My best friend is more or less making me choose sides, him or my long distance gf... When it's not even a factor of hanging out with her any time soon until next year. wtf... I speak with her on the phone, and hang out with him almost every weekend for hours on end.
    11-22-08 03:04 PM
    why is he making you choose?
    11-22-08 03:06 PM
    I think because he's worried he's going end up losing my friendship, or that he's going to be pushed to #2 or whatever. I always keep all friends and such at the same level, I never say this person is here or there, or anything like that.

Plus he's just over-emotional and feels the need that if he's not appreciated for the least little thing. He's not wanted. Sometimes I can't stand drama kings.

why is he making you choose?
    11-22-08 03:28 PM
    Awwwww...how cute.
    11-22-08 03:49 PM
    He's got a low self esteem problem. There's probably nothing you can do about it except to take a break because of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 09:43 PM

Any friend worth his or her salt, wouldn't ask you to choose.

11-22-08 10:30 PM
    The last time that happened to me was in elementary school and it was friends asking to chose which friends you want to hang around with. Friends should know boundaries like personal space and time for the spouses, its just weird this is an issue.
    11-22-08 11:16 PM
    My belief was you shouldn't even have have a GF or get married until you're atleast 30. I was 35 when I got married. It was a great choose I made in my life. So glad I waited. Wish you the best.

11-22-08 11:28 PM
    Any person who makes you choose, should lose.

You get what you need from friends--they shouldn't be making you feel conflicted. That's a one-way trip to disaster.

fwiw-I've had that feeling in past with two friends (one lived out of town) and the other local. Of course, I was always closer to the one in town. So it would burn my long distance friend when I'd say what we had done that weekend...I learned to keep the friendships separate and equal.

Good luck!
    11-22-08 11:32 PM
    Thanks for the thoughts, opinions, etc. Yeah it's an esteem issue, or insecurity issue. Considering he's been my friend for 15 years or so, and have had each others back through good times/bad times. It's always a minor issue to cause friction, go figure.... Things are working out, and will be working out slowly.
    11-23-08 04:45 PM
    I think because he's worried he's going end up losing my friendship, or that he's going to be pushed to #2 or whatever. I always keep all friends and such at the same level, I never say this person is here or there, or anything like that.

Plus he's just over-emotional and feels the need that if he's not appreciated for the least little thing. He's not wanted. Sometimes I can't stand drama kings.
    I learned a long time ago, that friends have to take me as I am, if they want me to take them as they are. No ultimatums on either side as far as who I/they/we talk to, or happen to be friends with. If a friend does not like someone, or care for the amount of time I spend with someone else, that's their problem. I tell the folks I know that tend to invent drama in their lives, if there's no risk to life, blood spurting or limbs unattached to call someone else.
    11-23-08 07:27 PM
    Good point.

I learned a long time ago, that friends have to take me as I am, if they want me to take them as they are. No ultimatums on either side as far as who I/they/we talk to, or happen to be friends with. If a friend does not like someone, or care for the amount of time I spend with someone else, that's their problem. I tell the folks I know that tend to invent drama in their lives, if there's no risk to life, blood spurting or limbs unattached to call someone else.
    11-23-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD