and speaking of this topic....my birthday was the 13th and i told my boyfriend that i wanted a watch. however he HATES shopping and told me to pick something out and let him know. now he knows that i wont pick out a cheap watch (that sounds snobby...) but how do i pick on out and know how much to spend? and he said last night - just tell me how much it is! ugh...i was thinking about saying...get me a gift card to macys and i'll pick out a watch - then he can give me what he would have spent....thoughts????
    also...his bday is this weekend and i am planning a weekend getaway for us...maybe go shopping and pick out a watch???

i hate this game!
    08-20-08 06:27 PM
    My birthday is next week and I've been hearing that for the last month. I don't really want anything, they're friendship is enough for me!
    Also one of the people asking me is flying out to see me, I couldn't ask for a better friend.

*hold on there's something in my eye, I swear I'm not crying*
    08-20-08 08:52 PM
    I saw Kimberly Locke when she was in town for Pride, shes good.
    I....am green with envy...

Dm
    08-21-08 09:26 AM
    Me too...

Figure it out..surprise me...not too many ppl care for the answer anyway. They've just become accustomed to asking. Like when ppl ask "how ya doin" and keep walking..
    Too funny. And too true.
    08-21-08 09:31 AM
    Since I get this question a couple of times a year (Bday, Christmas, etc.), I just set up a shopping/registry list on the Kaboodle website and point folks to that. That way, folks can see what I want (or what I'm planning to eventually buy for myself).

Hey, I shouldn't have to be knocked up or married to have a gift registry:-). LOL
    08-21-08 12:56 PM
    Same here!!! It bothers me when someone asks "what you want for your bday?"...uhhh, if I said I want a Range Rover is that what I'm going to get? NO!! So, I think it's best that people dont ask that question if they're money is not right lol. I'm an expensive chick and like nice things, so if the money ain't right to suit my taste don't bother! Another option would be, use your better judgement on something you KNOW not THINK I will like! LOL
    08-23-08 12:48 PM
    I finally firgured it out. I know how to get people to stop asking.

Mom- what do you want for your Bday

Me- something small and see through ask Aisha what size she wears.

Hahahaha

My mom has not asked since and my birthday was last weekend I got a gift card to lowes the card said go buy a new bathroom window hahahaha

08-27-08 08:33 AM
    I gave some ideas as to what I'd like, though I didn't mention a range rover, though I did suggest a $300 piece of software. I'll let you all know tomorrow how it went
    08-27-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD