Hello,

like most of you guys... I do love my blackberry 8800. Keeps me company all day long, 24-7.. Use it as an alarm as well, wake up.. look at my emails... drive with it, cut the grass with it... took it to Greece with me.. I mean.. I love my BB.... My addiction was not bothering me as much because as a website admin, I was managing my business and server functions from my BB....

Well, at the same time, I do work 2 jobs so I can provide for my 2 kids and wife so I sometimes, I have to ignore the vibration in order to spend quality time with my kids especially.. My wife used to bug me about how much I was on the internet, even though she has no problem when I can make $$ off it.

Well now with my BB, I hardly go on the actual PC anymore.. I do most of my tasks through my BB.... well... I did.... the blackberry 8800 is no more...

Last weekend, I was having a bad day because of some business issues and I was trying to get some work done on my BB.... my wife started yelling and was asking me to give her my BB so that I can focus on what she wanted me to do with the house since we were having guests... and she kept asking.. and asking... and ********.. in front of my kids... asking me to stop using it... so I did... but I refused to give it to her.. after all, it is my BB.... so then after 10-20 minutes of complaining... i hear her tell my daughter that I love my BB more than I love my kids... I was not drinking or high or anything.. I don't do that kind of stuff... I was just having a bad day...

so I reach in a closet, get a big hammer... go in the bedroom and in front of my wife and kids, smash the BB to pieces... I have never done something similar before, nor am I the type to break things for the fun of it.. I just had enough of her complaining about my BB....

So now, I have to pay full retail for another one.. if I am going to get another.. one.. I think I will buy the 8820 and promise not to do anything that stupid again... I guess in a way, it would make sense if I was well off, but I am not.. I am a struggling entrepreneur that needs every $ he can get...

Although the story is embarrassing, I felt the need to share a true story...

The good news is... If I get the 8820, I already have an extra battery I can use!!!
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-20-07 at 07:53 PM. Reason: language
    09-20-07 10:10 AM
    We'll I can say we all could understand,having a bad is just that,a bad day,if you get a 8820 try ebay first,you might get brand new for a little less than full retail,i've seem my 8830 for as much as 599 in verizon stores but got mine for 400 brand new on ebay,good luck shopping around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-07 10:34 AM
    Helluva first post, man. Uhhhh, how did she react to you Pete-Townsending your innocent BlackBerry?
    09-20-07 10:57 AM
    She didn't give a damn man.. lol... owned!!! LOL

I am getting some bad news about the 8820 though... It seems like GPS is locked to work only with the telenav and BB maps is not working with it.. If this is correct... then forget it.. I am not buying a 8820...
    09-20-07 11:42 AM
    She didn't give a damn man.. lol... owned!!! LOL

I am getting some bad news about the 8820 though... It seems like GPS is locked to work only with the telenav and BB maps is not working with it.. If this is correct... then forget it.. I am not buying a 8820...
    That was debunked.
    09-20-07 11:50 AM
    Stay strong. I hope you spoke to her abt badmouthing you to your kids. Kids should not be put through that.

09-20-07 02:41 PM
    thank you. I did get 60% discount from ATT ordering the new 8820, and I didn;t even have to tell them the sob story :P

Now, all I have to do is intercept the next day 8820 delivery before she sees it!! lol
    09-20-07 03:02 PM
    Stay strong. I hope you spoke to her abt badmouthing you to your kids. Kids should not be put through that.

I agree with Sola... the worst thing you can do is say bad things about the other parent in front of the kids.... That is so messed up!
    09-20-07 06:26 PM
    Even if your BB usage was excessive (matter of opinion here, I cant say if it was or was'nt) no one should say the things your wife did to a child, that statement is just wrong to pose on any child, those are adult situations that a child should never have to endear (being frustrated I mean, and what she said) your wife was acting more of a child then your children probably act most times...I mean no personal offence in my words, just my thoughts on the situation, and I assumes thats what it was you were looking for by posting that info in a open forum.
    09-21-07 06:00 AM
    Panionios,Wow! That is some post!

I will not post judgement on anyone since we weren't there and we really don't know you or your family. At one time or another, we all have done things in the heat of anger that we regret later; some is costly (money wise) and sometimes it may be something verbal that can't be taken back as easily but through it all we learn from our negative encounters and realize that we need to react next time in a more productive way and try to channel our anger in another way like kickboxing, a punching bag, running a few miles, taking a long walk and getting out of the house to cool down. I commend you for sharing a very personal situation but I am not condoning your actions. It's a positive step in the right direction just by admitting that you might have a little problem with your temper. Most of us think about doing something when we are pushed to the brink, you just re-acted.

Wishing you all the best with your new blackberry and hope all is well with your personal situation at home.
    By the way, welcome to the forum.
    Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 09-21-07 at 11:57 AM.
    09-21-07 10:59 AM
    Quick and easy solution - Get your wife a BB too
    09-21-07 04:26 PM
    yeah, you guys are probably right but we try our best. 10+ years married, we are not that bad... She is a stay at home mom and goes to graduate school so when I come home from work she had enough... lol plus we get no help from our families so we are always hanging out together...

I am listening to XM radio on my 8820 right now and trying to figure out if the WI FI connection is helping reception or not...

thanks for listening.. I didn;t post this to get sympathy vote.... just for you guys that get crap for your blackberry addiction...

Goodnight,
    09-22-07 12:24 AM
    Who would have ever thought I a phone could ruin a good relatiohship! =]
    01-05-08 01:14 AM
    When we both got smartphones it was with the intent to share things between us. I am a programmer/designer/tech, while she is a graphic artist, but we both made a decision to keep work during the day, and nothing but phone calls at night. We own a small business and recieve 100+ emails a day on our phones,for our business, but I love her enough to put it down. Hope things work well for you. Stay strong, and do like me, and turn down the hard addiction to technology and communication.

Hunter
    01-07-08 10:58 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. I'm sorry you had to murder your Blackberry. If it helped the relationship, then it was worth it. I wouldn't recommend doing it with the next one though. It gets expensive after a while.
    01-09-08 05:05 PM
    yikes is all i can say. i'm sorry you went to such extremes, but i'm also sorry that your children had to see that kind of interaction.

01-10-08 03:14 AM
    Who would have ever thought I a phone could ruin a good relatiohship! =]
    Oh, it can happen. My wife accused me of coming home and doing nothing but sitting on my dang BB. The funny thing is that when she was using one, she was on it as much as me.

There's a fine line between endearing and abusing.
    01-10-08 12:44 PM
    The good way to have succesful relationship is respect each other and talk to each other.
    01-10-08 07:32 PM
    oh so true so true
    01-11-08 12:08 AM
    Get I agree about getting her one too! It fixed my relationship with my fiance! (yeah... He got me hooked the first day...)

02-20-08 02:18 AM
    I use mine to the extent that I do sometimes get the "look" from my wife and thats when I know that I need to cool it.
    02-20-08 02:29 AM
    I think you made your point. I hope when I get my first BB I won't forget about my wife. Well maybe the wife but not my two sons.
    04-12-08 06:13 PM
    Smoke crack instead

04-17-08 12:26 PM
    idc wat anybody says...id never break my phone to make a point...unless they payin for a new one
    04-17-08 02:53 PM
    If you got your point across than the BB died for a good cause. That's all I can say.

04-17-08 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD