So here it goes:

Im new to the forum, and decided to post a thread. I decided to post one about women posting pics with their black berries.

Im sure its nothing new, but hey. Well, after about the 3rd reply, the administrator decides to post a comment. He says " There are other post like this one, go post there" and he closed it.[
    I was thinking are you serious? lol

Reason I say that is because im sure there are duplicates of every question that people post in here.

Im sure everything has been answered already, am im sure there cant possibly be anymore unique questions.

go figure
    06-08-09 10:46 PM
    As a moderator on another forum I can understand. Most likely there was another thread already open and current with the same subject. Dont take it personally or anything.
    06-08-09 10:56 PM
    There are tons of threads that contain duplicate questions. I agree with mods closing threads like that since people don't search. We don't need 45 threads on the same topic and mods can't get to eveyone of them to check. Like said above, don't take it personally, just move on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 11:23 PM
    so whats the point of even asking a question? Then no one here will be able to ask their own question, because its already been asked. I bet if you go through all the threads you have started yourself, im sure they been started a million times! So please dont come with that answer, because im sure you contradicted yourself
    06-08-09 11:27 PM
    Duplicate threads cause forum clutter. The admins/mods have a right to limit the type and number of duplicate threads. It's hard enough to find legitimate stuff already, because people start multiple threads, for the same identical thing. It's not personal.

It's not an issue of "fairness", either. Folks attempted to answer your question, but you wanna be upset about it...so carry on. Perhaps someone will give you the answer you want.

Welcome to CB.

Ohh...get ready for this thread to be moved...or closed.
    06-09-09 12:42 AM
    so whats the point of even asking a question? Then no one here will be able to ask their own question, because its already been asked. I bet if you go through all the threads you have started yourself, im sure they been started a million times! So please dont come with that answer, because im sure you contradicted yourself
    It's OK. I agree with you man.
    06-09-09 12:44 AM
    Duplicate threads cause forum clutter. The admins/mods have a right to limit the type and number of duplicate threads. It's hard enough to find legitimate stuff already, because people start multiple threads, for the same identical thing. It's not personal.

It's not an issue of "fairness", either. Folks attempted to answer your question, but you wanna be upset about it...so carry on. Perhaps someone will give you the answer you want.

Welcome to CB.

Ohh...get ready for this thread to be moved...or closed.
    Double posting isn't aloud :-) :-P
    06-09-09 12:45 AM
    Double posting isn't aloud :-) :-P
    It's "allowed" and I caught it....good try.
    06-09-09 12:46 AM
    so whats the point of even asking a question?
    well one of the biggest things on any forum, is the use of the search function. some people, especially people new to forums in general, dont search and create so many duplicate threads. if a mod felt your post was similar to an already active thread, they have the right to close one, both or just merge them. chances are, this thread will be locked too since it was already explained by a mod why your thread was closed. complaining about it here, wont get you anywhere. lots of people get their threads locked everyday and mods list about 5-6 threads that wouldve answered their question just by searching. however, they dont complain about it. just move on, search for similar threads next time and take thread locking with a grain of salt dude.
    06-09-09 12:47 AM
    It's "allowed" and I caught it....good try.
    Ouch, Thanks for correcting me. I don't know how I would have slept tonight knowing I used the wrong spelling of a word.

I was only playing around. No need for a stroke.

and, It's not "allowed" either way :-D
    06-09-09 12:49 AM
    Why ask a question and waste other users time when all you have to do is search? There's a lot of people that will read this and simply won't post because there is ten other threads going already. Like everyone has said already, its nothing personal.

06-09-09 12:49 AM
    Ladies and gents, thank you for the replies. Greatly appreciated, but please dont think i take this personal. I really dont. There is more to life then my taking a forum personal lol.

Again thanks for the replies
    06-09-09 01:03 AM
    Ladies and gents, thank you for the replies. Greatly appreciated, but please dont think i take this personal. I really dont. There is more to life then my taking a forum personal lol.

Again thanks for the replies
    judging from the fact that you were quick to start a whole new topic expressing your displeasure, i think you took it personally.
    06-09-09 01:06 AM
    Funny how the people that think Im taking this personal, are the ones who take these forums to the extreme.

Example:

1. Criticizing mispelling of words

2. WHINE WHEN PEOPLE USE ALL CAPS lol oh god

3. Cry about douple posts.

and the list goes on.....

Now who really takes this personal? Think about it.
    06-09-09 01:09 AM
    Well, after about the 3rd reply, the administrator decides to post a comment. He says " There are other post like this one, go post there" and he closed it.[
    I was thinking are you serious? lol
    Actually, that is not what I said. This is what I said:
    If you are going to quote me, quote me right.

There are at least a half dozen portrait threads. Please post in
    one of those.
    And yes I am serious. And you prove my point by acknowledging that there
    are tons of duplicate threads. What I did with your thread was appropriate
    prudent and done without any prejudice.

If this concerns you we can discuss this via PM, but it is not an issue
    that should be discussed in an open forum
    06-09-09 01:11 AM
    In a way Siinister has a point. I wish we saw more consistency with all the duplicate threads all over Crackberry and the way they are handled, but yet they are left open. Everyday I see this while browsing the forum.
    06-09-09 01:15 AM
    I've been a forum member for over a year, I've posted over 400 times on forums and several hundred times on the social pages of this site. To date, I have started.... ready .... wait for it ..... 3 threads.

You've been a member for just this month and posted less than a dozen posts and started ..... ready ..... wait for it..... 3 threads!!!!!

I think it was completely appropriate to shut down your previous thread. When you whine, "it's not fair" - you sound like my 5 year old girl.

The forum mod who shut you down has posted over 10,000 times and countless more in social forums, been a member for over 18 months and started a whopping total of 34 threads. You're running at 50% of your posts being a new thread.

Damn son, take a frickin' hint. we don't like cluttered forums. AND (hint) this isn't match.com or eharmony.com. If your primary purpose for joining was dating, this may not be a good match and we may be out of harmony.

AND - yes, I am a stickler for someone making an ATTEMPT at proper spelling and punctuation. The title of this thread alone of this thread you started contains 3 words spelled wrong. At least make an effort. If that WAS your best effort, I apologize.
    06-09-09 01:15 AM
    lol isnt that the same thing I just said? Just different wording? lol Go ahead close this thread already.

You people nit pick everything.
    06-09-09 01:17 AM
    lol isnt that the same thing I just said? Just different wording? lol Go ahead close this thread already.

yes I do, and proudly.
    06-09-09 01:18 AM
    ohhh wow, a thread master lol

Am i supposed to kneel to u because someone posted more threads?

Is it me or some people just have too much time on their hands to post millions of threads.

I do have a life, so if I dont post a million threads like some people do, u know why. ( i have a life ) lol
    06-09-09 01:20 AM

Most of us that contribute to the site and are helpful have a right to nit pick.

06-09-09 01:20 AM
    in defense of the mods, they cant read every thread and every post. they cant shut down every single duplicate or constantly reposted similar questions. they arent on here 24/7 and rely on others to help point people to how to use the search function and now that bulliten boards are very mainstream, there is forum etiquette. complaining about closed threads is stupid. he just happen to catch your thread and deemed it similar to others. if you are here longer than 5 days or so, you will see plenty of other repeat garbage that gets shut down. i saw 3 threads from today alone that got the lock with a hint of search next time please. just deal with it.

and we nit pick when the same question gets asked 5 times a day over and over and when we see useless threads like this one.
    06-09-09 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD