Man sues BofA for "1,784 billion, trillion dollars"
    The sum dwarfs the world's 2008 gross domestic product of $60 trillion, as estimated by the World Bank. Friday, September 25, 2009 NEW YORK (Reuters) - Dalton Chiscolm is unhappy about Bank of America's customer service -- really, really unhappy. Chiscolm in August sued the largest U.S. bank and its board, demanding that "1,784 billion, trillion dollars" be deposited into his account the next day. He also demanded an additional $200,164,000, court papers show.

Attempts to reach Chiscolm were unsuccessful. A Bank of America spokesman declined to comment.

"Incomprehensible," U.S. District Judge Denny Chin said in a brief order released Thursday in Manhattan federal court.

"He seems to be complaining that he placed a series of calls to the bank in New York and received inconsistent information from a 'Spanish woman,'" the judge wrote. "He apparently alleges that checks have been rejected because of incomplete routing numbers."

Chin has experience with big numbers. He's the judge who sentenced Bernard Madoff to a 150-year prison sentence for what the government called a $65 billion Ponzi scheme.

Bank of America Corp faces real legal problems, including New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo's threat to sue its chief executive and a judge's embarrassing rejection of a settlement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Yet the money Chiscolm wants could dwarf all the bank's other problems.

It's larger than a sextillion dollars, or a 1 followed by 21 zeros. Chiscolm's request is equivalent 1 followed by 22 digits.

The sum also dwarfs the world's 2008 gross domestic product of $60 trillion, as estimated by the World Bank.

"These are the kind of numbers you deal with only on a cosmic scale," said Sylvain Cappell, New York University's Silver Professor at the Courant Institute for Mathematical Sciences. "If he thinks Bank of America has branches on every planet in the cosmos, then it might start to make some sense."

Judge Chin gave Chiscolm until October 23 to better explain the basis for his claims, or else see his complaint dismissed.
    http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/news/secti...article=6063426

only thing i can picture after reading 1,784 billion trillion dollars is

10-01-09 08:05 AM
    Some people are bat**** crazy...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 08:58 AM
    There should be some kind of consequence for filing these ridiculous claims. such a wasye of time in a busy legal system which actually has people with real issues that need to be addressed. Just seeing the crap that people go to court for (and sadly sometimes win) makes me mad.

The lady that spilled the coffee on herself - should have been tossed out of court on her tail.

That Judge that sued the cleaners for 1,000,000 over a pair of pants - should have been disbarred and then kicked out on his tail.

This "a million bazillion dollar" guy should be beaten publicly and then comitted.

Feel free to elect me a Judgeship!
    10-01-09 09:10 AM
    Uh, how about a penalty of a day served for every dollar demanded, that would be my judgement on a twit like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 09:22 AM
    I would have used a different word than "twit".... I read about this earlier. Unbelievable.
    10-02-09 08:52 AM
    Dang it! I got fooled again. Judging from the thread title, I thought this would be an interesting subject.

...but yes, the world is inhabited by a certain number of crazy people....and yes, they do stupid crap.
    10-02-09 10:21 AM
    There should be some kind of consequence for filing these ridiculous claims. such a wasye of time in a busy legal system which actually has people with real issues that need to be addressed. Just seeing the crap that people go to court for (and sadly sometimes win) makes me mad.

The lady that spilled the coffee on herself - should have been tossed out of court on her tail.

That Judge that sued the cleaners for 1,000,000 over a pair of pants - should have been disbarred and then kicked out on his tail.

This "a million bazillion dollar" guy should be beaten publicly and then comitted.

Feel free to elect me a Judgeship!

So...I don't know about the McD's where you worked (or the person you know what ever) But the issue wasn't just that it was hot it was the way McD's handles the coffee. If I remember the coffee she got was ungodly (XD) hot. The coffee in my Mr. coffee right now wouldn't give you a 3rd degree burn.
    10-02-09 10:26 AM
    So...I don't know about the McD's where you worked (or the person you know what ever) But the issue wasn't just that it was hot it was the way McD's handles the coffee. If I remember the coffee she got was ungodly (XD) hot. The coffee in my Mr. coffee right now wouldn't give you a 3rd degree burn.
    You're missing the point. She spilled the coffee on herself, it was completely her fault.

If I choke to death on a hamburger, I'm not going to sue McDonald's because I'm a moron. As much as I hate McDonald's, they seem innocent in this case.
    10-02-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD